Author Topic: 2nd quarter, GDP, increased at an annual rate of 1.9 percent  (Read 1765 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25945131

I'm still a bit pessimistic... as the housing fiasco will continue to hurt the economy in the upcoming months.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 02:19:41 PM by briann »

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: 2nd quarter, GDP, increased at an annual rate of 1.9 percent
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 02:20:01 PM »
I have read in the last years nearly every month a new prognose about boom, stagnation and depression in the media of my country so imo the most prognoses are belony  ::)

Fact is that the oil prizes are going up and up and with them the costs for energy in any form.

We have to prepare for this. :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 02:24:06 PM »
I have read in the last years nearly every month a new prognose about boom, stagnation and depression in the media of my country so imo the most prognoses are belony  ::)

Fact is that the oil prizes are going up and up and with them the costs for energy in any form.

We have to prepare for this. :)

This recession was and is entirely created by the housing boom/bust.   Watch the Housing markets.. .and the banks... and you will get a good idea of where the economy is headed.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 01:03:09 AM »
I saw consumer confidence was up by 9%, if it wasn't for that stimulus package we'd likely be in a recession now. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 01:11:00 AM »
In my opinion the economy is not as bad as the doomsayers are saying. My company stock took a dip at the end of the year last year, but once again is on an upward trend. My net worth is still increasing. And in case anyone hasnt noticed gas is 10 cents cheaper this week than last. I think this downturn was orchestrated by the lefties on wall street who want Obama to win.

In my opinion of course...

muman613

PS: My debt was reduced when I refinanced and my savings are increasing.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 01:23:44 AM »
I agree.  There are major challenges with the economy but because taxes have been lowered, we are reaping the benefits of that no matter what the lefties say. It's so unbelievable how much news organizations like CNN try to talk about doom and gloom when they never said a peep during the last couple Clinton years.  You will see if Obama is president, they will talk about bunnies and flowers and cooking recipies if the economy goes south under his leadership.  If we are in such a recession, why do I see major three story malls still going up, lines for the I Phone and for Batman if we are truly in a recession.  The doom and gloomers disappear when things turn out ok.  As bad as Bush is, many of his economic policies have worked and he has governed over a very good economy.  Energy HAS to be dealt with and now that we have this window, we should take it.  The left has to show that we are at the end of times to get Obama in office.  We have so many fundamental problems like immigration, black obsessed culture that leads to crime and stupidity, poor education due to disruptive and truant blacks and hispanics and the white people who love them and copy them. If we became energy independent and rejected ghetto/gangster culture and took on and destroyed the gangs and criminal practices of the third world immigrants, America would be unstoppable.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 01:29:26 AM »
I agree.  There are major challenges with the economy but because taxes have been lowered, we are reaping the benefits of that no matter what the lefties say. It's so unbelievable how much news organizations like CNN try to talk about doom and gloom when they never said a peep during the last couple Clinton years.  You will see if Obama is president, they will talk about bunnies and flowers and cooking recipies if the economy goes south under his leadership.  If we are in such a recession, why do I see major three story malls still going up, lines for the I Phone and for Batman if we are truly in a recession.  The doom and gloomers disappear when things turn out ok.  As bad as Bush is, many of his economic policies have worked and he has governed over a very good economy.  Energy HAS to be dealt with and now that we have this window, we should take it.  The left has to show that we are at the end of times to get Obama in office.  We have so many fundamental problems like immigration, black obsessed culture that leads to crime and stupidity, poor education due to disruptive and truant blacks and hispanics and the white people who love them and copy them. If we became energy independent and rejected ghetto/gangster culture and took on and destroyed the gangs and criminal practices of the third world immigrants, America would be unstoppable.

AMEN!

muman613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 02:41:07 AM »
I saw consumer confidence was up by 9%, if it wasn't for that stimulus package we'd likely be in a recession now. 

You may be right.  However.. much depends upon the upcoming months.   I think by November... America will have a better idea of if we are in a severe economic downturn or not.  I'd definitely prefer it not to be.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 03:24:14 AM »

You may be right.  However.. much depends upon the upcoming months.   I think by November... America will have a better idea of if we are in a severe economic downturn or not.  I'd definitely prefer it not to be.

Will that be when we get third quarter results?