Author Topic: I suggest two things be outlawed on the JTF forum for the good of the movt.  (Read 10478 times)

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
I really cannot stand when Chabad is criticized on this forum. Many times people try to cloak their hatred of Lubavitch with the "civilized debate" guise. Their is nothing bad at all that can be said about Chabad. All you have to do is watch videos of the Israeli soldiers going into battle in Lebanon 06'. At the Lebanon border and under rocket fire, Chabad Rabbeim were there giving the soldiers words of encouragement and blessing them. Why dont I see all the litvak yeshivas sending their bochurim to the front lines? I am not even asking for the Rabbeim to go, just the bochurim. Their is no other group that goes above and beyond to help their fellow jews like Chabad does. Any negative talk about Chabad is Loshon Hara and a lie. The JTF forum should not tolerate a single negative post in regards to Lubavitch. I would call for bannings here even if that means loosing a few members. This is a matter of principle.

Another problem that arises from time to time are those that foolishly bash genitles. This has the potential to hurt JTF and drive away righteous gentiles that come here to support us. Their should be a zero tolerance policy in regard to these two issues.

I am not referring to anyone in particular so nobody should get defensive. The point of this thread is not to cause division but unity instead. Lets hope that Chaim becomes PM of Israel which would definitely lead to a better world for all righteous people.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:16:52 AM by DownwithIslam »
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
I really cannot stand when Chabad is criticized on this forum. Many times people try to cloak their hatred of Lubavitch with the "civilized debate" guise. Their is nothing bad at all that can be said about Chabad. All you have to do is watch videos of the Israeli soldiers going into battle in Lebanon 06'. At the Lebanon border and under rocket fire, Chabad Rabbeim were there giving the soldiers words of encouragement and blessing them. Why dont I see all the litvak yeshivas sending their bochurim to the front lines? I am not even asking for the Rabbeim to go, just the bochurim. Their is no other group that goes above and beyond to help their fellow jews like Chabad does. Any negative talk about Chabad is Loshon Hara and a lie. The JTF forum should not tolerate a single negative post in regards to Lubavitch. I would call for bannings here even if that means loosing a few members. This is a matter of principle.

Another problem that arises from time to time are those that foolishly bash genitles. This has the potential to hurt JTF and drive away righteous gentiles that come here to support us. Their should be a zero tolerance policy in regard to these two issues.

I am not referring to anyone in particular so nobody should get defensive. The point of this thread is not to cause division but unity instead. Lets hope that Chaim becomes PM of Israel which would definitely lead to a better world for all righteous people.

you take offence before lulab himself shows any signs of taking offence.  Even when lulab doesn't take offence, you take offence.

your weak subjective criteria are a joke..
and if you applied the same criteria to the RAMBAM , RAMBAN, Rashi, Ibn Ezra, then you would ban all torah discussion. Which is fine for you since you don't participate in any of it. Not positively anyway..

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Sometime people are offended but they won't express it in writing. I am not here to speak for Lubab but I am just pointing that out. I hope Lubab responds to this thread to clarify.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer

you take offence before lulab himself shows any signs of taking offence.  Even when lulab doesn't take offence, you take offence.

your weak subjective criteria are a joke..
and if you applied the same criteria to the RAMBAM , RAMBAN, Rashi, Ibn Ezra, then you would ban all torah discussion. Which is fine for you since you don't participate in any of it. Not positively anyway..

Baruch Hashem that you were blessed with the ruach hakodesh to know what exactly I participate in. What a wonder!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member

DWI, what is your deal?   This is just more putting words into people's mouths and ascribing horrible intentions and emotions on people who don't harbor them.   I don't know how many times I can stress this point that it is not HATRED OF LUBAVITCH to disagree with Chabad messianic theology.   You seem to have serious issues.   It's really getting tiresome.  Your accusations are really getting off the wall here.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer

DWI, what is your deal?   This is just more putting words into people's mouths and ascribing horrible intentions and emotions on people who don't harbor them.   I don't know how many times I can stress this point that it is not HATRED OF LUBAVITCH to disagree with Chabad messianic theology.   You seem to have serious issues.   It's really getting tiresome.  Your accusations are really getting off the wall here.

I clearly said that I was not referring to anyone in particular. I am not sure why you took this personally. No criticism of Lubavitch is acceptable to me.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Why dont I see all the litvak yeshivas sending their bochurim to the front lines? I am not even asking for the Rabbeim to go, just the bochurim.

