Author Topic: Olmert: "How Could WE Let This Happen?"  (Read 2743 times)

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
  • "I support the troops" is never followed by "but"
Olmert: "How Could WE Let This Happen?"
« on: July 27, 2008, 02:32:39 PM »
Well, DUH, Mr, Olmert, why don't you look in the mirror for the answer.  >:(

'Large amount of weapons and explosives flowing into Gaza'
Jul. 27, 2008

Jpost.com staff and AP , THE JERUSALEM POST

Hamas has smuggled four tons of explosives, 50 anti-aircraft missiles, dozens of Kalashnikov rifles and materials used to produce rockets into the Gaza Strip since the inception of the cease-fire, Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) chief Yuval Diskin said Sunday at the weekly cabinet meeting. According to Diskin, Hamas has also taken control of all smuggling tunnels along the border with Egypt, and cement being brought into Gaza was intended for construction of bunkers.

The Shin Bet head added that the recent prisoner exchange with Hizbullah had encouraged various Palestinian groups to attempt carrying out abductions.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said on the truce that "I fear that a reality is being created in the south, which, in five years we'll be asking ourselves - How could we let this happen?"

But Defense Minister Ehud Barak said the "balance" was so far a positive one. "The calm was intended to give [us] a timeout which we would do well to take advantage off," he said.

According to a government official, Barak said Hamas was doing more than expected to prevent truce violations by smaller terrorist groups. He said Israel was correct not to retaliate for sporadic mortar and rocket attacks from Gaza during the truce.

However the official quoted Barak as telling the cabinet on Sunday that Israel's "lack of response so far does not mean there is anything to stop us taking action when we decide we should."

During the same meeting, Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni spoke of the shaky Gaza cease-fire, telling the cabinet that "Israel needs to respond to truce violations, fire against fire."

"Israel's response needs to give the message that we won't accept fire, regardless of which organization it comes from," she went on.

Livni added that opening the Rafah crossing would strengthen Hamas and as such must be connected to the issue of kidnapped IDF soldier Gilad Schalit, in conjunction with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas' forces.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1215331114949&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FPrinter

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Olmert: "How Could WE Let This Happen?"
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 02:36:44 PM »
I read  that before and said to myself olmert is really on drugs his buddy Sharon started kicking Jews out of Gaza undert olmerts influence and he continues to let Hamas build up.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 02:49:55 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 02:44:09 PM »
  Well, HORSE, tell OUR President to stay OUT of the affairs of ISRAEL.

You DONT care about Israel. You DO NOT care about the people here on this forum THAT LIVE IN ISRAEL, and have insulted some ALREADY. Didnt YOU say: "America First OR Israel first?" Now you are worried about Israel that you could CARE LESS ABOUT.  The MORE you bring your topics, the more you LOSE rank of the Chieftains of the Topic People.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 02:46:21 PM »
Yes we know that Olmert is a clown. He will be history soon and we hope that the Israelis have learned from the failure of Olmert.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 02:48:11 PM »
Yes we know that Olmert is a clown. He will be history soon and we hope that the Israelis have learned from the failure of Olmert.

muman613

Hasn't he been indicted yet?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 02:51:13 PM »

muman613

Horselady,

If I was in Israel right now I would be doing everything in my power to show the people how bad of a PM Olmert has been. I work with an Israeli, a friend of mine, who is now realizing I was right all along about Olmert {whom he used to think highly of}. I just hope my secular Israeli friend is as wise as the average Israeli. If so there is some hope.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 02:51:17 PM »
Well horselady while we are on the subject, let's not forget whose brilliant idea it was to have elections in Gaza.   George W Bush and Condi rice.   With Hamas then elected by those peace loving Arabs expressing their democratic rights, The US govt ramped up the aid and weaponry to Fatah, the "moderate" arab muslim nazis.   Then of course Hamas launched a violent takeover of the gaza strip and all of that aid and arsenal to Fatah ended up in Hamas' hands.

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 03:20:41 PM »

muman613

Horselady,

If I was in Israel right now I would be doing everything in my power to show the people how bad of a PM Olmert has been. I work with an Israeli, a friend of mine, who is now realizing I was right all along about Olmert {whom he used to think highly of}. I just hope my secular Israeli friend is as wise as the average Israeli. If so there is some hope.

muman613

Well considering he has about a 2-3% approval rating, I'd say you're right.

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 03:22:12 PM »
Well horselady while we are on the subject, let's not forget whose brilliant idea it was to have elections in Gaza.   George W Bush and Condi rice.   With Hamas then elected by those peace loving Arabs expressing their democratic rights, The US govt ramped up the aid and weaponry to Fatah, the "moderate" arab muslim nazis.   Then of course Hamas launched a violent takeover of the gaza strip and all of that aid and arsenal to Fatah ended up in Hamas' hands.

Yes, they definitely must share the blame for the crisis now, especially their insistence on Israel removing some of the
security barriers.