Author Topic: Does anybody here still read a newspaper?  (Read 3191 times)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Does anybody here still read a newspaper?
« on: August 08, 2008, 03:12:32 PM »
So many of them are losing money hand over fist.  With the internet and 24/7 news, they may soon one day be irrelevant, as if they haven't become so already. 

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
Re: Does anybody here still read a newspaper?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 03:18:18 PM »
The only printed paper I get is my local small town's paper and Human Events. Every other bit of news I get online and from JTF.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 03:18:22 PM »
So many of them are losing money hand over fist.  With the internet and 24/7 news, they may soon one day be irrelevant, as if they haven't become so already. 

I have quit my last abbonement this month.

I only get some special-magazines with the post related to my profession.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 03:19:55 PM »
All of my newspapers are liberal pigs! (Spit!, Spit!)
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 03:37:34 PM »
All of my newspapers are liberal pigs! (Spit!, Spit!)

;D amen here too... NY POST & DAILY news looks like a very BAD version of the Enquirer.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline SAMSON

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 04:48:12 PM »
NY Post

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 07:20:34 PM »
I read the O.C. Register sometimes.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 07:22:15 PM »
I subscribe to the RSS feeds of a bunch of news sites via Netvibes.com.  It's easy.  And it sure beats getting your hands dirty reading the physical paper.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 07:34:48 PM »
I on occaction pick up the Seattle times but even it really sucks I don't get any real news from there
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 07:36:48 PM »
"Those who do not read the newspaper are uninformed.  Those who do read the newspaper are misinformed." - Mark Twain 

I think he was onto something here......   ;)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 07:56:22 PM »
Read yes buy no. If I come across one someone leaves laying around I will poke through it however most papers here in NY are liberal rags. Newspapers today have become little better than scandal sheets. Important news is relegated to small articles in the middle of the paper. The front pages are reserved for slutty actors and evil blacks crying abuse from law enforcement agencies. The sports sections look like a spread from Wild Kingdom. The Sunday Newsday has a local story each week about how blacks are being abused by white society here on Long Island. My money can't go to support papers with agendas like this.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 08:07:43 PM »
The front pages are reserved for slutty actors and evil blacks crying abuse from law enforcement agencies. The sports sections look like a spread from Wild Kingdom. The Sunday Newsday has a local story each week about how blacks are being abused by white society here on Long Island. My money can't go to support papers with agendas like this.
:::D O0 ;)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 09:59:18 PM »
Newspaper? What's that?
Oh! I remember those.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 10:00:50 PM »
NO

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 10:13:58 PM »
I never buy newspapers myself, but read them if someone else has one lying around.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 01:12:59 AM »
They're good for laying down a lining for pumpkin or melon carving. Also for painting or bird cage lining, or a reptile tank.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 07:59:16 AM »
Or for walking your dog.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 11:55:16 AM »
Yes, we take the Corpus Christ Caller Times.  (It is still thriving)
Everybody in the family reads it. Grandfather is the only one who reads the comics. LOL

It is leftist slanted and makes me angry. I often fire off an angry reply to leftist's editorials, 'letters to the editor'.
I read all the paper except sports and comics.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 03:46:57 PM »
Or for walking your dog.

Come to think of it, Qu'ran pages would be just as good for any of those applications.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 03:58:48 PM »
I think someone should make a youtube video.  Starting with a close up shot of the cover of the Qur'an with sounds of some dude using the washroom (with some difficulty) only to finnish with ripping out a page of the Qur'an, using it as toilet paper....  flusing the toilet while setting the book down next to the toilet as he leaves the hopper... ;)  I think that would [censored] a few Mohammadans..

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 04:03:56 PM »
I thought a video along those same lines would be cool, but i thought it would also be cool to show someone sprinkling holy water on it and it start smoking and then bursting into flames.   :::D
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 09:20:45 PM »
Actually, my mother (of blessed memory), who was a very wise woman, once said to me that if you can only read one opinion, read your enemies'.  That's why I still read the newspapers.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 09:23:48 PM »
Actually, my mother (of blessed memory), who was a very wise woman, once said to me that if you can only read one opinion, read your enemies'.  That's why I still read the newspapers.
A wise woman indeed...  ;)   my respects and condolances......

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 02:33:59 AM »
A wise woman indeed...  ;)   my respects and condolances......

Thank you MarZutra,

I am very blessed to have been brought up by such a woman.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 06:05:07 AM »
Read yes buy no. If I come across one someone leaves laying around I will poke through it however most papers here in NY are liberal rags. Newspapers today have become little better than scandal sheets. Important news is relegated to small articles in the middle of the paper. The front pages are reserved for slutty actors and evil blacks crying abuse from law enforcement agencies. The sports sections look like a spread from Wild Kingdom. The Sunday Newsday has a local story each week about how blacks are being abused by white society here on Long Island. My money can't go to support papers with agendas like this.

I do exactly the same.  ;D

You can save lot's of money in this way.  O0

Everytime I go by train, I collect there some newspapers like Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung and the Handelsblatt. The Weekend editions are really expensive 7 to 8 Dollar. I like to read them, because some articles are in it who you don't can read online for free, but I am too stingy to spent the money.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani