Author Topic: Why Aren't More Jews in the Military?  (Read 25733 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Why Aren't More Jews in the Military?
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 02:13:59 PM »
I think Jews should only serve in a Jewish army, they shouldn't get involved in goyim's wars unless it is for the defrense and well being of the Jews (i.e ww1 - Jews shouldn't have get involved, ww2- they should have fought in allied armies against the Nazis).

Jews may live in America, but their motherland is Israel.

It that's how you feel, you should move there and give up your American citizenship.

American Jews proudly served in WWII and did fight the Nazis. With whom do you think they should have fought in WWII?

When someone asks you your nationality, do you answer American or Israeli?

I am an Israeli, and have always lived in Israel. However I believe that every Jew should be loyal to Israel first, to his country of residence second. If America goes to war with Israel, which side would you take? I have stated in my previous post that Jews should have fought in allied armies against the Nazis in WWII, since it was obviously in the best interest of the Jews. Jews shouldn't have fought in WWI in either side. My family originates from central Europe and they fought for the central power, how stupid is that? My great uncle who had lost his leg fighting for Austria was later murdered in Auschwitz.  

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
  • "I support the troops" is never followed by "but"
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 02:28:47 PM »
I tried to sign up, but they refused to accept me.

My Dad was a Marine.

Those people asking "Why aren't Jews in the Military?" are most often the same people who believe that Jews "control" every aspect of  life..

For example:  "Roosevelt was a Jew", "Rockefeller is Jew", "Rumsfeld is really Jewish" "All bankers are Jews"  "Jews control Wall Street"  "Jews started every war in history"  "Hitler's Dad was a Jew!"...etc.

Then while Jews are in fact in uniform actively engaged in two theatres of war today representing all branches of the military, the same folks obsessed with Jews suddenly are unable to see Jews.

Anyone believing that Jews make up a substantial portion of the American populace only believe this falsehood because the tiny percentage of Jews are such high achievers in every profession and occupation in which they engage.

I never said Jews were not in the military, I simply asked why there are not more of them? I am trying to get exact figures but I'm sure that
they do not represent their percentage of the population. I face the Israel/Jew haters everyday on other boards and I have to answer this question
all the time, especially when people bring up names like Wolfowitz and others in government who are happy to send us into war but who have never
served. Just saying that Jewish mothers don't raise their kids to be soldiers is kind of a flip answer and the only way I shut them up is to tell them
about all the men in my family who have served.

The answers I see here seem to say that Jews are too good to serve in the military nowadays. Let someone else do it. If anyone has exact numbers of
Jews in uniform right now, I wish you could provide them. As the OP states, Jews of my father's generation served proudly in great numbers. I'm just
wondering why that isn't the case anymore?

Could it be because most Jews are liberals and we know what liberals think about the military?

^^^Yes, to your last statement. Jews ARE NATURAL BORN fighters, leftism infiltrated into the Jewish people here in the USA.. People ALWAYS bring that RIDICULOUS argument- ALL of my family, on ALL sides served, My Sister, mother and myself, were forbidden by my Nana- which she lives to regret regarding me, I LIVE for a fight. My Nana was the ONLY Leftist Dem, SUX- My cousins ALL served, male AND female, my cousin Kymberly- was a Marine CAPT. this makes me VERY MAD. I was ROTC MARINES- BFD, and NOT for long cuz of my nana. I volunteered at FT ORD 7th Infantry DIV. I am an Honorary SGT. I won the FORSCOM, and did many things during the Persian Gulf and Panama.
  I WISH I was over there killing the muZ- NOBODY would question a female about the R.O.E.

Thank you. And thank your family for their service. Too bad there aren't more like you today. Considering the Jewish Left comprises the largest part of American
Jewry, I'm not surprised.  What I am surprised at is being attacked by fellow Jews for asking a simple question.

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 02:31:28 PM »
I think Jews should only serve in a Jewish army, they shouldn't get involved in goyim's wars unless it is for the defrense and well being of the Jews (i.e ww1 - Jews shouldn't have get involved, ww2- they should have fought in allied armies against the Nazis).

