Author Topic: Belgian Right-Wing Politician Calls Zionism as Bad as Islamism  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Belgian Right-Wing Politician Calls Zionism as Bad as Islamism
From the desk of Paul Belien on Sun, 2008-06-29 20:27
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/3375

Yesterday, the Belgian establishment newspaper De Standaard published a double interview with the Dutch politician Geert Wilders and the Flemish politician Jean-Marie Dedecker. Mr Dedecker, a popular former judo coach, is a populist right-wing politician who was ousted by the governing Flemish Liberal Party in 2006 and founded his own party, the Lijst Dedecker (LDD) or Gezond Verstand Partij (Common Sense Party). He won 5.5% of the Flemish vote in the June 10, 2007, elections. It is generally assumed that he did so mainly at the expense of the Flemish-secessionist and anti-Islamist Vlaams Belang (VB, Flemish Interest) party. According to the latest polls Dedecker is currently at 12.4%, again mostly at the expense of the VB. Last November, Dedecker called the VB “fascistic” and boasted that he is single-handedly succeeding in what the Belgian establishment failed to do for 20 years: “smoking out the VB.”

Geert Wilders, who was ousted by the governing Dutch Liberal Party in 2004 and also founded his own party, the Partij voor de Vrijheid (PVV, Freedom Party) won 5.9% of the Dutch vote in the November 22, 2006, elections with an anti-Islamist platform. Polls predict that his party will double in size if elections are held today. Wilders’ spectacular growth has, however, been stopped by Rita Verdonk, another former member of the Dutch Liberal Party (and a former Dutch Immigration minister), who was ousted in 2007 and also founded her own party, Trots op Nederland (TON, Proud to be Dutch). Verdonk is opposed to immigration but does not criticize Islam. In the polls she is doing better than Wilders.

Excerpts from the interview:

De Standaard: There are also large differences between the two of you. Mr Dedecker is opposed to prohibiting things, whereas you [Geert Wilders] want to prohibit all kinds of things, starting with the Koran. […]

Wilders: That I want to prohibit all sort of things is complete nonsense. I only want to prohibit things to defend our rule of law. I am still enough of a liberal to prohibit things only in the most extreme cases. I do not like to prohibit books at all. You will never hear me advocate prohibiting other books.

De Standaard: Do you also feel that our rule of law is threatened in this way, Mr Dedecker?

Dedecker: I feel threatened by the fact that the separation between church and state is diminishing. But I have no existential angst. There are two major phobias at present in our society: Islamophobia and climatophobia. Both are being promoted.

(To Wilders) You think that Eurabia is a danger. I disagree. Our enlightenment values are strong enough to withstand this. However, we have to wake up. What the politically correct Left has done to our society explains our [electoral] success.

Wilders: If you say that we must wake up, this means that the leftist political elite is sleeping at this moment. That is exactly the reason why our enlightenment ideas do not prevail. Because those leftist politicians, who have become ever more dependent on [the votes of] immigrant groups, will sleep on.

Dedecker: I think prohibiting the Koran is a form of overacting. We shouldn’t prohibit any books: neither Mein Kampf nor the Koran. The Bible, the Thora and the Koran are but fairy tale books. That is what you have to dare tell the people. If religion manifests itself as collective madness, then we must dare to oppose it and start the debate.

Wilders: The Koran is a diabolic book rather than a fairy tale book. It is also, unlike the other books which you refer to – and which I would not call fairy tale books, but it is your right to do so – a book from which people draw inspiration today to commit terrorist acts and exclude women and homosexuals from my community and execrate the separation of church and state. Fairy tale books do not do such things. Fairy tale books concern the Efteling or Walibi [Dutch and Belgian theme parks; equivalents of Disneyland]

Dedecker: I am opposed to the wearing of headscarfs by civil servants, I am opposed to separate swimming hours [for men and women] in swimming pools, but is this a reason to prohibit the Koran? On the contrary, I am one hundred percent behind our own values. And I am as much criticised for this as you. […]

[To Wilders] Up to a certain extent you are also a Zionist. I find that very strange of you.

Wilders: A Zionist? What next?

Dedecker: The way you always defend Israel – as a matter of fact this happens much more in the Netherlands than in Belgium. We both have visited Israel and the Palestinian territories. I consider Zionism and Islamism as similar phenomena. You constantly defend Israel although you know what is being inflicted there on the Palestinians. Do you do that perhaps because Zionism is the counterpart of Islamism?

Wilders: It is interesting that you say this. Zionist goes perhaps a bit far, but I am, indeed, a convinced defender of Israel. Because Israel is an oasis of democracy and Western values in the Middle East. I have also been in other countries in the region, from Syria via Iran to Afghanistan: all these countries are dictatorships. Israel is the only country where a majority in parliament can dismiss a minister – as members of parliament you and I should be able to appreciate that.

I am biased in favour of Israel. Is that so bad? No, I am even proud of it. You have to make up your own mind, but you, too, should be proud of every democracy in the world.

