Author Topic: How is the new forum different?  (Read 1938 times)

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
How is the new forum different?
« on: June 30, 2008, 10:36:06 PM »
It looks pretty much the same? Am I wrong? How is it different?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: How is the new forum different?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:37:37 PM »
It looks pretty much the same? Am I wrong? How is it different?

A couple of the sections were taken off

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 10:37:55 PM »
I think a lot of sections were collapsed into other sections to make it more tidy.

To Chaim or any administrator:  Was any content deleted altogether, or was it all just moved around?

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 10:46:42 PM »
Please trust Chaim as he reorganizes. There is a lot of work that needs to be done.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 10:50:25 PM »
Chaim said in Ask JTF that he merged forums, so I would assume that the posts are still there, otherwise we would have seen a pretty significant drop in post-counts from everyone.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:03:45 PM »
The forum went on a diet and now it has a slimmer waistline.

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 01:40:24 AM »
less child boards more sections merged to make it look more organized

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 05:26:10 AM »
  Healthy Living was moved in General Discussion! :) :) :)
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 05:47:35 PM »
I don't think Chaim deleted any posts.

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 08:31:59 PM »
Damn, and I spent a lot of time moving stuff to those smaller forums.  Well, this is going to take a lot of getting used to.

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 09:29:09 PM »
I think a lot of sections were collapsed into other sections to make it more tidy.

To Chaim or any administrator:  Was any content deleted altogether, or was it all just moved around?

We just moved some of the messages to their parent topic or the general section.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 09:30:33 PM »
Damn, and I spent a lot of time moving stuff to those smaller forums.  Well, this is going to take a lot of getting used to.
Its always good to try something new but I have to say I liked our old layout. We might have needed to par down a few sections but everything had a place and it was easy to find stuff that was posted even from a while back. Now and then I would go to the the page that shows where people who are on the forum are browsing and I would see guests looking at old and new posts in all the different sections. I think our old format with all its subsections made the place look like it was a well established presence on the web. We had a history. It was easy to follow a thread back to its starting point and all the related issues were in that section. Visitors could see we have had members who have been around for some time and by reading back they were able to get a feel for our movement and its people. I think we lost some of that in this new format. For people who did not what to bother with that we had the general section that features current issues and this is the first thing most new people go to anyway. I guess in a few weeks the new format will overshadow the prior one and we may end up liking it better. Only time will tell.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 09:33:45 PM »
Its always good to try something new but I have to say I liked our old layout. We might have needed to par down a few sections but everything had a place and it was easy to find stuff that was posted even from a while back. Now and then I would go to the the page that shows where people who are on the forum are browsing and I would see guests looking at old and new posts in all the different sections. I think our old format with all its subsections made the place look like it was a well established presence on the web. We had a history. It was easy to follow a thread back to its starting point and all the related issues were in that section. Visitors could see we have had members who have been around for some time and by reading back they were able to get a feel for our movement and its people. I think we lost some of that in this new format. For people who did not what to bother with that we had the general section that features current issues and this is the first thing most new people go to anyway. I guess in a few weeks the new format will overshadow the prior one and we may end up liking it better. Only time will tell.
I agree with CJD

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 09:41:57 PM »

I can honestly understand. Any change is going to have difficulty. We get used to something and it's natural for people to have difficulty with change sometimes. This format has been more effective in the Hebrew forum so we try to do the things we can to increase membership.

For people who have been here for a long time and post often, it really wasn't that much of an issue. But for new people, it was very confusing and new members weren't sure where to post or wound up just posting everything into the general section defeating the purpose. We want the site to look professional so we can attract many new members. Plus, maintaining it was very difficult in numerous ways.

I feel a tremendous amount of relief the board was cleaned up and simplified some... and there are still a ton of easily searchable topics.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 09:57:47 PM »
Yes, the search function is incredibly useful and really enables a person to go through the archives and find unique topics/subjects irregardless of how the forum may be divided up into subsections etc.  I Love the search function.  It is invaluable.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »

Thanks to everyone who spent the time and effort in putting together with the new Forum format.    I certainly like the new format and it's potential for the overall cause.        And thanks to Yacov for all his efforts with the Forum.     

A couple question regarding the new Forum format:

Where are the audio and video archives now located?   Including the thread that was a sticky in the Kahanist Section,    tha the http://www.jtfarchive.org/index.pl link is located in?     

Also, where was the info moved regarding the campaign for Chaim to be able to go to Israel?   

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/