It seems you have a hatred for litvaks!!

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Why dont I see all the litvak yeshivas sending their bochurim to the front lines? I am not even asking for the Rabbeim to go, just the bochurim.

I have tremendous hatred for people that criticize Lubavitch from the comfort of their air conditioned homes while lubavitcher rabbanim are on the front lines under rocket fire trying to deliver words of chizzuk to Israeli soldiers. This is what Litvak Rosh yehivas do.

• Gold Star JTF Member

I clearly said that I was not referring to anyone in particular. I am not sure why you took this personally. No criticism of Lubavitch is acceptable to me.

DWI, you are playing games.  We are not idiots.  Anyone can put two and two together and understand what you are referring to.   We are big boys on this forum.  We have Torah discussions sometimes.  There will be disagreements.   There never really was much of a problem until you came running in guns-a-blazing  accusing everyone else of hating Lubavitch and loshon hara.   I don't see Lubab having this reaction.  

I also can't for the life of me understand why you continue to pretend that ALL OF LUBAVITCH are messichist.  THEY AREN'T.    

Does that mean I should accuse you of hating non-messichist Lubavitchers, and turning them away from our movement, causing division, etc etc?

• Gold Star JTF Member

I have tremendous hatred for people that criticize Lubavitch from the comfort of their air conditioned homes while lubavitcher rabbanim are on the front lines under rocket fire trying to deliver words of chizzuk to Israeli soldiers. This is what Litvak Rosh yehivas do.

DWI.   If a Rosh Yeshiva you encountered was critical of chabad theology, especially regarding their view of the rebbe, this has nothing to do with great work that Chabad does!   And the Rosh Yeshiva, no matter how great the current chabad leaders are, no matter how many righteous deeds they are doing, that Rosh Yeshiva will never "change his mind" and accept a position he believes untrue, just to 'take it easy' on Chabad.   This is not show-and-tell in first grade class.

The same is true for Chabad.   No matter how righteous or great a non Lubavitch Rosh Yeshiva is, the Chabad is never going to say, well he must be right and we must be wrong then, since he does wonderful things.   He's still going to be Lubavitch.  It doesn't mean he hates litvaks, or vice versa.   ANd it doesn't mean good deeds are condemned.  You seem to confuse the two and take it that any point of contention with anything "chabad" is a blanket condemnation of everything and anything Chabad or even remotely related.

Perhaps the reason you react in this way is because you yourself often take this very approach with other groups!!  And that when you DO criticize one aspect of them, you DO intend to condemn all and everything about them.    As can be evidenced by your statement about litvak roshei yeshiva in this thread....
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 05:12:20 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

• Gold Star JTF Member
DWI, if tomorrow Litvaks suddenly united together in a kahanist movement and did all the things that in your mind would make them righteous, would you then say that they were right all along about chabad's view of the Rebbe?   This is utter insanity.   The two things have nothing to do with one another.   An idea is either true or not true.   Chabad can do great things, it doesn't make their case any better or worse about whether or not the Rebbe ZT"L was moshiach.   

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer

DWI, you are playing games.  We are not idiots.  Anyone can put two and two together and understand what you are referring to.   We are big boys on this forum.  We have Torah discussions sometimes.  There will be disagreements.   There never really was much of a problem until you came running in guns-a-blazing  accusing everyone else of hating Lubavitch and loshon hara.   I don't see Lubab having this reaction.  

I also can't for the life of me understand why you continue to pretend that ALL OF LUBAVITCH are messichist.  THEY AREN'T.    

Does that mean I should accuse you of hating non-messichist Lubavitchers, and turning them away from our movement, causing division, etc etc?

Their was no problem in your eyes as long as you are on the offensive. I have started a thread here stating that certain things should be banned. I am not the one who has the power to implement this. Lets see what Chaim has to say. If he agrees with me that these things should be banned, they will. If he doesn't agree with me, that is fine and I will drop this. I didn't say that anyone in particular should be banned. I said that certain things shouldn't be allowed. And you are not the one to say whether or not Lubab is offended but that is a side issue.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Yes, let's ban straw men.

While we are at it, why don't we also ban, all hatred of Rabbi Kahane, and all hatred of Judaism.