It that's how you feel, you should move there and give up your American citizenship.

American Jews proudly served in WWII and did fight the Nazis. With whom do you think they should have fought in WWII?

I am an Israeli, and have always lived in Israel. However I believe that every Jew should be loyal to Israel first, to his country of residence second. If America goes to war with Israel, which side would you take? I have stated in my previous post that Jews should have fought in allied armies against the Nazis in WWII, since it was obviously in the best interest of the Jews. Jews shouldn't have fought in WWI in either side. My family originates from central Europe and they fought for the central power, how stupid is that? My great uncle who had lost his leg fighting for Austria was later murdered in Auschwitz.  

IF, and that's a very big if, America went to war with Israel, I would have to side with Israel. Until then, I am an American first, Jew second.
If I felt as you do, I would definitely be living in Israel now.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 02:40:48 PM »
When Moshiach is here, or at least a reasonably strong and bold religious Jew were to become the Prime Minister of Israel, I would certainly fight on the side of Israel. America is a wonderful country and certainly the country under which Judaism was allowed to flourish while other nations kept us down. But I am a dreamer of Zion which doesnt exist at the moment. I know it can exist, and I daven for this to happen each day. I don't think it will come to this, though Tamar Yonah on A7 news has made comparisons of GW Bush to Gog in the prophecy regarding coming of Moshiach. I dont always agree with her but it is an interesting thing to consider.

I am a Jew first, and an American second because my thoughts and actions are Jewish at all times. I dont find that current American values fit my value system. I was sucked into the dark underbelly of American culture and through a miracle I was able to escape that hell. As a BT I should not talk about my past.

But I will defend America against its enemies. I have worked in the defense industry working in high technology weaponry which is currently being used by the American defense department. I really hope this is not what will happen.

muman613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »
I agree with Muman613 here.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »
 Horselady- I can tell you flat out- that even though ALL of my family served, and I have done what I could, this new movement of Anti-Jew DOES NOT CARE.  They consider ALL Jews as a menace to society- and this is the truth.  You saw it with "ClassicWoman" (I think that is her name) on the other forum you are on. There is NO changing her mindset. I WILL PROTECT EVERY SINGLE JEW. Left OR right, If I have had to, and this is BAD for these Anti-Jew people, I AM NOT a force to be reckoned with, I have MANY high ranking officers as great friends, and they WILL be with me, should ANYTHING EVER happen to me.  You know how Christians say: "Christian & Gd first" country second? IT IS THE EXACT same for Jewish people, as it should be. I RARELY meet a person as patriotic as myself, which I DO have witness, David ben Moshe knows me, VERY well- personally. 
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 02:51:55 PM »
Much of my mothers family served in the military (though their not Jewish), none of my dads family served though. I've considered joining the airforce but I don't know any Jews in the military except one on paltalk who was a Marine in Vietnam.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 02:55:33 PM »
horselady:  "The answers I see here seem to say that Jews are too good to serve in the military nowadays. Let someone else do it. If anyone has exact numbers of
Jews in uniform right now, I wish you could provide them. As the OP states, Jews of my father's generation served proudly in great numbers. I'm just
wondering why that isn't the case anymore?
Could it be because most Jews are liberals and we know what liberals think about the military?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU ARE A NAZI TROLL, horselady!

No one who is a friend of the Jewish People ask questions such as this one, a veiled ultimatum to "answer the charges of your neo-Nazi friends at your other forums", pretending that you really don't know how to answer such allegations from your friends.

CONSIDER YOURSELF OUTED!

WE JEWS WERE FIGHTING THE BATTLE OF JERICHO AT THE TIME YOUR ANCESTORS WERE WORSHIPPING OAK TREES AND YOUR PROPHETS WERE WITCHES WHO READ BONES.

Massuh, I dont know why you are so cranky. I dont suspect HorseLadys Jewishness. It is OK to ask questions like this. I dont think it is disrespectful or antisemitic. Jews are always misrepresented and undercounted.

I think you should apologize to her because I think you misunderstood her intention.

One of my more Orthodox friends lost his 1st daughter in Iraq 3 years ago.

