Author Topic: short Netanhayu speech: it's 1938 and iran is germany  (Read 2858 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
short Netanhayu speech: it's 1938 and iran is germany
« on: August 15, 2008, 07:24:08 AM »
He is not one of my favorite people, but this is a good speech, I think.

Offline Tacitus

• Full JTFer
Re: short Netanhayu speech: it's 1938 and iran is germany
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 11:24:56 AM »
He is a great speaker, but why didn't he defend Israel when he was in power?
No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 03:18:25 PM »
There are a lot of religious scholars out there.. who all say that When Iran and Russia begin the conflict against Israel and the west... this will be the beginning of something truly biblical.   

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 03:34:53 PM »
I know, and I'm familiar with eschatology (end of days philosophy).  Having said that, I really don't want to rely upon a miraculous redemption type of scenario.  I'd rather we use the free will that we have been blessed with and take care of this problem for ourselves.

There is a native indian saying that I think is particularly relevant today:  "Trust in G-d, but steer away from the rocks."

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 04:00:48 PM »
I know, and I'm familiar with eschatology (end of days philosophy).  Having said that, I really don't want to rely upon a miraculous redemption type of scenario.  I'd rather we use the free will that we have been blessed with and take care of this problem for ourselves.

There is a native indian saying that I think is particularly relevant today:  "Trust in G-d, but steer away from the rocks."

I just think that the course seems unstoppable.  That the west has already said that they wont do anything to anyone.   I also have a strange feeling that if Israel attacks first... that Russia may get involved to help Iran.  Putin and Ahmadinijad have spoken in private about sharing such goals... and it seems that the two are in kahoots.  I hope Im wrong.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 08:38:29 PM »
As for the title: It's dead on unfortunately. Personally, I don't think we've learned anything from history, and now it's going to repeat itself G-d Forbid!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 09:29:11 PM »
Weewee Netanloser is a fraud. He speaks a big right-wing game when trying to get elected, but when he was in office he meekly lay down with his tail between his legs before the Nazi Bill Clinton, during the Wye suicide/surrender talks and when Clinton was committing genocide against the Serbs.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 01:18:35 AM »
He sounds like a modern Republican- all talk and no walk!