More straw men to ban that no one on this forum supports in the first place.   If Chaim responds "yes" to your ban idea, it really has no bearing on my behavior on this forum.  (nor would it affect qq).   Only if you believe we really were taking your straw man stance....and don't pretend you don't believe that.   Or more precisely, you may not really believe it, but don't pretend that you are not trying to portray us that way.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Yes, let's ban straw men.

While we are at it, why don't we also ban, all hatred of Rabbi Kahane, and all hatred of Judaism.

More straw men to ban that no one on this forum supports in the first place.   If Chaim responds "yes" to your ban idea, it really has no bearing on my behavior on this forum.  (nor would it affect qq).   Only if you believe we really were taking your straw man stance....and don't pretend you don't believe that.   Or more precisely, you may not really believe it, but don't pretend that you are not trying to portray us that way.

Thank you for the idea, that should be banned to. I believe that is already banned anyways though.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I disagree with you, DWI...Everybody is entitled to an opinion and criticism of whomever they want. The only thing I suggest is to do it in a very politically correct manner not to offend anyone and to include the fact that it is just an opinion.

Criticisms are not facts..they are mere opinions and opinions are hardly ever right or wrong..they are simply opinions.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
I disagree with you, DWI...Everybody is entitled to an opinion and criticism of whomever they want. The only thing I suggest is to do it in a very politically correct manner not to offend anyone and to include the fact that it is just an opinion.

Criticisms are not facts..they are mere opinions and opinions are hardly ever right or wrong..they are simply opinions.

I dont mind that you disagree with me Dr. Dan. I do mind that certain people spend far too much time bashing lubavitch on this forum.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Which people

Don't play games.

Quote, and make the case. Or shut up.

Don't keep making the same claim 20 times in a thread.   

If anything should be banned, it's your behaviour, and you're the only person who does it. so put 2 and 2 together.

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
There's something I want to add:
There are some kind of threads I'm concerned about.
I want to give you 2 examples and explain my view:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?PHPSESSID=o7cgeeso0ho3g9be8tjtvhfsk5&topic=23160.0
This one might be funny to some, but it doesn't help us in getting the facts and the message out. What it might do is that it may disturb potential new members and supporters. Since we possibly have more traffic due to Chaims press release and the ads on webpages it doesn't seem a very smart thing to do.
Moreover we all know that JTF often is accused of being racist. Now, what kind of impression will threads like that give to visitors, who possibly don't know much of our movement? Will it boost the claim JTF is racist or the fact that JTF is not racist like Chaim made it clear?

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?PHPSESSID=o7cgeeso0ho3g9be8tjtvhfsk5&topic=23291.0
Again that thread doesn't help us in getting the facts and the message out. What it does is that it gives the impression JTF celebrates the mourning and trouble of other people without having detailed information about the situation. It may well unsettle and disencourage possible new members from joining because of the impression of blind hatred. Since we can expect to have more traffic on the forum this is not a smart thing to do.

This posting is not about attacking MW or IIC on a personal level. It's also not about my personal feelings, for the case some assume I'm bringing it up to feel better.
It is solely about the cause.
In my eyes everything we do on this forum must be measured by one question: Does it further or damage the cause?
What I'm trying to explain has (conceptionally speaking) to to with Pareto optimality. Transfering that to our postings it means that there are two dimensions we can influence with them.
The first one is how well we get our message across, the second dimension is what kind of impression the reader gets. Of course it's only rational to say that both dimensions need to be optimized.
Now if one dimension (getting information across well)  can due to the nature of the topic not be influenced (=optimized) than we should make sure that our posting optimizes at least the remaining dimension (Impression the reader gets).
Although I don't promote censorship this concept also indicates that one should be reluctant towards posts that are not pareto optimal.

I hope I didn't confuse too many but I feel thats a rational way to bring across my thoughts.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?PHPSESSID=o7cgeeso0ho3g9be8tjtvhfsk5&topic=23160.0
This one might be funny to some, but it doesn't help us in getting the facts and the message out. What it might do is that it may disturb potential new members and supporters. Since we possibly have more traffic due to Chaims press release and the ads on webpages it doesn't seem a very smart thing to do.
Moreover we all know that JTF often is accused of being racist. Now, what kind of impression will threads like that give to visitors, who possibly don't know much of our movement? Will it boost the claim JTF is racist or the fact that JTF is not racist like Chaim made it clear?

I agree about this first thread. It makes the movement look like a joke. Photos can say a lot about a movement.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member

I dont mind that you disagree with me Dr. Dan. I do mind that certain people spend far too much time bashing lubavitch on this forum.

Listen..it's one thing to bash..it's another thing to say one disagrees with the Lubovitch point of view.  I say, do it like the way Chaim does it.  For the reason why I respect and trust Chaim, he doesn't go bashing other Jews unless they are certifiably self hating Jews.  However, he usually respectfully disagrees with certain groups and is gracious about it.

So, I agree on the point that it is very wrong to right out attack fellow Jews who are otherwise decent people.  But it's another thing to disagree respectfully with things that are "a matter of heaven".
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
And this is why when DWI tries to ravage threads with dozens of posts claiming that I am bashing lubavitch.

(And when there is no torah being immediately discussed, Else I would call on him to be ignored)

I say. Either quote me or shut up. And he does neither, he merely continues his rhetoric.

So go on DWI. You would continue posting your garbage if I posted as I have.

You clearly think it is unacceptable.

QUOTE ME. Here. Show what you think is unacceptable. What are you afraid of?

Or do you prefer scattering your rhetoric in dozens of posts, in some kind of attempt to sabotage many torah discussions.

I repeat. Quote me here. IF you are serious. OR shut up for good.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?PHPSESSID=o7cgeeso0ho3g9be8tjtvhfsk5&topic=23291.0
Again that thread doesn't help us in getting the facts and the message out. What it does is that it gives the impression JTF celebrates the mourning and trouble of other people without having detailed information about the situation. It may well unsettle and disencourage possible new members from joining because of the impression of blind hatred. Since we can expect to have more traffic on the forum this is not a smart thing to do.

This posting is not about attacking MW or IIC on a personal level. It's also not about my personal feelings, for the case some assume I'm bringing it up to feel better.
It is solely about the cause.
In my eyes everything we do on this forum must be measured by one question: Does it further or damage the cause?
What I'm trying to explain has (conceptionally speaking) to to with Pareto optimality. Transfering that to our postings it means that there are two dimensions we can influence with them.
The first one is how well we get our message across, the second dimension is what kind of impression the reader gets. Of course it's only rational to say that both dimensions need to be optimized.
Now if one dimension (getting information across well)  can due to the nature of the topic not be influenced (=optimized) than we should make sure that our posting optimizes at least the remaining dimension (Impression the reader gets).
Although I don't promote censorship this concept also indicates that one should be reluctant towards posts that are not pareto optimal.

I hope I didn't confuse too many but I feel thats a rational way to bring across my thoughts.

I agree, althrough I am guilty of posting something like that too.  :-[
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
And this is why when DWI tries to ravage threads with dozens of posts claiming that I am bashing lubavitch.

(And when there is no torah being immediately discussed, Else I would call on him to be ignored)

I say. Either quote me or shut up. And he does neither, he merely continues his rhetoric.

Or do you prefer scattering your rhetoric in dozens of posts, in some kind of attempt to sabotage many torah discussions.

Goylem, I dont have to quote you. Anyone can go through your post history and see that every post of yours is a subtle attack on Lubavitch. You don't outright say "I hate Lubavitch," you do it with what you call "Torah arguments." I wont waste time going through your posts nor will I shut up. You are a very arrogant man,

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer

Goylem, I dont have to quote you. Anyone can go through your post history and see that every post of yours is a subtle attack on Lubavitch. You don't outright say "I hate Lubavitch," you do it with what you call "Torah arguments." I wont waste time going through your posts nor will I shut up. You are a very arrogant man,

But don't play games by trying to ruin other threads. Because YOU don't have the power to remove other peoples' posts.

You think the posts should be outlawed. Banned

So. Report them to moderators.

But don't do your own "moderation" by posting dozens of claims, claims which you admit that you have no intention to back up, and saying that the posts should be outlawed.  You are clearly trying to push your agenda onto JTF.

And trying to ruin those areas of the JTF forum where you disagree.

You are no better than any other baffoon that thinks he can run JTF better than it is currently run. So go start your own little forum with 3 members, like another idiot.

At least they have the decency not to continue to harass the JTF forum by ruining any threads that they had an issue with. Which is essentially what you are doing by posting dozens of claims, which by refusing to back them up with quotes and give them any serious consideration, you are allowing yourself to repost the same garbage over and over again, in some kind of personal protest.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 02:14:37 PM by q_q_ »

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
May hashem give you enough wisdom to realize that Lubavitchers are wonderful people and that they do not deserve to be constantly criticized and attacked.