Link here: http://www.jewishsf.com/content/2-0-/module/displaystory/story_id/27287/format/html/displaystory.html

Lisa Jacobsen was killed in an IED while driving in a humvee. She was the 1st Female member of the Air Force to die in Iraq. It was a tragic loss for my friend David who was instrumental in bringing me into Orthodoxy along with Rabbi Kaufman.

muman613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2008, 03:02:37 PM »
Horselady- I can tell you flat out- that even though ALL of my family served, and I have done what I could, this new movement of Anti-Jew DOES NOT CARE.  They consider ALL Jews as a menace to society- and this is the truth.  You saw it with "ClassicWoman" (I think that is her name) on the other forum you are on. There is NO changing her mindset. I WILL PROTECT EVERY SINGLE JEW. Left OR right, If I have had to, and this is BAD for these Anti-Jew people, I AM NOT a force to be reckoned with, I have MANY high ranking officers as great friends, and they WILL be with me, should ANYTHING EVER happen to me.  You know how Christians say: "Christian & Gd first" country second? IT IS THE EXACT same for Jewish people, as it should be. I RARELY meet a person as patriotic as myself, which I DO have witness, David ben Moshe knows me, VERY well- personally. 

Yes, I know that, which is why I was hoping to be able to refute the notion that Jews are underrepresented in the military.
I defend the Jewish people in every way I can on almost a daily basis. This is the one area about which I never could
present a strong argument. Although the "liberal Jewish" explanation seems to work best.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2008, 03:02:53 PM »

I oppose that, we live in America enjoying the constitutional rights granted to us, we should be eligible to fight for the country we live in to defend her. Doesn't matter what the persons background is.

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2008, 03:08:02 PM »
When Moshiach is here, or at least a reasonably strong and bold religious Jew were to become the Prime Minister of Israel, I would certainly fight on the side of Israel. America is a wonderful country and certainly the country under which Judaism was allowed to flourish while other nations kept us down. But I am a dreamer of Zion which doesnt exist at the moment. I know it can exist, and I daven for this to happen each day. I don't think it will come to this, though Tamar Yonah on A7 news has made comparisons of GW Bush to Gog in the prophecy regarding coming of Moshiach. I dont always agree with her but it is an interesting thing to consider.

I am a Jew first, and an American second because my thoughts and actions are Jewish at all times. I dont find that current American values fit my value system. I was sucked into the dark underbelly of American culture and through a miracle I was able to escape that hell. As a BT I should not talk about my past.

But I will defend America against its enemies. I have worked in the defense industry working in high technology weaponry which is currently being used by the American defense department. I really hope this is not what will happen.

muman613

I can respect and understand that. What is a "BT?"

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2008, 03:09:30 PM »
Horselady for whatever it's worth, you can remind those anti-Semites that Pat Buchanan is also a draft dodger.  When he was called upon to serve in Vietnam, he made up some cockamamie excuse about having bad knees.  But blogger Debbie Schlussel says that was a crock since he was known for taking up jogging.  

Also, members of Debbie's family have served in the military as well.  

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2008, 03:11:57 PM »
Horselady for whatever it's worth, you can remind those anti-Semites that Pat Buchanan is also a draft dodger.  When he was called upon to serve in Vietnam, he made up some cockamamie excuse about having bad knees.  But blogger Debbie Schlussel says that was a crock since he was known for taking up jogging.  

Also, members of Debbie's family have served in the military as well.  

I love Debbie. And she was nice enough to link my blog to hers. I often quote her site.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »

IF, and that's a very big if, America went to war with Israel, I would have to side with Israel. Until then, I am an American first, Jew second.
Why would anyone want to serve in the U.S. military?

To help Muslims in the Balkans?

To help prop-up a Muslim government in Iraq?

You can think of yourself as an American first all you want to, but when push comes to shove you will be seen as a Jew first.

You should really see the movie Sunshine http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Ralph-Fiennes/dp/B00005ALMM which depicts the struggles of a Jewish family in Hungary trying to assimilate over 3 generations, but no matter what they do including change their name and convert to Catholicism they are seen as Jews and end up in the Death Camps.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 03:17:13 PM by Maimonides »
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2008, 03:18:28 PM »

Yes, I know that, which is why I was hoping to be able to refute the notion that Jews are underrepresented in the military.
I defend the Jewish people in every way I can on almost a daily basis. This is the one area about which I never could
present a strong argument. Although the "liberal Jewish" explanation seems to work best.

they DONT care- at all. TRUST me, they DONT, I have email threads FULL of them. They hate ALL Jews- ALL OF THEM. There is NO refuting to this madness. They will NOT listen, they are operating in a heart of murder now. Oh well- FINE..
  I suggest if they try to kill me, they better be ready for an army FIST & Batallian Commander to Praise the Lrd and pass the ammunition right in their direction. ;) And I will be the one TARGETING THEM.  JEWS WILL NOT SIT BACK THIS TIME. Over 1,900 yrs of SLAUGHTER gets to a people.....after awhile..... >:(  the "Tolerence" IS GONE.  these people had BETTER read their book- and SEE what An ANGRY G-D can do, when an EVIL people rise up against Jews, that are CRYING OUT to HaShem- this will NOT be pretty- uh- 10 plagues? Frogs? Firstborn males? Jews are CRYING out to G-d and HE IS LISTENING to their CRIES. NOT good for these nazis. BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRID.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2008, 03:33:31 PM »

they DONT care- at all. TRUST me, they DONT, I have email threads FULL of them. They hate ALL Jews- ALL OF THEM. There is NO refuting to this madness. They will NOT listen, they are operating in a heart of murder now. Oh well- FINE..
  I suggest if they try to kill me, they better be ready for an army FIST & Batallian Commander to Praise the Lrd and pass the ammunition right in their direction. ;) And I will be the one TARGETING THEM.  JEWS WILL NOT SIT BACK THIS TIME. Over 1,900 yrs of SLAUGHTER gets to a people.....after awhile..... >:(  the "Tolerence" IS GONE.  these people had BETTER read their book- and SEE what An ANGRY G-D can do, when an EVIL people rise up against Jews, that are CRYING OUT to HaShem- this will NOT be pretty- uh- 10 plagues? Frogs? Firstborn males? Jews are CRYING out to G-d and HE IS LISTENING to their CRIES. NOT good for these nazis. BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRID.

Well yes, there are those people too. I don't try to argue with the obvious anti-semites too much, because it is a waste of time.
But people often have legitimate questions about Jews that I try to answer as best I can.

I'd like to think that Jews would not sit back and take it this time, but then again, there are an awful lot of them (liberal Jews) in Israel
who seem ready to give up everything rather than fight. I hope their numbers aren't greater than the Zionists there now.

I met an Israeli Jew on another board and he was all for making more concessions to the Palestinians. I had a hard time believing he
was a Jew at all, but got I banned before I could find out.

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2008, 03:37:53 PM »

You can think of yourself as an American first all you want to, but when push comes to shove you will be seen as a Jew first.

You should really see the movie Sunshine http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Ralph-Fiennes/dp/B00005ALMM which depicts the struggles of a Jewish family in Hungary trying to assimilate over 3 generations, but no matter what they do including change their name and convert to Catholicism they are seen as Jews and end up in the Death Camps.

I have a problem with that attitude. I consider myself a patriot and if I had it to do all over, I would serve in the military as my
husband, brother, and father did. This country has been the best country in the world (next to Israel) for Jews and
serving in the military is one way to show appreciation for that.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »
What I want to know is: OP What about Jews? We MUST go into the military? Education isn't important? Iraq is a bull crap war anyway! What have we proven over there in 5 years?

For people that said that Israel comes first for a Jewish person: I'm with you! America has kicked Jews out before, what's to stop them from doing it again?

