Author Topic: Benjamin Netanyahu  (Read 1040 times)

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
Benjamin Netanyahu
« on: June 23, 2008, 01:05:33 PM »
Since Benjamin Netanyahu might be the next President of Israel I'd like to hear your personal opinion about him.

He certainly isn't a Kahanist but do you think he has finally learnt from the past?

I don't know of any politician who speaks out that openly about Iran.

Watch the clip and let me know what you think.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Re: Benjamin Netanyahu
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 01:11:03 PM »
You meant Prime Minister. Bibi is fine, I think.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 01:13:21 PM »
Yes, I believe Bibi would win out over Ehud Barak.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 01:27:02 PM »
Since Benjamin Netanyahu might be the next President of Israel I'd like to hear your personal opinion about him.

He certainly isn't a Kahanist but do you think he has finally learnt from the past?

I don't know of any politician who speaks out that openly about Iran.

Watch the clip and let me know what you think.

the situation is not one of stupid israeli politicians who don't learn.

it is one of corrupt politicians that don't care or are bought.

netanyahu=sharon

the way it works, is if the people get tough, they vote netanyahu/sharon, if they are lenient they vote a rabin/peres.
They all go the same route.. but the pace differs.

For the powers that be, (CFR?)
rabin/peres is the ideal, since they just go ahead and give the land according to plan.

sharon/netanyahu are the only people able to give land when people want to be tough.

There is only ever 1 plan. they all follow it.  Currently it's unilateral withdrawal. Mitzna (of the meretz party) introduced it, he lost, Sharon who had been keeping his plan secret, suddenly won, to his suprise. And then he implements the same plan as mitzna.

I noticed the mitzna sharon plan thing myself.. That ther was only ever one plan.. But the thing about the CFR, I got from Chamish, you have to take some things of what he says, and leave others. He has some good info though... He mentioned that henry kissinger had been vising ariel sharon ever year since around 1970. And he mentioned a story of netanyahu being visited by kissinger, and afterwards looking downtrodden and speaking of "painful compromises".

Netanyahu, one can explain without a conspiracy..
His website says something like.. he believes we need a world coalition against terrorism, or at least america against it with us. And so he will not say no to america.
He has to be told (and I heard the following argument from tovia singer), that Israel -can- say no to america.  If Israel ws to say no, then america would not abandon israel. There are so many evangelical christians in america that they wouldn't let america abandon israel

note- rabbi kahane's position was quite extreme on this.. He thought we should cut ties with america. We are a nation that dwells alone. He said let evangelicals support israel.. not for israel, because israel doesn't need it. But for themselves - because "he who blesses israel, will be blessed".
Rabbi Kahane pointed out that in 1948, america abandoned israel, boycotted her. (and as chaim said, britain actually armed the arabs!) and according to the british paper Jewish Chronicle of 1948, britain officered-provided officers to- them too!). And we fought, and G-d provided a miracle.  And who should help us? stalin! he provided us arms
He was fine for trade though.. nations trade based on personal interest. .trade of arms e.t.c. (he knew his economics, as well as his politics history secular law, and talmud).  

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 01:52:22 PM »
Netanyahu has a weak character and he would easily cave in to American pressure. Indeed he had caved in when was in Office the first time. He was forced to sign the Hebron agreement- giving up Hebron to the Arab save for the small Jewish quarter, and he was also forced into the Wye accords where he signed off 13% of Yesha to the Arab Nazis.