Author Topic: Obama: Is he really a great orator?  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Madeline

• Full JTFer
Obama: Is he really a great orator?
« on: July 24, 2008, 01:32:42 PM »
Great Orators of the Democratic Party

• "One man with courage makes a majority."--attributed to Andrew Jackson

• "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."--Franklin D. Roosevelt

• "The buck stops here."--Harry S. Truman

• "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."--John F. Kennedy

• "So the point that I was making at the time was that the political dynamic was the driving force between that sectarian violence. And we could try to keep a lid on it, but if these underlining dynamic continued to bubble up and explode the way they were, then we would be in a difficult situation. I am glad that in fact those political dynamic shifted at the same time that our troops did outstanding work."--Barack Obama

Listen to him hem and haw when he is away from a teleprompter.  McCain should press the advantage he has of knowing what he believes in, if coward Obama will ever consent to a debate.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Obama: Is he really a great orator?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 01:36:17 PM »
He is an average speaker but white people love him because he doesn't sound like a complete and total moron. Whites in general have come to expect blacks to be jive-talking monkeys like Chris Rock, Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. When they see a black man who doesn't speak like a clown they are impressed and elevate him to demigod status. In reality though, he speaks no better than your average white guy.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 01:45:03 PM »
No.  He's decent, though.

The greatest orator of all was also the most Evil.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 02:34:54 PM »
No. 

Both Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee are definitely better. 

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 02:37:31 PM »
Huckabee is great... and Obama is very good as well.

BUT.... so was Hitler.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 03:55:31 PM »
He is an average speaker but white people love him because he doesn't sound like a complete and total moron. Whites in general have come to expect blacks to be jive-talking monkeys like Chris Rock, Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. When they see a black man who doesn't speak like a clown they are impressed and elevate him to demigod status. In reality though, he speaks no better than your average white guy.
A talking dog would also impress people.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »
Unfortunately, he is a pretty good speaker. Hundreds of millions of dollars gets you some pretty damn good voice coaches and script writers.

And unfortunately, McCain sounds like an wanderee from a maximum-security Leisure World Alzheimer's ward every time he opens his mouth.  :(

The only way he will beat Osama is if he hammers home that he is a black racist and Muslim Nazi, and he is either too PC or stupid (probably both) to do that.  >:(

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 04:02:00 PM »
... and Mike Huckabee are definitely better. 
I disagree. Huckabee is certainly very slick and polished, but he sounds so very gimmicky that I am sure that it turned off voters. He is good with witty one-liners, but I don't think he can make a good, serious speech.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 04:05:09 PM »
Obama a great orator?  why do you aks?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 04:06:45 PM »
You have to admit that he's pretty good. Not the absolute best, but pretty close to it. Braindead white morons will always fall for a slick, well-spoken, handsome black (even though he's really a skinny nerd).

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 04:25:31 PM »
You have to admit that he's pretty good. Not the absolute best, but pretty close to it. Braindead white morons will always fall for a slick, well-spoken, handsome black (even though he's really a skinny nerd).

BTW... his veneer is slipping away.  His commanding lead is slowly slipping away.  (Now at 1-3% depending on which polls) .  But yes.. the key is people being reminded of his STRONG 20 year relationship with that evil 'church'

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »
Americans are idiots. They just care that we are losing the war, that gasoline is only slightly cheaper per gallon than gold, and that the price of everything is skyrocketing thanks to Bush's Wall Street speculator friends. All they think is to blame Republicans for all of the above (and to some extent, all of the above are the GOP's fault). But they are incapable of seeing that Obama would just make all of the above much worse than it already is. Americans are like Pavlov's dogs when it comes to "hope and change".  ::)

Offline Madeline

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 04:35:13 PM »

Because everyone sings his praises as a great orator?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 04:38:54 PM »
Americans are idiots. They just care that we are losing the war, that gasoline is only slightly cheaper per gallon than gold, and that the price of everything is skyrocketing thanks to Bush's Wall Street speculator friends. All they think is to blame Republicans for all of the above (and to some extent, all of the above are the GOP's fault). But they are incapable of seeing that Obama would just make all of the above much worse than it already is. Americans are like Pavlov's dogs when it comes to "hope and change".  ::)

Well said.   BUT... Im telling you...  this isn't over.  dont think it is.   it could go either way...  so we have to do our part to get that .1%.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 10:41:40 PM »
I personally think it depends on the crowd he's talking to. When he talks to whites: one speech, blacks: another speech and so on.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 03:27:54 AM »

did you get my joke?  I didn't write "ask"...I wrote "aks." lolol
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 04:01:50 AM »

