Author Topic: If anyone has some free time  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Ralph1

• Full JTFer
If anyone has some free time
« on: July 17, 2008, 07:48:49 PM »
I think I know the answer to these questions but I'm not sure. I say the first one is choice 5 and the second is choice 3.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: If anyone has some free time
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 07:54:40 PM »
I say 3 and 1

Offline WALK STRONG

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 07:57:04 PM »
The first: 2
The second: 4

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 08:27:53 PM »
I don't really like these pattern things, because different shapes could be chosen for different reasons, but only one of them is supposed to be the "right" answer.

I like the folding paper puzzles better, where you try to figure out which shapes are the same folded or unfolded, you have to twist and turn the objects mentally. I haven't seen one of those tests in a while.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 09:06:37 AM »
5, 4

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 07:15:01 AM »
I reckon 5 for the first 1 for the seond. What are the correct answers?

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 09:00:39 AM »
The first: 2
The second: 4

I have this idea too for the first pattern. I think the colour of the inner quadrat is not import.

I think you have to count the numbers of little black quadrats of any square. After that you write the number in the squares.

If you count the outer squares you will get 3

So actually it can only be the number 2  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 09:21:54 AM »
I think 1
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 10:28:31 AM »
In Ex.1, When the square in column 2 is painted blue then the black square from column 1 of the same row us subtracted and the result is in column 3. If both two rows are painted then the number of little black squares is added. hence the answer is 5 in my opinion.

Ex.3 is hard. Examine each of the rows: straight lines appear in 2 out of 3 columns for each row. circular arcs (which are not full circle) appear in 1 out of 3 columns per row. Therefore I think the correct answer is 1

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 11:14:45 AM »
In Ex.1, When the square in column 2 is painted blue then the black square from column 1 of the same row us subtracted and the result is in column 3. If both two rows are painted then the number of little black squares is added. hence the answer is 5 in my opinion.

Ex.3 is hard. Examine each of the rows: straight lines appear in 2 out of 3 columns for each row. circular arcs (which are not full circle) appear in 1 out of 3 columns per row. Therefore I think the correct answer is 1

Yes, but my pattern works vertical too.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 12:12:30 PM »
I have this idea too for the first pattern. I think the colour of the inner quadrat is not import.

I think you have to count the numbers of little black quadrats of any square. After that you write the number in the squares.

If you count the outer squares you will get 3

So actually it can only be the number 2  :)
In your pattern you didn't use all the squares. You didn't use column 2 row 1 and column 2 row 3. Here's what I think: On column 1 the first 2 rows and on column 2 the first row have inside blocks that add up to the three outside blocks on column 2 row 2. 1+1+1 = 3. On column 3 row 1 the 2 inside blocks correspond to the two outside blocks of column 3 row 2. On column 1 row three the 2 inside blocks correspond to the two outside blocks of column 2 row 3. The pattern is every single inside block has corresponded to an outside one. So there are no inside blocks left. The answer is therefore the square with no inside or outside blocks, choice 5.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 01:40:53 PM by Ralph2 »

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »
I reckon 5 for the first 1 for the seond. What are the correct answers?
The correct answers aren't available.