Author Topic: risking banning to publish the truth...  (Read 4331 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: risking banning to publish the truth...
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 12:32:43 PM »
C.F,

Noachides follow only 7 rules, not the 613 mitzvahs of the Torah.

FROM JEWFAQ.ORG:

According to traditional Judaism, G-d gave Noah and his family seven commandments to observe when he saved them from the flood. These commandments, referred to as the Noahic or Noahide commandments, are inferred from Genesis Ch. 9, and are as follows: 1) to establish courts of justice; 2) not to commit blasphemy; 3) not to commit idolatry; 4) not to commit incest and adultery; 5) not to commit bloodshed; 6) not to commit robbery; and 7) not to eat flesh cut from a living animal. These commandments are fairly simple and straightforward, and most of them are recognized by most of the world as sound moral principles. Any non-Jew who follows these laws has a place in the world to come.

See http://www.jewfaq.org/gentiles.htm#Noah

Shalom! :)
muman613

PS: No conversion is necessary. All a gentile needs to do is follow the seven laws and you are a noachide.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:35:22 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 12:34:32 PM »
Chaim himself has said that being a Noahide is the ideal state for a Gentile according to Judaism. I think us non-Noahides here understand the Jewish position on that kind of thing. Yet, we want to help anyway. When Hashem's Witness missionaries come to my door, I gently turn them away, because I'm not interested in their religion. I know enough about it to know it's not what I want to follow. The same thing applies to Noahidism. I know what it is, and I'm not interested in following it. I'm content with the religion of my choice. I know that Judaism does say you should encourage Gentiles to be Noahides, but if it goes beyond encouragement into shoving it down people's throats, then many people may become annoyed and not want to help as much as they did before.
Good responses Rubystars, and that (the above) is one of the things that I love about Chaim. He is able to get his points across and accurately state what Judaism believes on tough topics without any hesitation, and still do it in a friendly way. But this is a genuinely interesting topic. Strictly speaking, wouldn't a devout Christian also be a Noahide by default, if you use the strict definition (somebody who goes by the Seven Laws of Noah)? Also, what is the difference between being a Noahide and actually converting to Judaism? Don't Noahides practice some of Torah, albeit in a less formal way?

Some of the meat that we eat from regular slaughterhouses might be killed in such a way that's very inhumane, which might violate one of the rules. I would hope that the vast majority of the time that the animals die quickly and with little pain in regular slaughterhouses, but of course videos from the worst of the worst have come out to show that isn't always the case. Also most Jews I've spoken to (not all) have stated that they believed that worshipping Jesus constitutes a form of idol worship. Even though Christians believe that Jesus is Divine, it is still considered by some to be idol worship because we are worshipping a person whom they do not recognize as having any Divine identity. This never offended me at all, by the way. I recognize and respect religious differences.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »
Idol worship is the biggest sin in Judaism. This is the major reason Jews reject the supposed messiah {we know he is not messiah}.

Read the 2nd statement of the 10 statements:

2) Though shall have no other G-d before me, make no graven images

It corresponds to the 7th statement on the 2nd tablet which reads:

7) Though shall not commit Adultery

This is because Hashem equates making idols to adultery.

muman613
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:38:58 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 12:40:11 PM »
Also most Jews I've spoken to (not all) have stated that they believed that worshipping Jesus constitutes a form of idol worship.
I really don't believe that most believe that though. Most Jews simply believe Jesus is not the Jewish Messiah.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 12:43:21 PM »
Another point I'd like to bring up, is that JTF seems to be on the side of Hindus agains the Pakistanis, and they have temples with idols in them. Also many JTF members have expressed support for Buddhists that are being slaughtered by Muslims. They also worship idols and make offerings to those idols.

I would never follow Hinduism or Buddhism. One time I had to check out a guy when I worked at Target who was buying a Buddha statue and it upset me to have to sell that to him. I almost asked if someone else could do it, but I just prayed that G-d would forgive me and not consider me to be an "idol seller", since I wasn't actually the one selling it, it was the store. I picked it up with a cloth so I wouldn't have to touch it. That's how strongly I felt about that kind of thing myself.

I would, however, be friends with people of those religions and respect their religious choices if they chose not to follow mine.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:44:53 PM by Rubystars »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 12:44:08 PM »
Also most Jews I've spoken to (not all) have stated that they believed that worshipping Jesus constitutes a form of idol worship.
I really don't believe that most believe that though. Most Jews simply believe Jesus is not the Jewish Messiah.

I can only speak from experience. I don't know what most believe, only what most I've spoken to about it believe.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 12:46:55 PM »
Nik, can you advise me if the Catholics have the Ark hidden away in basement under the Vatican?

They do... its hidden with the crustal skulls and the holy grail.

Along with the coconuts that the European and African Swallows carried...and the answer to the velocity of their wings flapping to carry it together...

Be careful of the rabbit that guards the inner-sanctum.  He's the real Pope!

South Park is a hilarious show :)

Hail the Queen Spider!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2008, 12:48:32 PM »
Hi Rubystar,

I work at an office with people from all around the world. I work with a buddhist who has a bunch of little buddha idols on his desk. It bothers me sometimes but I dont say anything about it. I have a large Hebrew Luach {Calender} on my wall. I dont hate anyone based on their religion. My best friend at work was an Indian Hindu {although he didnt know much WWII history}.

C.F, I think it is pretty clear according to Jewish Halacha that Christianity is a form of idol worship. Look it up...

muman613

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2008, 12:55:41 PM »
C.F, I think it is pretty clear according to Jewish Halacha that Christianity is a form of idol worship. Look it up...

muman613

These types of posts, and online conversations are not suitable for this forum.  For the purpose of this movement, we need to focus more on areas where we agree, than our differences. 

Therefore, I am locking this thread.