Author Topic: Why are people in the south so ant-semitic  (Read 1304 times)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Why are people in the south so ant-semitic
« on: June 25, 2008, 07:44:35 PM »
I live in a small town in Southwest, Va, though not born and raised. It's amazing to me how so many of these people are Jew haters.  And I am talking so called conservative Christians.  Any theories?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Why are people in the south so ant-semitic
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 07:49:05 PM »
I live in a small town in Southwest, Va, though not born and raised. It's amazing to me how so many of these people are Jew haters.  And I am talking so called conservative Christians.  Any theories?

I live in the south and people treat me fine here. Rather a honest Christian than one that says they love you but think your going to hell in the back of their mind.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »
Let me point out that I don't believe all people from the south are jew haters. 

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 09:26:16 PM »
I personally don't have an answer for you either. I live in SE Florida, which is like a second NYC down here, but as you travel North and West, there is that hatred. Even though we did serve in the Confederacy and have a lot of roots down here. I personally think it's there in that point of US history. I think they believe, that WE in particular ended slavery which is my theory, only because do you honestly think Lincoln would've ended slavery on his own?

I don't think we should accept ALL of the burden, considering they hate Italians down south as well. Now why, I have no clue there. My guess would be too ethnic, but even them with intermarriages. The blood isn't as pure as say 50-75 years ago with people getting right off the boats from Europe.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »
I live in the south, can't get any more southern than Atlanta. I love Jews and Israel, because I take God and the Bible very seriously.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 09:54:21 PM »
I live in the south, can't get any more southern than Atlanta. I love Jews and Israel, because I take G-d and the Bible very seriously.
Atlanta could use all the white folks they can get now days. Some years back I was traveling from Columbia SC to Warm Springs GA. I tried to find a place to stay just outside of East Atlanta. One of the hotels I stopped at had a black lady as a desk clerk G-d bless her she had no rooms but told me where to find one near by. It was about 10 pm and she told me not to go into Atlanta it was not safe for me. The South is sort of mixed up today I found loads of resentment towards white folks from the north but southern blacks seem to be very comfortable in the old south.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 10:33:07 PM »

ignorance.  they hear it in the home so therefore they are raised that way and so are many/most in their communities.  there probably are no Jews living in their communities so they don't know any and if they are living in their neighborhoods they are not welcome and do not associate with them and tell their children 'their' versions of the Jews.  you asked about small towns in the south where not many Jewish people reside.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 10:35:47 PM by jaime »

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 10:49:12 PM »
I personally don't have an answer for you either. I live in SE Florida, which is like a second NYC down here, but as you travel North and West, there is that hatred. Even though we did serve in the Confederacy and have a lot of roots down here. I personally think it's there in that point of US history. I think they believe, that WE in particular ended slavery which is my theory, only because do you honestly think Lincoln would've ended slavery on his own?

I don't think we should accept ALL of the burden, considering they hate Italians down south as well. Now why, I have no clue there. My guess would be too ethnic, but even them with intermarriages. The blood isn't as pure as say 50-75 years ago with people getting right off the boats from Europe.

i live in florida to the north and to the west and I know what your saying, I hide my identity well hehe. I even fly a large confederate flag though.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 11:18:03 PM »

ignorance.  they hear it in the home so therefore they are raised that way and so are many/most in their communities.  there probably are no Jews living in their communities so they don't know any and if they are living in their neighborhoods they are not welcome and do not associate with them and tell their children 'their' versions of the Jews.  you asked about small towns in the south where not many Jewish people reside.

Ok that's just ignorance, I am a Jew living in a rural southern town, and theres more anti-semitism in the north in a city than here in the south.

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 11:50:35 PM »
South Carolina is considered like the old old south and trust me, they ain't anti-semitic there, besides the democraps.