Author Topic: Microsoft Office OneNote - Must Have!!  (Read 927 times)

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
Microsoft Office OneNote - Must Have!!
« on: August 04, 2008, 09:56:52 PM »
I am a data hoarder, I have an immense library, gigabytes of pictures, maps, prints and just a lot of media.  I see Microsoft as a neccessary evil but I wanted to bring to everyone's attention a product that I think is well worth mentioning. Microsoft Office OneNote. You can find it on eBay for about $60-$70.

It is like an electronic journal on steroids. You can index all types of data into distinct notebooks, tab groups, pages, etc. It is fully integrated with Outlook and Office. You can scan to it. You can save Web Pages and content in it. You can index & archive recordings as well as make and playback recordings within it. You can link to documents located on your hard drive or create a print view of the document on one of the pages. You have a complete set of markup and editing tools for commenting on articles and you can add a task to your Outlook Task List with one click as well as email content direct.

I find so many great articles on JTF and I use OneNote to save the really good stuff and I can always find it when i want to reference it again.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote/FX100487701033.aspx
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Microsoft Office OneNote - Must Have!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 02:07:53 AM »
Shamgar,

Thank you for your plug of Microsoft... Sounds like my system browser on Linux.

I dont want to start the Linux plug, so I'll let it go...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 02:48:26 AM »
Shamgar,

muman613

I should have known you were a Linux person from your intelligent responses. I use Windows and Linux where needed and have both installed on various machines. I use RedHat Enterprise or CentOS for most of my work via SSH. When I do use a desktop in Linux, I really enjoy KDE.

I have used Microsoft OneNote and it is an amazing program for keeping and making notes.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 02:55:07 AM »
Shamgar,

muman613

I should have known you were a Linux person from your intelligent responses. I use Windows and Linux where needed and have both installed on various machines. I use RedHat Enterprise or CentOS for most of my work via SSH. When I do use a desktop in Linux, I really enjoy KDE.

I have used Microsoft OneNote and it is an amazing program for keeping and making notes.

Yes, Ive been working in Linux for almost eight years now. I started with Red Hat and moved through various distributions. I am very happy with the Ubuntu installation and have it installed on several of my home machines, and as a VM on my Windows Vista laptop. I have been using VMWares product and it allows me to run my windows OS in a window on Linux and vice versa.

Ubuntu is easy to install and has many good software packages installed by default. It also has very good support for multimedia and printers. We find it easier to set up and print than on Windows.

I almost worked for Microsoft in 1998, had an interview and they put on the ritz for me and my wife. I have written software for Windows, but I much prefer developing for Linux platforms.

muman613

PS: I am sure that the product is very high quality. Some of the technology was developed by a company I used to work for {SONIC Solutions}.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14