Author Topic: My College Response To "Teaching American History"  (Read 1518 times)

admin

My College Response To "Teaching American History"
« on: January 23, 2007, 01:21:27 AM »
I wrote this tonight to give into History class tomorrow. It is an abstract of the below cited source.

Diggins, John Patrick. “Teaching American History.” The American Scholar (Winter 1998): 93-94.

The author argues that multiculturalism is bad and criticizes those who believe that instead of having one united culture, there should be separate studies departments for various minority groups. He criticizes the Marxist agenda for history education. The "new historians" are seen as wanting to criticize the ruling class but it is the same ruling class that is allowing them to impose their views in the American education system.

Multiculturalism is indeed a bad thing. It was the European immigrants that made the United States what it is. It is a travesty what the multinational corporations are imposing on the American education system in order to indoctrinate the youth in what they believe in. Being objective is one thing but that doesn't mean people have to be taught the views of the extreme left. The author is also correct in opposing affirmative action policies.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 05:02:42 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
Re: My College Response To "Teaching American History"
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 06:15:19 PM »
Dear Yacov Menashe

I liked your mini-articles.  I agree about multiculturalism being not the best way forward but integration can sometimes if too zealously pursued lead to the suppression of genuinely diverse values which society should encourage.  Would Jews want to be forcibly integrated into accepting Christian beliefs?  Not that America is a CHristian nation anyway.

The "new historians" are seen as wanting to criticize the ruling class but it is the same ruling class that is allowing them to impose their views in the American education system.

This is exactly true.  These people spent most of the 1970s and 1980s being in opposition to the Establishment.  Then the Establishment gave them cushy, well-paid jobs.  And now they push their suicidal diversity agenda while wearing suits and zipping about in fancy cars.  Working class white people are the 'new schvartzas'.  No one stands on their side any more.

Both white men and white women should share the same perspective on U.S. history.   White men and white women are supposed to be complementary and not in opposition to one another. To say otherwise is to be giving blessing to Marxist 'divide and conquer' strategies.  Negroes should not be in college anyway so the question of how to educate them is simple: educate them to become the beasts of burden that G-d intended them to be.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 06:17:18 PM by Fruit of thy loins »
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?