Author Topic: Rabbi Mizrachi in Queens on Wednesday the 9th Juli  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Rabbi Mizrachi in Queens on Wednesday the 9th Juli
« on: July 09, 2008, 04:21:46 PM »

Beth Gavriel Congregation - 66-35 108th Street, Forest Hills 11375

Source: http://www.torahanytime.com/event.php?p=1
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 04:36:17 PM by Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Rabbi Mizrachi in Queens on Wednesday the 9th Juli
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 05:53:08 PM »
were you there?

He wasn't (he doesn't even live anywhere near Queens).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »
Is Pheasant, Jewish? Christian? Noachide?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 05:58:38 PM »

The second choice, I find it ironic that he is spreading Rav Mizrachi Shiurim (for at least the fact that Rav Mizrachi disproves all religions that are not Judaism, and has made fun of you know what).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »

The second choice, I find it ironic that he is spreading Rav Mizrachi Shiurim (for at least the fact that Rav Mizrachi disproves all religions that are not Judaism, and has made fun of you know what).

I don't know what motivates pheasant. But as a general point.
One of the common sense reasons why one shouldn't teach people of other religions Torah, is that they will twist it to suit their own purposes.
For example, messianics learn hebrew at ulpan, and
do you remember that thread somebody started mentioning about missionary activity on jewtube, the missionary that posted the video was learning torah from some liberal rabbi's online "rabbinical training" videos.

Whatever pheasant's motivations.
It is not good for Christians to be inviting jews to listen to Torah lectures.  Whether innocent or not.

And it's bad that people might not even realise that the person that invited them was really a christian.
They may think he is jewish and learn some false doctrine.
It is just wrong

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 06:16:09 PM »
I am also curious about that, I can't imagine Rav Mizrahi would appeal to people of any other religion.

Now please don't attribute sinister motivations to pheasant. What matters who 'invites' you (the correct term should be notifies since he posted the official invitation of TorahAnyTime)?

I don't know what motivates pheasant. But as a general point.
One of the common sense reasons why one shouldn't teach people of other religions Torah, is that they will twist it to suit their own purposes.
For example, messianics learn hebrew at ulpan, and
do you remember that thread somebody started mentioning about missionary activity on jewtube, the missionary that posted the video was learning torah from some liberal rabbi's online "rabbinical training" videos.

Whatever pheasant's motivations.
It is not good for Christians to be inviting jews to listen to Torah lectures.  Whether innocent or not.

And it's bad that people might not even realise that the person that invited them was really a christian.
They may think he is jewish and learn some false doctrine.
It is just wrong

« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 06:20:03 PM by Zelhar »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 06:58:38 PM »
I am also curious about that, I can't imagine Rav Mizrahi would appeal to people of any other religion.

Now please don't attribute sinister motivations to pheasant. What matters who 'invites' you (the correct term should be notifies since he posted the official invitation of TorahAnyTime)?

As I said. I am making a general point that christians should not invite jews to torah lectures. And as I said, I don't know pheasant's motivations.

But, the reason why it is a bad idea.. Incase I wasn't crystal clear already. Is because the general idea of christians inviting jews to torah lectures, could open the door to many issues.
I don't want to rehash the obvious.

Offline Bruicy Kibbutz

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 07:42:07 PM »
Does anyone know if he is for real or not YET! ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 07:44:20 PM by Bruicy Kibbutz »
DukeNukem

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 08:48:52 PM »
Does anyone know if he is for real or not YET! ;D

you should change your avatar back to the picture of the borat lookalike with a bandage round his head

Yosef Mizrachi, 18 years old, died in judea.
HE IS NOT
Rabbi Mizrachi - tzvi's favourite rabbi.
And Rabbi Mizrachi, is not the RAMBAM.

And I don't know what you are getting at saying "they are arabs'. Arabic speaking - RAMBAM, yes.

You must have hit your head with a hammer too many times.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 09:01:16 PM »
I am simply interested in knowledge about Judaism. I learned a lot about this issue from Mizrachi. He can explain things in a simple way. I like his lectures and I like most of his views. Even if he is speaking about Christianity I am not offended. He is from a Jewish point of view right and he is charismatic.

I have seen the promotion there and thought that it is something interesting for you.

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani