Author Topic: U.S. reverses course - Bush wants negotiations with Iran  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
U.S. reverses course - Bush wants negotiations with Iran
« on: July 16, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »
Front page on CNN today...

U.S. reverses course, will send envoy to Iran talks
The Bush administration has decided to break with previous policy by sending one of its most senior diplomats to engage Iran's top nuclear official, the White House announced Wednesday. The move could dramatically alter the three-decade standoff between the United States and Iran.
full story
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: U.S. reverses course - Bush wants negotiations with Iran
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 09:46:23 PM »
This is why I said Israel cannot rely on US to attack Iran. Israel must do this alone and I have faith that she can.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 10:05:50 PM »
The article more or less reports what was said today. The representative will not be having direct talks or taking an active roll in the proceedings. I honestly can't see the harm in his presence. If by some chance something could be worked out it would be far better then having Israel go through the turmoil that would come about after a strike on the facility. The U.S more than likely would not attempt a strike on the facility at this point with elections being so close. The article does state that the basic principals for any deeper talks between the U.S and Iran would only happen after Iran's program is halted.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 10:16:42 PM »
this is bec. war w/iran has been a sham all along... the slime have been colluding with the a-holeatollahs for going on 30 years now... check out hirhome.com om it and you will understand just how truly sick this is and just how cynically twisted all the news the media brings you actually is... nik.
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 07:14:44 AM »
You have to understand:  Bush wants to stop TERRORISTS and those who sponsor them!

This is why, in his sage wisdom, he is going to find out how many concessions the U.S. must give the Mullahs of Iran, and how much in foreign aid, nuclear technology, state-of-the-art weaponry, and training, he must give Iran's Revolutionary Guard, in order that Iran promise not to attack America!

Anyone who disagrees with me, or sees it differently, is a liar and conspiracy theorist, because we're in a War Against Terror!

Even if it appears obvious that Bush is acting as a turncoat and traitor, it is not true.

Our President is blessed with such superior mental faculties. that he is capable of defeating the Terrorist Enemy even while convincing everyone in the world that he is surrendering to them!

This!...is the SIGN OF GREAT LEADERSHIP!

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 10:07:15 AM »
You have to understand:  Bush wants to stop TERRORISTS and those who sponsor them!

This is why, in his sage wisdom, he is going to find out how many concessions the U.S. must give the Mullahs of Iran, and how much in foreign aid, nuclear technology, state-of-the-art weaponry, and training, he must give Iran's Revolutionary Guard, in order that Iran promise not to attack America!

Anyone who disagrees with me, or sees it differently, is a liar and conspiracy theorist, because we're in a War Against Terror!

Even if it appears obvious that Bush is acting as a turncoat and traitor, it is not true.

Our President is blessed with such superior mental faculties. that he is capable of defeating the Terrorist Enemy even while convincing everyone in the world that he is surrendering to them!

This!...is the SIGN OF GREAT LEADERSHIP!

Ohh, I get it you are being cynical. Scared me there for a minute, I thought you might have softened.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 01:59:30 PM »
Iran is going. There is no fun in talking with it.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 03:01:30 PM »
Take them out, what is with these "diplomacy nonsense" with these Muslim barbarians. Bombard them till there is no more Iran on the map.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
  • "I support the troops" is never followed by "but"
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 05:24:11 PM »
This is why I said Israel cannot rely on US to attack Iran. Israel must do this alone and I have faith that she can.

Yes, and soon.

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
  • "I support the troops" is never followed by "but"
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 05:28:43 PM »
The article more or less reports what was said today. The representative will not be having direct talks or taking an active roll in the proceedings. I honestly can't see the harm in his presence. If by some chance something could be worked out it would be far better then having Israel go through the turmoil that would come about after a strike on the facility. The U.S more than likely would not attempt a strike on the facility at this point with elections being so close. The article does state that the basic principals for any deeper talks between the U.S and Iran would only happen after Iran's program is halted.

I disagree that israel would suffer from attacking Iran's nuke facilities. I think Iran is a lot of hot air.
Iraq did nothing when Israel took out their reactor. Syria also did nothing. Nobody did anything and
the Arab world did not go ballistic. None of the Iran's neighbors want Iran to go nuclear, especially
the Saudis. They will not retaliate on Israel. Behind closed doors they will thank them.