Author Topic: Chaim's answer about McCain's possible VP  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Chaim's answer about McCain's possible VP
« on: August 04, 2008, 02:24:59 PM »
While I do agree that, idealistically, Jews should all live in Israel, and while I agree that many Jews in the US govt might go against Israel just to prove their allegience to the US rather than do the right thing, I disagree on one point he made.

Chaim stated that imagine a Jew became president and something went wrong as a result of it.  He implied that anti-semetism would rise and everyone would blame the Jews.  While that might be true and that anti-semetism is rabid, real anti-semites will be anti-semites even if a Jew did accomplish something good.  You can't change the heart of someone who knowingly wants to be evil and hate the Jewish people.  We cannot be scared of hateful vermin, but be prepared to be zealouts of righteousness.  I'm not suggesting we go into a battlefield with sticks.  I'm merely saying, we have to stop being afraid of people who hate us because it is those who hate us who are scared of us the most.  They create such tall tales about us that our very presence can scare them to the hills of Greenland.

that's just my opinion...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
Re: Chaim's answer about McCain's possible VP
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:17:14 PM »
While I do agree that, idealistically, Jews should all live in Israel, and while I agree that many Jews in the US govt might go against Israel just to prove their allegience to the US rather than do the right thing, I disagree on one point he made.

Chaim stated that imagine a Jew became president and something went wrong as a result of it.  He implied that anti-semetism would rise and everyone would blame the Jews.  While that might be true and that anti-semetism is rabid, real anti-semites will be anti-semites even if a Jew did accomplish something good.  You can't change the heart of someone who knowingly wants to be evil and hate the Jewish people.  We cannot be scared of hateful vermin, but be prepared to be zealouts of righteousness.  I'm not suggesting we go into a battlefield with sticks.  I'm merely saying, we have to stop being afraid of people who hate us because it is those who hate us who are scared of us the most.  They create such tall tales about us that our very presence can scare them to the hills of Greenland.

Unfortunately, it's a double edged sword. Either a feeble old man (McCain) with Cantor as VP could take over, or Osama who basically hates at least Jews and Israel and America. I personally don't see Jews living in America in 25 years. America threw us out before it could happen again. Unfortunately, this seems like a sign of the times. Just IMO.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 03:21:48 PM »

Unfortunately, it's a double edged sword. Either a feeble old man (McCain) with Cantor as VP could take over, or Osama who basically hates at least Jews and Israel and America. I personally don't see Jews living in America in 25 years. America threw us out before it could happen again. Unfortunately, this seems like a sign of the times. Just IMO.

I feel every Jew needs to learn Hebrew fluently first...we have to be prepared for the inevitble..and if not for ourselves, prepare our children and grandchildren...

And I say this for Jews who are simply not ready to go all out and make Aliya..it's not an easy thing to do....but we have to be ready if it happens in our lifetime that another Hitler does come along.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 03:29:28 PM »

I feel every Jew needs to learn Hebrew fluently first...we have to be prepared for the inevitble..and if not for ourselves, prepare our children and grandchildren...

And I say this for Jews who are simply not ready to go all out and make Aliya..it's not an easy thing to do....but we have to be ready if it happens in our lifetime that another Hitler does come along.

Well said, my friend. With one thing though: Aliyah might not be a CHOICE. Personally I have no problem with this. What I'm shocked at is Obama HATES Jews, his double talk is going to G-d forbid bring an end to Israel along with half of the world Jewish population, and he doesn't have a mustache (this is the shock). HE is the next Hitler, mark my words. I'm willing to bet he's read Mein Kampf or the Elders of Zion etc.... More than once.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 03:32:40 PM »

Well said, my friend. With one thing though: Aliyah might not be a CHOICE. Personally I have no problem with this. What I'm shocked at is Obama HATES Jews, his double talk is going to G-d forbid bring an end to Israel along with half of the world Jewish population, and he doesn't have a mustache (this is the shock). HE is the next Hitler, mark my words. I'm willing to bet he's read Mein Kampf or the Elders of Zion etc.... More than once.

