Author Topic: Rooibos tea  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Rooibos tea
« on: June 04, 2008, 04:16:27 PM »
I really like that tea from South Africa. I buy blends of it from Celestial Seasonings. I was curious, do you guys think it's ethical to buy products from South Africa right now though as long as they're treating their white population so badly? Should I stop drinking this tea?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Rooibos tea
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »
If you'd boycott  SA then you would be hearting the whites there too because they still dominate its Economy I believe.

I drink loads of it, vanilla-Cinnamon is my favorite flavor. If I stop drinking it then I will drink exclusively green-tea which has caffeine in it, so there better be a good reason why to boycott rooibus. Besides does it only comes from SA?

Offline underthesun

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »
I'm not a fan of boycotts.
Because of imperfect people often boycott one unethical product and buy another unethical product ...
You probably use gas or buy products that have been transported by trucks. What can be worse?

I would only boycott in serious issues and when I know that it will do good.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 09:10:07 PM »
I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it. I don't want to give money to the blacks of South Africa but I do want to help the whites there.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 09:16:52 PM »
The Health Benefits of Rooibos...Rooibos Tea - Red Tea ..
With its many positive attributes, Rooibos tea is a great choice of drink for health conscious people.

Rooibos tea contains no colors, additives or preservatives, making it a natural beverage. It contains no caffeine. According to studies conducted in South Africa and Japan Rooibos has been shown to aid in health problems such as insomnia, irritability, headaches, nervous tension, and hypertension.

Studies also show that this tea contains anti - spasmodic agents, which can relieve stomach cramping and colic in infants.

In South Africa Rooibos has been used to treat allergies such as hay fever, asthma and eczema very effectively .

It is also used to treat irritated skin. Rooibos is brewed and placed directly on infected areas. Rooibos contains anti - oxidants which can help slow the aging process and boost the immune system.

Rooibos is a great thirst quencher and is an excellent beverage for active people, including children. Most kids will drink Rooibos without added sugar or sweeteners.

This tea contains almost no oxalic acid, making it a good beverage for people prone to kidney stones. Rooibos contains the following minerals: copper, iron and potassium, calcium, fluoride, zinc, manganese, alpha- hydroxy ( for healthy skin ) and magnesium (for the nervous system) are also components of this tea. In South Africa pregnant women and nursing mothers drink Rooibos because it contains no caffeine.
Rooibos contains no oxalic acid, making it a good beverage for people prone to kidney stones. Rooibos contains the minerals, copper, iron and potassium, calcium, fluoride, zinc, manganese, alpha- hydroxyl ( for healthy skin ) and magnesium ( for the nervous system ) are also components of this tea. In South Africa pregnant women and nursing mothers drink Rooibos because it contains no caffeine.

http://www.africantea.com/Rooibos-Health/rooibos-health.html

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 04:52:15 AM »
I really like that tea from South Africa. I buy blends of it from Celestial Seasonings. I was curious, do you guys think it's ethical to buy products from South Africa right now though as long as they're treating their white population so badly? Should I stop drinking this tea?

Rooibos tea is produced in the Cape, and almost certainly the farmers producing it are genial white Cape Afrikaaners. However, we have to remember who is harvesting it, and the wild conditions under which it grows. In the early '70's, production was halted due to a serious health scare, which I seem to recall was Salmonella or similar. Since then, however, no problems. In S. Africa, rooibos is traditionally boiled for longer than ordinary tea, but the modern tendency to use it there and elsewhere in tea bags may lead to more bacteria surviving. Guess I shouldn't have said that. I'm now going to duck to avoid the response.

Offline Boeregeneraal

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 10:26:24 AM »
This is fantastic!!!

Our dear members Ruby, etc, thank you soo much for buying and in turn supporting the white farmers by buying Rooibos!

Tell me, do they sell it in large quantities in America?

Offline Boeregeneraal

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 10:56:01 AM »
If you'd boycott  SA then you would be hearting the whites there too because they still dominate its Economy I believe.

Not quite, but not far of. See, the whites are the only ones keeping the economy alive, but they are the ones whom benefit the least from the economy.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 12:12:54 PM »
It's becoming more popular as more information gets spread about its supposed health benefits. All I know is that it tastes good. It's one of the more popular flavors of Celestial Seasonings tea. I also buy honeybush.