Author Topic: "Vast Majority" of Israelis Support Kuntar Release--How Sick Can A Nation Be?  (Read 9210 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Has there ever been a nation in the history of the world as disgustingly self-hating as Israel, or a religion so horribly abused and twisted in its modern practice as Judaism?  ::) >:(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080715/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_lebanon

Quote from: Yahoo News
Israel Cabinet OKs prisoner swap with Hezbollah
By AMY TEIBEL, Associated Press Writer
Tue Jul 15, 8:56 AM ET

JERUSALEM - Israel's Cabinet on Tuesday overwhelmingly approved an emotionally charged deal to trade a Lebanese militant convicted of killing three people for two Israeli soldiers captured by Hezbollah guerrillas and believed to be dead.

The swap is due to take place on Wednesday under U.N. supervision at a seaside border crossing.

Hezbollah has given no evidence that Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev are alive, and has not allowed the Red Cross to see them since they were captured in a July 2006 cross-border raid. Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told his Cabinet last month that Israel believes the men did not survive.

The deal, approved in a 22-3 vote, reflects the country's commitment to its soldiers that they will never be left behind in the field. It also will close a painful chapter from Israel's inconclusive war against Hezbollah, which was sparked by the soldiers' capture.

Zvi Regev, Eldad's father, said he was holding out hope his son might still be alive.

"I really hope this nightmare will end tomorrow," he told Israel Radio. "We will accept whatever will be. We need to be strong and accept it for better or for worse."

Critics have said that by trading bodies for prisoners, Israel is giving militants little incentive to keep captured soldiers alive. And although polls suggest a large majority of Israelis support the exchange, many Israelis were anguished at the prospect that Samir Kantar would go free.

Kantar is serving multiple life terms for the 1979 killing of an Israeli policeman, a civilian and his 4-year-old daughter. Israel says Kantar, who was 16 at the time, brutally beat the girl to death by bashing her head with a rifle. He denies this, saying the girl was killed in the crossfire.

The child's terrified mother accidentally smothered her 2-year-old daughter in a desperate effort to keep her from crying out while they hid in a crawl space in their apartment.

On Tuesday evening, Israeli President Shimon Peres is expected to sign a document pardoning Kantar.

"It's not a happy choice," Peres said before the Cabinet vote. "On one hand, we have the most terrible murderer. On the other hand, we have our commitment to our boys who were sent to fight for their country. It is our moral duty and our heartfelt wish to see them come back."

Cabinet Minister Isaac Herzog, who voted with the majority, called the decision to swap Kantar "a tormenting one."

"Clearly we opted for a resolution that fulfills our prime rule since the creation of the state of Israel, and this is to bring back our sons home, despite the toll," he told The Associated Press.

Construction Minister Zeev Boim was one of the three Cabinet members to oppose the deal. He said he was afraid the swap would make it harder for Israel to win the release of a third Israeli soldier, held by Gaza militants and believed to be alive.

Palestinian gunmen affiliated with Gaza's ruling Hamas group seized Sgt. Gilad Schalit three weeks before Hezbollah captured the two soldiers from Israel's northern border.

"No one should be surprised if Hamas will now raise the price for freeing him," Boim said. "There is some basis to assessments that there is no need to keep Israeli soldiers alive in captivity because Israel will pay a high price even for bodies."

This would not be the first time that Israel has paid a high price to return its troops. One lopsided deal that came under especially harsh criticism traded three captured soldiers for 1,150 Lebanese and Palestinian prisoners in 1985. Some of these freed prisoners played important roles in a Palestinian uprising against Israel that began two years later. Other deals have included live prisoners for dead Israelis.

A U.N.-appointed German official mediated the latest agreement, which the Cabinet tentatively approved June 29.

Final authorization was put off until Israel received a report from Hezbollah on what happened to an Israeli airman who disappeared in Lebanon 22 years ago. On Monday, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert accused Hezbollah of having submitted an "absolutely unsatisfactory" report, but government officials had said earlier that the report would not be a deal-breaker.

Over the weekend, Hezbollah transferred photographs, diary excerpts and an 80-page report that claimed Arad died but did not give a full account of his fate. Arad, then 28, parachuted out of his malfunctioning fighter jet on a mission over Lebanon in October 1986. A Lebanese militant group captured him, but reports that he was later transferred to Hezbollah and then to Iran have never been confirmed.

In addition to handing over Kantar, Israel also has agreed to release four other Lebanese prisoners and the bodies of 199 Lebanese and Palestinian fighters killed in clashes over the years.

The Lebanese prisoners will not be handed over until the soldiers are positively identified, either at the crossing or in Jerusalem, if DNA testing is deemed necessary.

Red Cross officials met with Kantar and the other Lebanese prisoners on Tuesday, and received their approval to return home.

Are there any words left to describe how perverse this country is?

Let's cut the BS. This is not the fault of big-level traitors like Olmert and Sharon. This is the fault of the sick and twisted soccer moms of Tel Aviv who want nothing more than to strike it rich, retire early and forget about being Jewish forever and the "religious" fathers of Jerusalem who believe that a "Jewish burial" is more important than adhering to the most basic and obvious standards of criminal justice alike.

I have nothing left to say. I am in utter shock and disgust.
 >:(
Chaimfan
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:50:45 PM by C.F. »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
C.F.,

I am sorry for this situation. It is very sad indeed. We have lost a lot of our people to the trappings of Western civilization. I dont know how to reverse the situation. There is a faithful and strong minority who are keeping the commandments. There is strong Judaism and unfortunately the majority of our people may be gone.

If you read our Holy Torah and look at the story of Exodus it reveals a scary fact. Only 1/5 of the Jews in Egypt actually made it out. Four Fifths were left and many lost in the plague of darkness. I feel that the story of Exodus is a prototype of the Jewish redemption {not my idea, heard from a rabbi}. We are losing a lot of souls, but the souls we gain are strong and full of Faith and Trust {EMMUNA}.

It is hard to read Israeli Newspapers without crying to our father in heaven. It is like another weight which rests on my shoulders when I wake up in the morning.

If it were only my fault then I could apologize for it. I feel so sorry about the lack of faith of the majority of Israelis.

muman613
:(

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
If you read our Holy Torah and look at the story of Exodus it reveals a scary fact. Only 1/5 of the Jews in Egypt actually made it out. Four Fifths were left and many lost in the plague of darkness.
That is an excellent observation. I haven't read the Book of Exodus in a long time and it sounds like it would do me well to get back to it.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
This is a disaster. Unstead of releasing a murderer, they should be bombing the hell out of hezbollah to get the soldiers back. Kuntar shouldn't even be alive anymore.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
This is a disaster. Unstead of releasing a murderer, they should be bombing the hell out of hezbollah to get the soldiers back. Kuntar shouldn't even be alive anymore.
True   

Four Fifths were left
  Many went to greece instead of Israel
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Has there ever been a nation in the history of the world as disgusting as Israel, or a religion as self-hating as Judaism?  ::) >:(

( I know no personal attacks, so ill pretend that im nice to him)

How the F could him or anyone else openly call Judaism, as self-hating, and why is it tolerated. Notice no one has said a word about his or other religions (because it if forum policy, not that their isn't much to be said). But this sentiment now openly reveals a lot of his true feelings.

And as any nation being digusting- YES every other nation is much more disgusting then the Jews. The Jewish nation is the best nation in the world, it has its own problems (that they should within themselves take care of), but Jews are like angels compared to any other nation. (And G-d says their is no comparison between Jews and other nations of the World in Tannach- even without any commentaries).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 04:36:33 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Kuntar shouldn't even be alive anymore.
Most Israelis do not believe in the death penalty.  ::)

The two-thirds of Israelis who support this butcher should go live in Lebanon, permanently, and see how much they'll be able to climb the ladder of success and retire early there.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 04:42:23 PM by C.F. »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
How the F could him or anyone else openly call Judaism, as self-hating, and why is it tolerated. Notice no one has said a word about his or other religions (because it if forum policy, not that their isn't much to be said). But this sentiment now openly reveals a lot of his true feelings.
Obviously some people have never looked up "context" in the dictionary.  ::)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Obviously some people have never looked up "context" in the dictionary.  ::)

So if I say "xtianity is the most evil, vile religion in the world, that only a complete moron would follow, and yeshu was a 30 year old homo who couldn't even save himself " (Im only bringing as an example of what someone could say)  Would it be appropriate, and would you tolerate it under any context  ???   
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Hello,

Tzvi, I took a little offense at the way he presented this. But truely I do feel like we are doomed unless we get the Jews of Israel to wake up and see the reality of the situation. I have a secular Israeli friend and I like him, but it pains me that he has given up his birthright.

C.F I think I know what you are saying and I dont think you meant this as denigration. I have said things about the Israeli government which sounds similar. But if you are not born of Jewish parents and havent converted I can see that some may take offense at what you are saying.

Shalom,
muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
So if I say "xtianity is the most evil, vile religion in the world, that only a complete moron would follow, and yeshu was a 30 year old homo who couldn't even save himself " (Im only bringing as an example of what someone could say)  Would it be appropriate, and would you tolerate it under any context  ???   
No comment.  ::)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer

But if you are not born of Jewish parents and havent converted I can see that some may take offense at what you are saying.

Even if someone is born Jewish, I still would not stay quiet at someone saying something deragatory agains't Judaism. And your right about also talking about Jews in that type of way also (of which he has no right, because who is he to give rebuke to Jews?)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Very good Tzvi...

BTW, I love that torahanytime.com site...

muman613

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
C.F is wrong in his analysis for the motivation behind this shameful deal. The Israeli public is being emotionally abused by the media. There is neverending propaganda to 'bring back our children' disregarding the fact the are dead. There is no voice who try to speak reason in this matter. If someone dares say the are dead he is eaten alive by the media.

Public opinion is never very rational nor wise. It is manipulated by evil people.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Zelhar, it does not matter why most Israelis support this. Who cares if the motivation is "bring back the children?"? Israelis are adult human beings with the same faculties and capacity for reason that G-d gave all of mankind. Even if this is a purely emotional reaction on the part of Israel, it is still evil. There is no justification for tolerating such a gross miscarriage of justice.

To say that Israelis were "emotionally abused" into making this decision is akin to arguing that Ari was a victim of Tina Greco because she messed with his head sexually. It doesn't matter what kind of pressure is applied to people who make wicked decisions. Evil choices are evil choices.

Offline Bruicy Kibbutz

• Full JTFer
Tomorrow the arabs die correct?
DukeNukem

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Yeah, right.  >:(

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
Are there any words left to describe how perverse this country is?

Let's cut the BS. This is not the fault of big-level traitors like Olmert and Sharon. This is the fault of the sick and twisted soccer moms of Tel Aviv who want nothing more than to strike it rich, retire early and forget about being Jewish forever and the "religious" fathers of Jerusalem who believe that a "Jewish burial" is more important than adhering to the most basic and obvious standards of criminal justice alike.

I have nothing left to say. I am in utter shock and disgust.
 >:(
Chaimfan

100% Agree with CF - this is a complete BS to blame Olmert and the ilk - Jews are themselves to blame. However, I don't trust, one iota, this so called "poll" It was cooked up and fabricated.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Tsvi, from what I know of Chaimfan, I think he is just expressing his outrage that Israelis would allow the release of a vicious murderer in exchange for some bones, which might not even belong to the dead soldiers.  You might not like how it was written, but I think he's basically saying that Jews in Israel need to have more self respect, rather than trying to make deals with Arabs. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Lisa, I edited my first post for the sake of clarity. I think it is a little clearer now. Israel today is a sickeningly self-loathing nation, and Judaism has been hijacked by the G-d-hating left. Most Judaism that is practiced today is Deformed, Conservative, or pseudo-Orthodox and very left-wing and terrorist-coddling. Obviously not all Israelis are self-haters, but the majority are.

Offline muslimslayer0075995

• Senior JTFer
  • the death of islam will benifit the world
    • zionist republic
this is truly sick, i cant believe it
islam isnt relgion its perpetuated hatred of the infidels

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
Tsvi, from what I know of Chaimfan, I think he is just expressing his outrage that Israelis would allow the release of a vicious murderer in exchange for some bones, which might not even belong to the dead soldiers.  You might not like how it was written, but I think he's basically saying that Jews in Israel need to have more self respect, rather than trying to make deals with Arabs. 

So what?   What does this post, this article, this entire subject have to do with JUDAISM?!?   Who in the hell do you think you are cf to call Judaism "self-hating?"  

And then CF you have the nerve to complain to Tzvi that he isn't considering context.   CF, YOU are the one not considering context.   You present some faulty poll result from skewed ynet and act like every Jew believes a muderer should be set free, when that wasn't the question asked.   We have discussed this misleading poll again and again but you refuse to accept that 1. it asked a misleading question and 2.  it ran on the presumption that the israeli soldiers were still alive, which impacted the results.    And 3.  If Israelis were presented with the facts and not bombarded on a daily basis with self-hating rot and capitulation cinema in the news, they would choose more wisely even despite the emotional provocation of the poll which appeals to conscience about freeing captives.