Dedecker: You are partly right. But that does not justify Israel’s apartheid policies – and that is exactly what I reject. I call Israel a kippah democracy.

Wilders: I have a different opinion. Palestinians who are living in Gaza and on the West Bank at this moment, could very well move to the other side of the Jordan – to Jordan or other areas. There is space and place enough there and many Palestinians already live there.

De Standaard: So you also favour ethnic cleansing?

Wilders: That is not ethnic cleansing. Israel can justly claim those regions. Moreover we do not have to harm anyone, but I see what happens today: Hamastan, governs Gaza.

Dedecker: Why should the Palestinians have to go to Jordan? The Palestinians are the outcasts of the Middle East: they are not welcome anywhere. These are people who were driven from their territory on the basis of an international treaty and pseudo property rights granted by the Thora or the Bible. Property rights on the basis of fairy tale books.

Wilders: For me the security of Israel as a democracy prevails on the rights of a group who is to a large extent guilty of terror and corruption. There is no democratic Palestinian authority – that is the sad truth. I am convinced that the attacks which Israel suffers from radical Islam are attacks aimed at us.

Dedecker: Isn't it the opposite? Research shows that three fourth of the suicide terrorists are motivated by the fate of the Palestinians. If we solve that situation, would it not lead to a safer world for all of us? Meanwhile we spend billions and billions on our security.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Belgian Right-Wing Politician Calls Zionism as Bad as Islamism
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 07:18:32 AM »
Yes i saw it well at least Geert Wilders stood up for Israel.Dedecker is not the right type of person to lead a right wing party he under estimates Eurabia,any General or great leader never underestimates the enemy
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:23:32 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:15:54 AM »
29 Jun 2008
Special Guest

Dedecker has got to be in the running for Dhimmi of the Year.  Every sentence he utters deserves a full rebuttal.  He's got tu quoque oozing out of every pore in his skin.

In brief,

The Bible, the Thora and the Koran are but fairy tale books.

I am an atheist, but have no problems in seeing the difference in what the Bible teaches versus what the holy, holy Qur'an teaches.  I don't mock and denigrate the teachings of Jesus Christ the way Dedecker does.  And true, some of those Grimm's Fairy Tales are pretty gruesome (with wolves eating grandmothers and huffing and puffing and blowing down piggy houses), but none come close to the horrors of the ahadith.

There are two major phobias at present in our society: Islamophobia and climatophobia.

Whether any one person accepts it or not, the overwhelming scientific consensus on global warming is that it is occuring.  Likewise, the statistics on violent attacks on civilians for religious reasons show an overwhelming link to Islamic doctrine.

I am opposed to the wearing of headscarfs by civil servants, I am opposed to separate swimming hours [for men and women] in swimming pools, but is this a reason to prohibit the Koran?

Wilders isn't for the banning of the holy, holy Qur'an because it mandates headscarves being worn by civil servants.  It's due to the beheading of ice-cream vendors.  And school girls.  And journalists.  If the only thing the holy, holy Qur'an advocated was the wearing of headscarves by civil servants, or having separate swimming hours for men and women, I don't think we'd be giving Islam any more thought than the Church of Latter Day Saints.

I consider Zionism and Islamism as similar phenomena.

Dedecker spends a suspiciously  inordinate amount of time trying to morally equate the Jews and the Muslims.  But of course Jews are not flying airplanes into the sides of skyscrapers, or blowing up pizzerias or buses or trains with bomb vests, or lobbing mortars at Muslim schools, and using quotes from the Torah to justify it.  Zionism is the belief that Jews deserve to have a homeland where they can be relatively free from the threat of genocide;  Islamism is the belief that Islam deserves to have the entire universe, and that it should be conquered with religiously sanctioned violence and genocide.  Not only are these two concepts not similar, they are practically contradictory in every sense.

The Palestinians are the outcasts of the Middle East: they are not welcome anywhere.

The "Palestinians" were "ethnically cleansed" from Jordan because they tried to violently overthrow the Jordanian government in September 1970.  They are outcasts and unwelcome because (1) they are a useful propaganda tool for the ummah to wield against the Israelis, and (2) they bring death, destruction, and corruption to whomever are naive enough to allow them sanctuary.

http://www.newenglishreview.org/blog_display.cfm/blog_id/15625

Bravo Special guest, you can also add that fakestinians managed to brake the only unfailed Arab state the Lebanon by starting civil war against local christians and provoking the war with Israel. Lebanon was forced to shelter their "Arab brothers" by Egipt and Syria who love pals so much that they keep them in camps under military guard to this day.... Of course they're not "aparthied countries" at all. ::)
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 06:27:52 PM »
Bravo special guest, and Wilders- I didn't know he has such a firm belief in Israels justice.

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 07:24:32 PM »
I think Kahanism is the cure against Islamism.
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 07:25:56 PM »
I think Kahanism is the cure against Islamism.

A nuke is a cure for Islam

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 06:23:28 AM »
Kahanism is the cure for Israel, as to islam nothing that neutron bombs (another Jewish invention) can't cure.  O0
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm