Author Topic: John McCain to Pick Mitt Romney As Running Mate  (Read 4406 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
John McCain to Pick Mitt Romney As Running Mate
« on: July 01, 2008, 08:21:01 PM »
Sen. John McCain will choose businessman and former Massachusetts Governor, Mitt Romney as Vice President, in his bid for the White House this November, a source closely connected with the McCain campaign, who asked to remain anonymous, told us earlier this afternoon.

Though others were close in the running, the choice ultimately came down to the money–not the man. According to our source, the campaign narrowed their Vice Presidential options to Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney, the two most successful opponents of McCain in the bid for the Republican nomination. But despite Huckabee’s sway with far Right conservatives and evangelical voters, Romney packs the deepest fund-raising pockets.

As a successful businessman and prominent member of the staggeringly wealthy Mormon community, Romney brings with him the potential to raise “upwards of $60 million in 30 to 60 days, whereas Huckabee could only raise $10 to $15 million,” says our source.

McCain needs those types of numbers to be competitive with the money-sponge that is the Obama campaign, which has 1.7 million individual donors–as well as the Hollywood machine–and is ringing-out advertising dollars across the country, saturating voters in his ‘50 State Strategy‘ to win the White House.

“How the hell did the publisher of the ‘Top 20 Side-Boobs of All Time‘ get this scoop,” you must be asking yourself, right now. (We were asking ourselves the same question.) And here’s the answer: It’s all part of the McCain campaign’s plan to directly target college-age voters, in an attempt to sway them away from Sen. Obama, says our source.

Additionally, the campaign wants to solidify their ticket far in advance of the Obama campaign making their VP choice, in order to get a “head start” on the surge in fund-raising they expect to receive with the announcement of Romney as the Republican VP pick.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: John McCain to Pick Mitt Romney As Running Mate
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 08:23:35 PM »
That is good but aren't some religious groups going to get turned off by Romney's Mormon backround

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:23:50 PM »
Probably the best choice. Romney was the most solid of McCain's serious opponents. He will suffer from being a Mormon, but Huckabee suffers more, in the eyes of the mainstream, from being an evangelical Christian/pastor (sadly).

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:25:48 PM »
What is Romneys stance on Israel?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 08:33:43 PM »
Fairly stock for the GOP (in theory, he supports two states and all that crap). However, I doubt he means it or even cares. He is not a Zionist, but he is not a Jew-hater either.

As far as I know he never pulled a Huckabee (i.e. claiming to support Israel and at the same time saying the Fakestinians have suffered for no reason).

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 08:43:12 PM »
Well the good thing about Romney is he can get a lot of money to fund the campain

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 08:48:48 PM »
True. McCain is just about broke and Osama hasn't even finished building hs 3-400 million dollar warchest.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 09:16:18 PM »
Chaim mentioned that politically Romney is the Best choice... I Agree, even though I supported Huckabee!

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 09:19:10 PM »
Though others were close in the running, the choice ultimately came down to the money–not the man. According to our source, the campaign narrowed their Vice Presidential options to Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney, the two most successful opponents of McCain in the bid for the Republican nomination. But despite Huckabee’s sway with far Right conservatives and evangelical voters, Romney packs the deepest fund-raising pockets.

Romney maybe able to raise funds, but that does not mean anything if he cannot inspire people to come out and vote, which he was not able to do in the primaries. His flip-flops make him look worse than John Kerry. A matter of fact he looks a lot like John Kerry with his picture perfect image and wealth he seems the mannequin candidate who will say and do anything just to be elected, and then ignore all his campaign promises.

Remember Romney is the guy who <a href="http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56979">ADMIRES HEZBOLLAH </a> for their "charity work".

It’s all part of the McCain campaign’s plan to directly target college-age voters, in an attempt to sway them away from Sen. Obama, says our source.

If this is their plan then it is over and we might as well vote third party because their is no chance the Obamaniac youth will vote for McCain!

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:23:31 PM by Maimonides »
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 09:19:50 PM »
Chaim mentioned that politically Romney is the Best choice... I Agree, even though I supported Huckabee!

Well hopefully Romney will help him win the presidency

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 10:03:08 PM »
Romney, I think, is the most pro-oil candidate out of the republicans.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 10:10:56 PM »
Huckabee came in second place while Romney folded. The vice president should reflect who the people voted for and that is Huckabee.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 10:15:38 PM »
I think Romney is a smart choice.  He has the image and the charismatic appeal that Mccain lacks.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 10:27:44 PM »
I think Romney is a smart choice.  He has the image and the charismatic appeal that Mccain lacks.
I think it might be the right choice. Romney comes across well and he will give the ticket some flare. Huckabee might bring in some of the moral majority but I myself would like to see Romney. People are going to be very uneasy about the economy as we get on into the summer and I think Romney's business and finance background will serve well.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 10:40:10 PM »
True, that's also a good point about his business experience.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 10:41:05 PM »
         If Mitt Romney helps secure the Conservative vote for John McCain and helps McCain raise the necessary funds to combat the Barack Hussein Obama war-chest,     McCain's decision in selecting Romney has a very realistic chance of turning out favorably for the Arizona Senator.  
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 01:02:58 AM »
I'm actually more worried about who Osama will choose as a running mate.
He looks unbeatable. And if he makes the dumb choice of not choosing the lesbian, McCain just may make it.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 07:53:23 AM »
I won't believe it until McCain makes an official selection.

Why does Rush Limbaugh dislike Huckabee? 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 07:55:01 AM »
That is good but aren't some religious groups going to get turned off by Romney's Mormon backround

Shouldn't they be more concerned about OBama's Muslim background?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 07:57:21 AM »
Probably the best choice. Romney was the most solid of McCain's serious opponents. He will suffer from being a Mormon, but Huckabee suffers more, in the eyes of the mainstream, from being an evangelical Christian/pastor (sadly).

If a VP nominee suffers from being a Mormon, then shouldn't a presidential nominee who is a Muslim suffer more.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 08:01:49 AM »
Romney, I think, is the most pro-oil candidate out of the republicans.

I'm not sure.  Anyway, it's McCain who is the presidential nominee. 

Critics of Dick Cheney go crazy about their claims of all the influence he's had as the VP.  Some of that is a myth/exaggeration.  An example in influence that he probably had was in getting Donald Rumsfeld selected as the Defense Secretary.  The next VP will probably have less influence than that. 

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 09:46:59 PM »
Huckabee would just about finish McCain off, Huckabee is a moron with no experience except at shucking corn.  We need someone that can help McCain.
If Huckabee and McCain didn't pull the tricks they did Romney would have got the nomination.
McCain picks Huckabee and I won't vote.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 09:53:25 PM »
Minnesota Governer Tim Pawlenty would be the ideal choice for McCain.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 10:41:14 PM »

AMAZINGGGGGG!!! AS IF the religious sector here in USA has been anything good- lol-- they are the EPITAMY of hypocrisy.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 05:46:34 PM »
Minnesota Governer Tim Pawlenty would be the ideal choice for McCain.
Who?  Who? Who?