For the person (I believe it was Horselady who said it) who said, in America, do call yourself a Jewish American or Jewish Israeli? The way I feel: I'll put it to you this way: My cell phone ringtone is Hatikva. In Israel at least there's a reason for defending ourselves. Despite the leftist gov't, I still want the Arabs out of Israel and to expand it to a greater Israel! I'm also for telling the Arab run UN to Gay Tren Zich (Sorry about the yiddish, but it's too dirty to say here!) If the shvugs can call themselves "African-American", I feel you can call yourself whatever you want!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2008, 03:45:45 PM »
Massuh, with all due respect you are psychotic. I don't know Horselady well, but I don't think she did anything besides state what she thought was fact. You think she's a Nazi because she said most Jews are liberal, but don't care that Alex Jones says that Israel "deliberately targets civilians"? WTF? I myself would dispute whether Jews are really all that liberal, at least the real ones (the vast majority of Christians, which are "mainline" Protestants and nominal Catholics [often of Third World origin], are extremely liberal), but she did absolutely nothing to merit a typical Massuhist rant.

You have a long history of making obscene curses against people who in any way disagree with your idiotic, cockamamie beliefs. Need I remind everyone of when you wished that everyone who disagrees with Nik should die of cancer? Or when you interjected yourself in the debate between Dan, Scriabin and I, which didn't even involve you in the least?

Why you aren't banned isn't something I can answer. Between your worship of the NAZI Alex Jones, your continued defiance of Chaim's rule about conspiracy lies, and your deep and profound mental illness, all that I can say is that you must have some friends in high places. You belong in Bedlam, not our organization.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2008, 03:47:37 PM »
Well in my family lets see ,my father was in the 82nd my cousin in the Special Forces,my other cousins in the 1st infantry he died in the army although not due to combat he had a blood disease while serving.I was in Navy for 7yrs.I'm not even going back to my uncles and great uncles
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2008, 03:50:14 PM »

I have a problem with that attitude. I consider myself a patriot and if I had it to do all over, I would serve in the military as my
husband, brother, and father did. This country has been the best country in the world (next to Israel) for Jews and

Jews in Germany who fought for the Kaiser thought the same thing.

The whole point is that there are not Jewish-Americans, but simply Jews living in America at the grace of the majority of people, which can be revoked at anytime.

Look at Crown Heights and how quickly a progrom in America took place and no one did anything.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2008, 03:51:50 PM »
Horselady, I have nothing but the highest level of honor and respect for anyone putting on a uniform, but I have to agree with all of the critics of the U.S. military here. The Armed Forces of the United States have become a politically-correct joke in the past 15 years. It started with Bill Clinton having our elite paratroopers dragged through the streets of Mogadishu to feed the starving Somali Muslim Nazis. Then, it got worse, as he sent our forces into action to commit genocide against Serbia. Finally, we have five years of quagmire in Iraq and seven in Afghanistan--both against two-bit foes that wouldn't have lasted three weeks against the U.S. Army of 1945 or even 1991.

Our boys and girls are getting murdered for nothing, because Dubya doesn't want to do anything that would harm so-called Muzzie "civilians", because that would offend his Saudi overlords. I will never support the bravest and most heroic of America's sons and daughters dying to save Muslim Nazis, or because they were forbidden to fight back agains them when getting shot at. We have a president who values al-Qaeda butchers over his own citizens.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2008, 03:53:37 PM »
Mord, it is only secular Jews that have a very low birthrate. Religious Jews, even in America, have an extremely high birthrate. In fact, super-devout Jews have the highest birthrate of any religious group in the world, Muslims included.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2008, 03:54:10 PM »

Jews in Germany who fought for the Kaiser thought the same thing.

The whole point is that there are not Jewish-Americans, but simply Jews living in America at the grace of the majority of people, which can be revoked at anytime.

Look at Crown Heights and how quickly a progrom in America took place and no one did anything.

Well... I wouldn't say nobody did anything. Dinkins cheered from his window, the shvugs yelled "Death to the Jews!", but not nothing! Dinkins should get a disease that kills him painfully and slowly! >:(

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2008, 03:55:20 PM »
Mord, it is only secular Jews that have a very low birthrate. Religious Jews, even in America, have an extremely high birthrate. In fact, super-devout Jews have the highest birthrate of any religious group in the world, Muslims included.
Yes but those ultra orthodox Jews don'nt serve in any military including Israel.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03