Author Topic: AOL: Romney Seen as Top Pick For VP  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
AOL: Romney Seen as Top Pick For VP
« on: June 30, 2008, 10:20:11 PM »
http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/romney-seen-as-a-top-pick-for-mccain/20080630130809990001?icid=100214839x1204709764x1200209911

I think he would be solid. Michigan would help a lot.  The influx of money that Romney would bring in would also help a lot.  McCain could say that Romney would be his economic expert and would get us out of the financial problems we are having. If Romney is on the ticket then if McCain does not win then Romney will be the early heavy favorite to win the 2012 Republican Presidential nomination.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: AOL: Romney Seen as Top Pick For VP
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:23:01 PM »
That would be a good pic but if he picked Huckabee wouldn't that attract evangelicals and other voting groups turned off by Romney Mormon backround

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 10:48:20 PM »
Its life-or-death of John McCain to pick a strong Christian Conservative as VP.  Romney is not.

I suggest Tom Coburn.  A strong Christian Conservative and a strong fiscal Conservative as well.  He's really the best of both worlds.  On the other hand, Huckabee would really get people energized to vote, something desperately needed to fight against Hussein's captivation of the youth.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 01:55:15 AM »
Its life-or-death of John McCain to pick a strong Christian Conservative as VP.  Romney is not.

I suggest Tom Coburn.  A strong Christian Conservative and a strong fiscal Conservative as well.  He's really the best of both worlds.  On the other hand, Huckabee would really get people energized to vote, something desperately needed to fight against Hussein's captivation of the youth.

Tom Coburn sounds like an excellent choice.   

Recently,   I was listening to a "   Take Back America "  program that Chaim and David did back in the Spring of 2006.     When they were discussing how the U.S. Senate was betraying the citizens of this country by supporting Immigration proposals ( that would endanger the U.S. ),     they mentioned that Tom Coburn was the exception,    not the norm.      In essence,   Coburn wasn't selling out the U.S.  like practically every other Senator was planning on doing.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 03:40:29 AM »
Romney is not the best choice possible, but he is a relatively solid pick.

Yes--his Mormonism will turn off some (though I don't think a huge number), but so would Huckabee's evangelical, pastoral background. Huckabee is definitely more associated with religion than Romney is.

Romney might be the best of the big-name options out there.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 04:34:16 AM »

Dick Morris thinks that McCain has to offer the VP position to someone unexpected such as Powell, Rice or Lieberman.  I disagree.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 10:54:46 AM »

Dick Morris thinks that McCain has to offer the VP position to someone unexpected such as Powell, Rice or Lieberman.  I disagree.

He can not select a person with ties to the current administration. That would cause immediate defeat.  A fresh face is much better than a Bush associated one.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 12:56:27 PM »

He can not select a person with ties to the current administration. That would cause immediate defeat.  A fresh face is much better than a Bush associated one.

Exactly.  That's why I'm surprised Morris would mention Rice's name.  I think that's only his personal opinion on the matter though. 

And hasn't Powell's credibility diminished a lot due to the tenure he served as Secretary of State?