Author Topic: Flight attendant: Osteen's wife threw tantrum  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Flight attendant: Osteen's wife threw tantrum
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 11:27:43 PM »
I despise Joel Osteen. He is nothing but a false prophet, making millions off of his greedy and gullible followers who eat up his "G-d wants you to be rich, G-d wants you to be happy and self-fulfilled" poison. He is a cancer upon Christianity. (And I bet he supports Obama.) I know for a fact that fellow preacher-pimp Rick Warren (of Saddleback Church in Irvine, CA) is a big Obama fan.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 11:29:15 PM »
I despise Joel Osteen. He is nothing but a false prophet, making millions off of his greedy and gullible followers who eat up his "G-d wants you to be rich, G-d wants you to be happy and self-fulfilled" poison. He is a cancer upon Christianity. (And I bet he supports Obama.) I know for a fact that fellow preacher-pimp Rick Warren (of Saddleback Church in Irvine, CA) is a big Obama fan.

I think this will prove to be the tip of the iceberg for Osteen.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 11:39:35 PM »
I can't stand preacher-pimps. Today's Orange County Register (Local, Page 2, Thursday August 7, 2008) printed a breakdown of significant financial figures of the Crouch dynasty (the family that owns the Trinity Broadcasting Network, a disgusting snakepit of televised perversions commited in the name of G-d). Here are some facts and figures:

--Paul Crouch, Sr. (president of TBN) earned 420,000 dollars last year.
--Janice Crouch (his wife) earned $361,000 last year.
--TBN took in 201 million dollars last year, but only spent 141 million. That's a profit margin of 60 million dollars--a greater percentage than even the oil companies are making right now.
--TBN is now worth a total of 840 million dollars.

These frauds are disgusting beyond belief: Paul Crouch was recently implicated in a sexual-harassment scandal involving a male employee, for instance. These parasites make their living by preying upon the superstitions of sincere but backward Third Worlders (TBN is aired in virtually every nation on the planet) who believe that by sending them their hard-earned money, G-d will bless them greatly in return. Yimach schmo to these phonies.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 11:40:38 PM »
I liked Joel Osteen's father but I'm not too fond of Joel himself. However, let's step back for a moment. We all know the mass media would love to tear apart anyone who speaks of faith and the Bible, even Joel's watered down new agey version. I'm giving Joel's wife the benefit of the doubt for now.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 11:44:15 PM »
Joel Osteen is not a good man. He's not even a Christian. He is a snake-oil salesman who has found a way to live generously, without working, by tapping into America's infinite market of sheep. People like him should be hanged by the real Christians.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 11:48:37 PM »
Joel Osteen is not a good man. He's not even a Christian. He is a snake-oil salesman who has found a way to live generously, without working, by tapping into America's infinite market of sheep. People like him should be hanged by the real Christians.

I feel very sad that he took the large church his father built and did this to it. The national voice he has, not just in Texas, could do so much good, but he uses the pulpit for platitudes instead of hard truths or meaningful sermons. Plus there is the question of the whole financial thing.

I truly believe that John Osteen was an upright, good Christian however.

I sadly have to agree with you about TBN, which I think has two sides to it. On the one hand, they really do have a wide audience and a lot of people who had never heard of Christianity did hear about it through their broadcasts. On the other hand, when they say "give us money and G-d will bless you" it makes my stomach churn and makes me feel angry. They sound like medeival people selling indulgences. Daystar is even worse about it.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:56:53 PM by Rubystars »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 11:54:04 PM »
I feel very sad that he took the large church his father built and did this to it. The national voice he has, not just in Texas, could do so much good, but he uses the pulpit for platitudes instead of hard truths or meaningful sermons. Plus there is the question of the whole financial thing.

I truly believe that John Osteen was an upright, good Christian however.

I sadly have to agree with you about TBN, which I think has two sides to it. On the one hand, they really do have a wide audience and a lot of people who had never heard of Christianity did hear about it through their broadcasts. On the other hand, when they say "give us money and G-d will bless you" it makes my stomach churn and makes me feel angry. They sound like medeival people selling indulgences. Daystar is even worse about it.
I don't know enough about John Osteen, but I am sure that his son is a demagogue and antichrist. He is not a real Christian and his lies are helping to destroy millions of gullible souls. The same is true of the owners of TBN and the creatures who rant their poison on it. Many of them are schvartze savages (like Creflo Dollar and T.D. Jakes) who holler Ebonics from the pulpit all day, but the very worst of all is the Israel-born Armenian Jew-hater Benny Hinn, who teaches, among other things, that if you send him a very generous "love offering" and bring the coffin of a loved one up to the television screen, that he will raise the dead loved one from the dead through the TV!  ::)

Yimach schmo to all of these pigs.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 12:02:10 AM »
John built a large church, which could have grown to be a very positive and wonderful thing but instead Joel is turning into the stereotypical "megachurch" which is manipulative and watered down and twisted.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 12:09:47 AM »
I liked Joel Osteen's father but I'm not too fond of Joel himself. However, let's step back for a moment. We all know the mass media would love to tear apart anyone who speaks of faith and the Bible, even Joel's watered down new agey version. I'm giving Joel's wife the benefit of the doubt for now.
I'm with you Ruby.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 12:18:15 AM »
I'm with you Ruby.

Yeah any time a preacher or someone close to them is attacked I try to reserve my judgement, unless it's someone obviously evil like Rev. Wright.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 12:25:59 AM »
I don't believe that the whole "megachurch" concept is even biblical. The true NT model is house churches, where each and every member actually knew each other and were intimately tied to each others' lives. Pastors knew and were the personal friends of all of the members.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 01:08:42 AM »
I think big churches might have their place, but only under truly righteous leadership.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 02:00:46 AM by Rubystars »

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 07:25:41 AM »
It's people like the Osteen't that give Christians a bad rep.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 07:33:17 AM »

I watched a whole, I think 60 minute/special  on this Joel Osteen. This guy made 40- FORTY MILLION DOLLARS last year, that is under SCRUTINY.  THAT is an awful LOT of $. His books are on NOTHING. I saw one at Walmart, it had absolutely NOTHING in it. NOTHING. SAD for people of the christian faith to follow a person that represents NOTHING.  So, as the old saying goes: If you dont stand for SOMETHING, you WILL fall for ANYTHING. I hate to say, C.F., but am glad that you dont like this character, shows you are more grounded.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 08:03:39 AM »
Forgive me here for quoting New Testament here but it is appropriate for the time we are in.

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;"    1Timothy 4:1

Apostasy is rampant in these new "Feel Good" churches. You can't choose and pick what scriptures you want to follow and what you don't want to follow. Even worse is when these people completely corrupt the word of God and reinterpret it to fit thier own message.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 10:32:16 AM »
I agree with you CF. I knew Osteen was a fraud after I saw Alan the kike Colmes praising him endlessly on numerous occasions.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 11:41:20 AM »
Forgive me here for quoting New Testament here but it is appropriate for the time we are in.

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;"    1Timothy 4:1

Apostasy is rampant in these new "Feel Good" churches. You can't choose and pick what scriptures you want to follow and what you don't want to follow. Even worse is when these people completely corrupt the word of G-d and reinterpret it to fit thier own message.

Why.. thats EXACTLY what is going on. I wish that people of the christian faith would read THIS passage. Especially christian people voting for obama. >:(  Maybe you should do an article on that in a paper in your town, Shamgar.  I get reprimanded by folks, for telling people to practice scriptures such as these in the N.T. 
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates