Author Topic: U.S. to Israel you are forbidden to attack Iran  (Read 3346 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
U.S. to Israel you are forbidden to attack Iran
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:12:16 AM »
I really don't thing it's a big thing Smolmert the 'peace now' boy would never do it in any event      http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1215330891157&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull 

The US did not give the green light for an Israeli attack on Iran, Prof. Anthony H. Cordesman, a former Pentagon official and currently the top defense analyst at the ABC TV network, said Monday.

Joint Chiefs Chairman Adm. Michael Mullen. [file]
Photo: AP

Slideshow: Pictures of the week Cordesman was speaking during a meeting with Israeli defense analysts held by the Institute of National Security Studies. He said IDF Chief of General Staff Lt.-Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi was notified of the United States' stance regarding Iran by Admiral Michael Mullen, the top uniformed US Army officer, during Mullen's visit here at the end of June.

The US has opted at this point to stick to the diplomatic track in its efforts to keep Iran from going nuclear, and has made clear to Israel that it shouldn't attack Iran without White House approval, Cordesman said.

He added that the current US policy is likely to remain unchanged at least until the next US president is sworn in.

RELATED
'Israel, US wouldn't dare attack Iran'
Israeli officials confirmed that Cordesman's statements indeed reflected the current tone of US policy.

Ashkenazi is slated to visit Washington DC in the coming weeks, and while the purpose of his visit remains classified, defense analysts assume that the Iranian dossier will make up a large part of his itinerary
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: U.S. to Israel you are forbidden to attack Iran
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:22:39 AM »
Oh so now we have the right to dictate to Israel what they can and can't do? yes, this is what it seems......

>:(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 11:51:43 AM »
Oh so now we have the right to dictate to Israel what they can and can't do? yes, this is what it seems......

It does seem that way but i would'nt be suprised if olmert put the U.S up to  saying it.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 11:54:14 AM »
What has the leadership in America lost there mind

Offline Bruicy Kibbutz

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 11:54:38 AM »
lol. While this is going on packistan has already got nukes.
DukeNukem

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 11:58:22 AM »
Really???  :(

It does seem that way but i would'nt be suprised if olmert put the U.S up to  saying it.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 11:59:04 AM »
Yes, pretty much  ;D ;D ;D   :-\

What has the leadership in America lost there mind
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 12:45:57 PM »
Good point. I wouldn't put it past that bastard.