Poll

Off Shore drilling

I Favor
18 (85.7%)
I Oppose
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Offshore Drilling  (Read 3764 times)

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
Offshore Drilling
« on: August 06, 2008, 07:21:42 PM »
I highly appreciate your vote.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Re: Offshore Drilling
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 07:40:42 PM »
Getting off of Arab Nazi oil and rendering worthless is the long solution via alternatives to it, but we need as many short term solutions as possible and offshore drilling is one of them.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 07:49:32 PM »
Getting off of Arab Nazi oil and rendering worthless is the long solution via alternatives to it, but we need as many short term solutions as possible and offshore drilling is one of them.
Absolutely
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 08:17:32 PM »
I favor it only if it is used to buy time to create a great new invention for a new type of automobile that won't need any oil...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Gentile

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 08:40:45 PM »
Hello all.  First post.

I do favor offshore drilling and exploration, just don't wreck our oceans.  Most of all, I want us to be able to thumb our noses at the arabs.  IMO, the U.S. has saved saudi arabia's butt several times...they ought to give us oil.

I loved the Nissan commercial!

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »
   The way the market works is that everyone lowers their price in the direction of the lowest provider. All we need to drive the market down is a little bit of cheap oil for sale.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 12:35:22 AM »
Since I live in the state of Florida, and our economy depends on tourism, I am opposed to offshore drilling off the coast of my state.  If other states want to do it, thats fine.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 12:39:45 AM »
Since I live in the state of Florida, and our economy depends on tourism, I am opposed to offshore drilling off the coast of my state.  If other states want to do it, thats fine.

Firstly... the offshore drilling would be done 15 miles off the coast... with Florida... probably more.  You cant even see drilling thats more than 7 miles off... because of the curvature of the earth.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 01:35:10 AM »
I highly appreciate your vote.

Please edit the poll, it should say "Oppose"  not 'appose' (sic)

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 04:01:01 AM »
I oppose it.

The problem with it is, if you make the supply of this trade-good oil bigger, the price will go down.

This will direct our economy in the wrong direction and it will destroy all our successes in the fields energy saving and alternative energies.

I.e. you can buy big cars today very cheap, because nobody wants this boozers.

A lot of people will buy them again and our oil-consume will be increasing in a long term. :(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »

Firstly... the offshore drilling would be done 15 miles off the coast... with Florida... probably more.  You cant even see drilling thats more than 7 miles off... because of the curvature of the earth.

Mexico is sucking all the oil out of the coast of Florida like a straw. So this may cause them to drill closer to the coast than expected in Florida.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 12:08:49 PM »

its not about seeing them or not... With oil rigs, there is the inevitable problem of oil spills.  Some of that oil going ashore in Florida would be disastrous for our economy.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 12:36:47 PM »

its not about seeing them or not... With oil rigs, there is the inevitable problem of oil spills.  Some of that oil going ashore in Florida would be disastrous for our economy.

In such ways as........?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »

In such ways as........?

...our economy is totally dependent on tourism.  Would you want to go to a beach after oil from a spill goes ashore?

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 06:51:38 PM »

In such ways as........?

...our economy is totally dependent on tourism.  Would you want to go to a beach after oil from a spill goes ashore?
No, what is bad for our economy is the fact that oil is sky high and our govt has to beg muslim nazi terrorist to produce more barrels. Quite frankly, we can curve around tourism, and I thought the same about oil but it is inevitable.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »

In such ways as........?

No, what is bad for our economy is the fact that oil is sky high and our govt has to beg muslim nazi terrorist to produce more barrels. Quite frankly, we can curve around tourism, and I thought the same about oil but it is inevitable.

no, florida's economy cannot survive without tourism.  As i said before, I am only against offshore drilling in Florida.  IF other states want to do it, more power to them.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 07:49:20 PM »

In such ways as........?

no, florida's economy cannot survive without tourism.  As i said before, I am only against offshore drilling in Florida.  IF other states want to do it, more power to them.
Not in my back yard is what has got things to where they are now. We need to drill for oil where ever it can be found in enough quantity to make it worth while. American companies have an ever improving track record of doing this in a clean responsible manor. Foreign oil concerns are drilling just outside the coastal limit and no one has much concern about that activity at all. It's only when an American company wants to sink a well that gets people all up in arms. Oil spills can happen from any oil activity not only drilling for oil. Everyone wants their coastlines to be free from industrial development however if everyone took this attitude we would be put back into the age of the horse and wagon. The high price of fuel has people staying home. Florida can have the best coastlines in the world but if its to expensive to get there it  wont do the Florida tourist industry much good. Responsible drilling just outside of the line of sight from any coastline would not be a problem. This could be one of the reasons G-d made the earth round.  ::)  ;D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 08:20:35 PM »

In such ways as........?

Not in my back yard is what has got things to where they are now. We need to drill for oil where ever it can be found in enough quantity to make it worth while. American companies have an ever improving track record of doing this in a clean responsible manor. Foreign oil concerns are drilling just outside the coastal limit and no one has much concern about that activity at all. It's only when an American company wants to sink a well that gets people all up in arms. Oil spills can happen from any oil activity not only drilling for oil. Everyone wants their coastlines to be free from industrial development however if everyone took this attitude we would be put back into the age of the horse and wagon. The high price of fuel has people staying home. Florida can have the best coastlines in the world but if its to expensive to get there it  wont do the Florida tourist industry much good. Responsible drilling just outside of the line of sight from any coastline would not be a problem. This could be one of the reasons G-d made the earth round.  ::)  ;D

it would be a problem if oil comes ashore...  Why do you think all the republicans in Florida State government are against it?

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 09:04:51 PM »
It will happen eventually, it must for national security purposes, but it should be a later down the road option. Does anybody remember ANWR? All the talk is of off shore drilling which will make oil available in anywhere from 18 months to 10 years, depending on who you ask. Also, just how much oil estimated to be off shore also widely ranges. Now, ANWR could have oil flowing in approximately 3 months, 3 MONTHS!
Then there is the Naval Strategic oil reserve, the national strategic oil reserve, the already existing CAPPED wells. Why is all the attention being diverted from guaranteed quickly ready oil to questionable down the line
oil. While ANWR and or other reserves are used work can be done on alternative fuels, more efficient mileage autos, ways to make shale oil production cheaper(which we have more of than anyone), solar, wind, etc. There should be government incentives to private entrepenaurs, researchers, engineers, scientists, etc. for the best plans. If it was left to the government on their own to supply the solution it wil fail.
So, yes to off shore drilling, but ANWR FIRST.
Oh, and if off the coast of Florida is where the oil is, sorry, then that is where the drilling should be.
If it is a national security issue(not just economic) which it is, is not Florida part of the nation.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 10:46:14 PM »
It will happen eventually, it must for national security purposes, but it should be a later down the road option. Does anybody remember ANWR? All the talk is of off shore drilling which will make oil available in anywhere from 18 months to 10 years, depending on who you ask. Also, just how much oil estimated to be off shore also widely ranges. Now, ANWR could have oil flowing in approximately 3 months, 3 MONTHS!
Then there is the Naval Strategic oil reserve, the national strategic oil reserve, the already existing CAPPED wells. Why is all the attention being diverted from guaranteed quickly ready oil to questionable down the line
oil. While ANWR and or other reserves are used work can be done on alternative fuels, more efficient mileage autos, ways to make shale oil production cheaper(which we have more of than anyone), solar, wind, etc. There should be government incentives to private entrepenaurs, researchers, engineers, scientists, etc. for the best plans. If it was left to the government on their own to supply the solution it wil fail.
Oh, and if off the coast of Florida is where the oil is, sorry, then that is where the drilling should be.
If it is a national security issue(not just economic) which it is, is not Florida part of the nation.

its up to the people of that state, not the federal government, to decide whether or not drilling takes place.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 11:20:55 PM »

its up to the people of that state, not the federal government, to decide whether or not drilling takes place.
I disagree. We need to lift the FEDERAL ban on offshore drilling. If states want to reinstate the ban than they should be able to do so on their coast? I really doubt that states like California and Florida are going to jump for joy.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 12:38:07 AM »

I disagree. We need to lift the FEDERAL ban on offshore drilling. If states want to reinstate the ban than they should be able to do so on their coast? I really doubt that states like California and Florida are going to jump for joy.

there shoudn't even be a federal ban on drilling to begin with.  It should always be up to the states.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 01:12:00 AM »
there shoudn't even be a federal ban on drilling to begin with.  It should always be up to the states.

Exactly. The Federal government needs to get its ugly nose out of everything states want to do.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 07:51:26 AM »
   If anything, there should be a ban against importing fuel from the middle east and places like Nigeria. The risk of an oil spill, like the one we recently had in the Mississippi is greater when third world equipment is used.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 08:04:58 AM »
How about we ban the funding of muslim nazi terrorists oil.