In my opinion Obamar is the great bloviator.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 06:34:05 AM »
Obama can not speak on most issues without first being coached. Anytime he has been forced to speak on an issue that he was not expected to be questioned on he stumbles around mumbling like an old darkie on a plantation. At times he has become belligerent over having to deal with surprise issues or being asked to many questions. Obama is not a ghetto rat he has gone to some of the best schools in the country he also was raised by white folks to some extent. I say in light of all this he is average to below average in his ability to speak. As I watch this guy speak on the TV at times its hard to follow what he is saying because honestly he speaks in the abstract. Obama is what he is he may have good handlers to get him over the rough patches but even with all that if you listen to him closely even blindfolded you can tell exactly what is doing the talking  ;) 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 09:48:05 AM »
I personally think it depends on the crowd he's talking to. When he talks to whites: one speech, blacks: another speech and so on.

When Obama gives a prepared speech, he's an above average speaker. When he speaks about issues that he's familiar with (the War In Iraq, Islam, basketball, etc.) he is also considerably well spoken. In other situations he starts stumbling with the "uh's". I'm not impressed. Chaim Ben Pesach would tear him to shreds in a debate. He IS a great orator.

Offline Madeline

• Full JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 11:44:42 AM »

Well, that makes more 'senze.'  haha. 

I like Pastor Manning's description of him as a strutting Mack Daddy, that is, a pimp.  He is just what those masses of foolish liberal 'hos' crave - someone whose gleaming narcissism can lift them out of the doldrums of self-imposed stupid ideas.  Since they have put themselves in a pit of depression and hopelessness with their anti-everything good ideas, they need someone to haul them out of despair.  Hitching a ride on his glory bound narcissism does it for them, and then their enthusiasm for him does it for him.  So together they create a circle of fantasy fueled 'hope.'  "I love you, you love me," as Barney the purple dinosaur croons to spellbound little children.

And then one day the inflationary bubble breaks, just like the phoney spike in real estate prices.  For those who bet on it, like the banks giving worthless mortgages....well, too bad for you, sucker.

But when it comes to national policy, we conservatives will go down with the foolish masses, since our fates are tied to our geographical neighbors, to some degree.

BTW, ever wonder what the ordinary German citizens felt as they watched their own hopes for national glory go down with Der Fuhrer and the German Republic?  When Hitler's ego-trip was over, so was theirs.  What is the internal experience when the national bubble breaks? 

As it will one day with Obama.  After he fails, will his disappointed minions hitch their star to the strong horse of Islam?  It would make sense, psychologically.  Since they haven't developed a stance of self-reliance through critical thinking and sound principles, they need to be swept away. 

The current da'wa campaign is perfect for that.  It creates confusion by giving deliberately mixed messages.  On the one hand, it destroys buildings and murders civilians on 9/11 and threatens even worse carnage.  On the other hand, it insists on calling itself a 'religion of peace' and speaks in seductiviely soothing tones.  This creates cognitive dissonance, an experience of things not adding up, not quite making sense.   Confusion ensues.  It takes an effort to think this through, so many people just stop thinking and shrug it off.  "Surely the authorities know what is happening,"  they say to themselves, "and I am safe."  They even will themselves to stop thinking, and make sure their friends don't challenge them to think either.   The subject becomes 'impolite.'  It is taboo.

Since these people will not lead themselves with rational thinking, they need to be led.  They are ripe for totalitarian leadership, like Islam.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 01:15:59 PM »
Great Orators of the Democratic Party

• "One man with courage makes a majority."--attributed to Andrew Jackson

• "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."--Franklin D. Roosevelt

• "The buck stops here."--Harry S. Truman

• "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."--John F. Kennedy

FDR and Anti Semite who wouldn't bomb Auschwitz

Truman and Anti Semite
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 01:28:22 PM »
I disslike FDR... but he's not an anti-semite.  He's just shortsided and stupid.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 01:32:33 PM »

That's funny.

As Chaim once said, "I would love to axe them."

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 01:36:48 PM »
OK , I FIXED THE TYPOS....... ::)  :::D

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »
I disslike FDR... but he's not an anti-semite.  He's just shortsided and stupid.
Then why as a matter of policy did he refuse to admit millions of Holocaust refugees, who by their nature are super-productive people and no burden on social services at all, aid the British in their Nazi blockade of the Holy Land, and refuse to bomb a single concentration camp or gas chamber, even when they were just a couple dozen yards from panzer factories?