He is as dangerous as David Dinkins was for NYC...He is no Hitler...but can bring about a real Hitler with his naiveness.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 03:56:20 PM »
Dr. Dan, even though I'm not Jewish I hope you don't mind my saying that I agree that Jews should learn Hebrew. It's a very important part of Jewish heritage that must be kept alive, part of what makes people Jewish. Not in a literal sense but in the sense of continuing on your heritage.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 04:02:06 PM »

What do you mean? It is the time of what? Like Daniel prophesied? Or Joel? I feel like the END of SOMETHING is coming, I think the end of the USA, you think thats the sign of the time, npeace? I use to have these TERRIBLE dreams, just AWFUL, and I saw the statue of Liberty sinking into the waters, and naked. SAD, I was SO SO SO sad.  Many other dreams too, MANY MANY MANY.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 04:05:40 PM »
Dr. Dan, even though I'm not Jewish I hope you don't mind my saying that I agree that Jews should learn Hebrew. It's a very important part of Jewish heritage that must be kept alive, part of what makes people Jewish. Not in a literal sense but in the sense of continuing on your heritage.

It's not just the heritage...IT's the language of our religion.  It's the language spoke predominantly in Israel where idealistically Jews should live.  If not live there...at least visit there every year for a significant period of time..and if not visit for tha tmuch time...simply visit each year..if not visit each year, donate money to Israel..but if one simply donates to Israel each year, it's not enough..but it is better than doing nothing.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 04:06:51 PM »

What do you mean? It is the time of what? Like Daniel prophesied? Or Joel? I feel like the END of SOMETHING is coming, I think the end of the USA, you think thats the sign of the time, npeace? I use to have these TERRIBLE dreams, just AWFUL, and I saw the statue of Liberty sinking into the waters, and naked. SAD, I was SO SO SO sad.  Many other dreams too, MANY MANY MANY.

Naa, that's just from the Planet of the Apes...oh wait... (you fill in the blank)   :::D

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 04:12:24 PM »

You know something Paulette, I'm afraid to say. On one hand a possible Jewish VP. McCain is old and I think is sicker than is let on. If JM goes Cantor becomes Pres. does one thing Americans don't like, this will cause major antiSemitism. That could can even further diaspora of Jews hopefully to Israel. Personally, I'm a big believer this is where Jews belong. I believe we don't have a stake in America IMO (and just IMO) On the other hand: You have BO. He hates America, Jews and Israel (Any more groups/countries, please add). If he gets in, I don't want to even think about it. It's too sickening. The future does not look good with BO or smell good with those initials. Either way, I'm still voting JM. And to answer any ?'s, I have no problem making Aliyah and/or learning Hebrew.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 05:13:06 PM »

It's not just the heritage...IT's the language of our religion.  It's the language spoke predominantly in Israel where idealistically Jews should live.  If not live there...at least visit there every year for a significant period of time..and if not visit for tha tmuch time...simply visit each year..if not visit each year, donate money to Israel..but if one simply donates to Israel each year, it's not enough..but it is better than doing nothing.

Learning Hebrew is one good step that every Jew can do to preserve their people's heritage and religion. :)

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 05:50:00 PM »

Learning Hebrew is one good step that every Jew can do to preserve their people's heritage and religion. :)

Well said. I'm actually looking into learning Hebrew as well. For two reasons: It helps in being a librarian, in that it can get you into great areas. Also, there are a lot of Hebrew speakers arriving in the US and I want to learn. I already know spanish, but who cares, people who know that are a dime a dozen.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 05:52:19 PM »
I don't remember what Chaim said exactly but I think the implication was that a Jewish president would have to be tough on Israel and keep her on a shorter leash due to pressure coming from antisemites claiming he is biased in favor of Israel.