Author Topic: Tomato Juice and babaganoosh  (Read 12980 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Re: Tomato Juice and babaganoosh
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
The idea of sweet pickles already doesn't sound right.  Pickles are ment to be brined, combination of salty and sour..

Yes sour pickles are good sliced up for burgers.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2008, 08:14:24 PM »
I like the pickles from Poland O0

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2008, 08:23:40 PM »
Olives that have that salty soury brine taste to them are also good
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2008, 08:29:19 PM »
I often put a load of skinned tomatoes in a blender.

I don't taste much salt.

If I have tomato juice from a carton, I have some bottled water too, and alternate.  This is because otherwise it is too salty.

Dont they add more salt to the juice

Blenders don't, no. It's a spinning blade on a motor.

But people who put the juice in cartons, probably do, which is why when I have the cartoned juice, I have some bottled water along with it.

I know the blenders dont but the juice in the cartons might That is why i bought a juicer

juicer might be more convenient than a blender.. - perhaos not having to peel - though a friend said that throwing them in whole, though it  may separate the skin from the fruit, but still it squeezes the skin so much that you get the rubbish from the skin in your juice.

like making an israeli salad smoothie :P
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2008, 08:30:33 PM »
Dr. Dan, or any other doctors here, do you know what it means if you constantly crave salty foods?

in healthy people it's because the body needs a balance to make the brain happy...in lay terms.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2008, 08:31:38 PM »

only israeli pickles..the little tiny skinny ones..those are delicious..

but i like the pickles that aren't so pickled and are basically kirby cucumbers...mmm mm mm

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2008, 08:38:04 PM »
Also, I've heard that if your blood pressure is low, you don't have to worry about excess sodium in your diet.  Mine is either 90/70 or sometimes 110/70.  Sometimes if I stand up too quickly, I get dizzy. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2008, 08:39:06 PM »
Also, I've heard that if your blood pressure is low, you don't have to worry about excess sodium in your diet.  Mine is either 90/70 or sometimes 110/70.  Sometimes if I stand up too quickly, I get dizzy. 

you have receptors in the body that detect the amount of sodium in the body...if your body feels like it's on low, you crave salty food...

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »
Salty food now this time of year is good to eat, better then sweet, cause when it is hot you lose sodium in your body from sweating.  And salt or salty foods helps to replenish.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2008, 08:41:44 PM »
Usually when out and about for most of the day, and it is very hot like today,  I carry with me individually wrapped saltine crackers they come 2 or so in the wrapping and or gatoraid.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2008, 08:43:13 PM »

only israeli pickles..the little tiny skinny ones..those are delicious..

but i like the pickles that aren't so pickled and are basically kirby cucumbers...mmm mm mm

I like these

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2008, 10:06:33 PM »
What kind of tomato juice does Chaim drink that would be considered healthy?  I have seen V8 type drinks but there is so much sodium in there, it is really bad for you.  Is there a healthy kind?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2008, 12:48:28 AM »
What kind of tomato juice does Chaim drink that would be considered healthy?  I have seen V8 type drinks but there is so much sodium in there, it is really bad for you.  Is there a healthy kind?

V8 makes tomato juice low in sodium
I know V8 make 6 types

V8® 100% Vegetable Juice
Low Sodium
Spicy Hot
High Fiber
Essential Antioxidants
Calcium Enriched

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2008, 12:54:54 AM »

One a day if you have a low sodium diet is fine...i woudl simply say, don't go heavy on the tomato juice each day.

i'm sure there are low sodium tomato juices out there...might not be as tastey...those that would be, would be high in sugar...

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2008, 01:15:27 AM »

One a day if you have a low sodium diet is fine...i woudl simply say, don't go heavy on the tomato juice each day.

i'm sure there are low sodium tomato juices out there...might not be as tastey...those that would be, would be high in sugar...

you keep making it sound like juice from tomatos are high in salt or sodium.  When you say tomato juice.

i'm sure you only mean cartons have this high salt. And tomatos don't , right? if so, then you are misleading.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2008, 08:12:37 AM »

you keep making it sound like juice from tomatos are high in salt or sodium.  When you say tomato juice.

i'm sure you only mean cartons have this high salt. And tomatos don't , right? if so, then you are misleading.

The tomato juice that chaim was drinking most likely had lots of sodium on it..even compared to the one that pheasant should a picture of.

Tomatos alone don't have any sodium...That's like a, "Duh, assumption."  Why do you think I recommended rather than drinking from a carton that people make a tomato cucumber smoothie with some lime or lemon juice and a  little salt and cayanne pepper?

If someone wishes to drink lots of tomato juice from a carton, they need to look at the sodium content before they do so...Almost always the sodium is very high..and I can tell you that if it were really low, it might taste pretty awful..so if one goes for the more delicious one, he shoudl only have one a day and not go crazy thinking if they have 5 they will live a few extra years...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2008, 02:44:30 PM »
I've been eating a yogurt from Kroger called Carb Master. I know Chaim isn't really fond of dairy products, but I think this one is healthy. It has 35% of your daily calcium in one serving (I usually eat two cups, so that's 70% for me), only 80 calories (160 for me when I eat two), and only three grams of sugar (that would be 6 for me).

Most yogurts have less calcium and a lot more sugar. The carb master also has live cultures, which are healthy :)

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2008, 02:45:44 PM »
I've been eating a yogurt from Kroger called Carb Master. I know Chaim isn't really fond of dairy products, but I think this one is healthy. It has 35% of your daily calcium in one serving (I usually eat two cups, so that's 70% for me), only 80 calories (160 for me when I eat two), and only three grams of sugar (that would be 6 for me).

Most yogurts have less calcium and a lot more sugar. The carb master also has live cultures, which are healthy :)

The living yogurt will eat you  :(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2008, 02:47:30 PM »
It's beneficial bacteria, not bad bacteria, so it won't eat me, unless someone puts some of that flesh eating bacteria in there, but I've never heard of that being used to make yogurt, so I'm not too worried.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2008, 02:48:18 PM »

I never liked Yogurt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2008, 02:49:49 PM »

I never liked Yogurt

I don't like mayonnaise and people think that's strange.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »

I never liked Yogurt

I don't like mayonnaise and people think that's strange.

That is not Strange i  never liked it unless with tunafish

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2008, 02:52:25 PM »
I like nearly everything. People think this is strange  ;D

But I never heard from living yogurt before. Perhaps I can make a dressing for salad out of it.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2008, 02:55:15 PM »

But I never heard from living yogurt before. Perhaps I can make a dressing for salad out of it.  :)

The live cultures are what turn it from milk into yogurt, it's good to eat it while they're still alive, because it puts good bacteria in your intestines which helps with your immune system and having a healthy digestive system.

The only way I like mayonnaise is if it's mixed with a lot of mustard in potato salad. I do like potato salad!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2008, 02:56:36 PM »

The live cultures are what turn it from milk into yogurt, it's good to eat it while they're still alive, because it puts good bacteria in your intestines which helps with your immune system and having a healthy digestive system.

The only way I like mayonnaise is if it's mixed with a lot of mustard in potato salad. I do like potato salad!

You put Mustard in potato salad?