If you are told again and again and again that there is no other way, this is the only option, there is no choice or alternative, etc etc, at some point you take that for granted.  Probably many of the 600 polled by the "center for peace research" had reached this point already.  And they were asked if it will help free the soldiers, should we release lebanese prisoners.  

How much money do you want to bet that when this yahoo.com article says "polls show majority of Israelis support the prisoner exchange" that they are either a. lying and distorting, business as usual or b. referring to the ynet poll of 600 people.  600!  And one that didn't tell us the margin of error and refused to disclose any more information about the sample other than a "representing various sectors."  As I have also said before, they could have conducted these polls in the heart of tel aviv for all we know.  Any polling agency that named itself with the word Shalom in it, I wouldn't trust.   And this sentence from that article was very telling:  "The data, said the Steinmetz Center is vastly different than that of last month, when of 46% of those polled opposed the deal and only 38% favored it. "   Why the big change in one month?  Could it be the small sample size combined with the media propaganda campaign, combined with a leftist sampling used by the pollsters to distort the results?   I never put too much stock in polls, but especially not in a case like this.   You seem to put all your stock in ynet and the Israeli "center for peace research" as honest and forthright without any agenda or bias.

And in the very same sentence this yahoo article reveals that most Israelis are anguished that Kuntar will be released.  Why don't they present a stat related to this?  How bout a poll?  They wouldn't dare take one.   And what % of the population knows what Kuntar did and who he really is?   The fact that they call it a "prisoner exchange" is again a distortion of language - the media's expertise.  

CF, you seem to have an obsession over badmouthing and bashing Israeli Jews.  It's one thing to sling mud at meeretz scum and olmert.   It's quite another to assume (and constantly belabor) that every average Israeli on the street is deep down, just like the wimp traitorous meretz and piss now scum.   This couldn't be more untrue, for one thing, and secondly, if it was true, then OUR MOVEMENT WOULD HAVE NO CHANCE OF EVER SUCCEEDING.    It is precisely because the opposite is true, that deep down most of the Israeli Jews are proud Jews at heart, good people, and WOULD make the right decisions if they are told the truth, and are NOT self-hating...... This is why our message appeals to the Israeli youth, why this movement can succeed, and why Rabbi Kahane ever had the amount of support he had.   You should consider this.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
It is also important to consider that once the "agreement" is already a foregone conclusion (the govt pretty much announced this was getting done, a while ago), this will influence the question of "do you support such-and-such"       

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Dude, dude, dude. Chill out. I realized that my wording was poor and I edited it. Are you now going to disagree that most of Judaism has been hijacked by the left?

As for the body of your argument, we addressed this many, many times. The poll on Ynet never said "live soldiers" in it. It said "kidnapped soldiers". We went around and around and around this on many instances. No, the poll did not explicitly say "bodies", but it was taken when Olmert announced this deal and that the soldiers were probably dead. Why would a poll about a real-life news item assume an alternate version of what happened? If you disagree with the poll's results, wording, or motives, send Ynet an email--don't get mad at me for reporting it, verbatim, with the link.

As for the Yahoo item today, obviously the Israeli public is not "anguished" enough to stop it. This is irrelevant in any case. It doesn't matter whether they are supporting this deal with glee, or because they think it is necessary. That they are tolerating it, for any reason, is wrong, and must be condemned severely by the Kahanists.

KWRBT, we won't get anywhere by pretending that we don't have any work ahead cut out for us. Chaim is making progress by the day with Israel's youth, and public opinion today is far more tolerant of Kahanism today than it was just two years ago, but most Israelis still are self-hating. If you honestly do not believe that, and feel that all Israeli Jews are rightists who are just jumping at the chance to vote for a Kahanist prime minister this instant, then why spend any time at all trying to make us a mass movement?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:17:18 PM by C.F. »

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
The release of Kuntar is one of the darkest moments in Israeli history.

The Jewish state and the Jewish people will pay dearly for this travesty.

May Hashem have mercy on those that don't support this suicidal act of insanity. And although it's painful to say this about fellow Jews, those that do support his release will get what they deserve, and won't warrant any sympathy when the worst happens.