Author Topic: McCain Takes Five Point Lead Over Obama  (Read 1602 times)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
Re: McCain Takes Five Point Lead Over Obama
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:40:39 AM »
That is great!. Also McCain has lead in the electoral vote for !st time.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=10

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 10:30:55 AM »
Good news. McCains attack mode is paying off like Chaim predicted.
If you look at the map on the site that Ben Yehuda linked to there are some scary numbers though. Obama looks to have a great shot at winning Virginia. This leads me to believe that he pay pick VA Governor Tim Kaine as his VP. This probably would put him over the top in VA. I fear that if he won VA that would be enough to win it all.

Take not that the economy is what people seem to care most about. So Obama and Kaine's lack of overall experience and Terrorism/war/international experience won't matter. It probably will also sway Obama toward NOT picking Biden has his VP (Biden is known for his so-called experience in those matters).

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 10:34:17 AM »
Gallop 1 point difference between the shvartza and MCCain    http://www.gallup.com/poll/109675/Gallup-Daily-Obama-45-McCain-44.aspx
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 10:35:55 AM »
Tim Kaine is scum.  I live and pay taxes here in Virginia, so I have earned the right to feel this way 8)  I agree that Obama has a very good chance of winning here.  I think too much political scum from D.C. and Maryland oozed it's way here.

Offline Baltimore

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 11:10:38 AM »
If Obama picks Kaine then McCain needs to Pick Tim Pawlenty in order to have a shot at MN to cancel out VA. 

Now if by chance McCain's people have figured out that selecting Romney will guarantee MI and not jeopardize any other states then he should pick Romney, BUT I suspect that they would not be able to guarantee that. It is possible that Romney's well known name in MI (his father was Governor) and his supposed economic prowess would give the people of Michigan (who are suffering through terrible economic times) hope and give McCain the state. If McCain wins MI then he will be the next President of the USA. No Doubt about that. If Romney is elected VP then he will most likely end up the 45th President of the USA (McCain may die in office, but even if that did not happen Romney would be well positioned to Run for President and win in the near future).

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 12:52:51 PM »
Now they will burry this poll... and only report the poll that shows Obama ahead.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 01:27:24 PM »
Great!
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 02:57:55 PM »
I agree that Obama has a very good chance of winning here.  I think too much political scum from D.C. and Maryland oozed it's way here.

Two reasons why Obama may win in VA:

1: Virginia whites have become quite wealthy, by and large, in recent years. It is universally recognized that there is a pretty consistent relationship between increasing wealth and increasing liberalism. Upper-middle-class whites are more likely to be leftist for a slew of reasons (they were brainwashed in college, since they tend to have white-collar jobs, they do not view competition from low-skilled Hispanics and blacks as a threat to them, they are able to afford "low-cost" domestic labor, etc.)

2: Virginia blacks, which of course are 100% for Obama, always were a substantial portion of the population and, since they reproduce more than the whites, that share is always growing.  :(

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 03:21:51 PM »
GOOD YAY TO MCCAIN- NO to the O!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Baltimore

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 03:36:26 PM »
I agree that Obama has a very good chance of winning here.  I think too much political scum from D.C. and Maryland oozed it's way here.

Two reasons why Obama may win in VA:

Actually it can all be summed up with three words: Northern Virginia Suburbs.

VA is basically a Southern state until you get to the wealthy and liberal northern Virginia DC suburbs. Lots of voters live there though.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 03:53:07 PM »
Actually it can all be summed up with three words: Northern Virginia Suburbs.

VA is basically a Southern state until you get to the wealthy and liberal northern Virginia DC suburbs. Lots of voters live there though.
That's basically what I said. As Virginia has become more and more upwardly mobile, the northern suburbs have become the real power base of the state. Wealthy/upper-middle-class whites there can live in fancy gated communities that price-out schvartzes and that have security, so it's easy for them to be pro-black leftists. This same trend happens pretty much anywhere whites attain wealth. In the '50s and '60s, California was quite a conservative state, and in the '40s and '50s, New York was too. Now look at them. These shifts were much more due to gentrification of whites than the minority population.

This is taking place in Arizona as we speak, as the whites move from lower-class jobs in the trucking, mining, industrial, and agricultural industries to professional jobs, and move into the suburbs. These are the kind of folks who hire illegals, both in their businesses and for domestic work. It is particularly prevalent in Tucson, the north side of which is absolutely dominated by upper-middle-class "artsy folk" and other idletimers--the kind of folks who plunk down $750 for opera tickets, and by day rant and rave against border fences because of their supposed detrimental effects on the environment while simultaneously planting water bottles in the desert and granting wetbacks rides into town. House candidate Randy Graf and former congressman J.D. Hayworth, both hard-liners on the illegal problem, were both defeated in 2006 for this reason, in Tucson. In 2004, Tucson went to John Kerry for the first time; expect Obama to win there now by a substantially bigger margin.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 04:17:31 PM »
Aside from the fact that there are so many alarming things about Obama and his associations, the fact is that his policies are just plain bad.  Nobody wants to pay more taxes.  Almost all Americans hate iran.  The overwhelming majority of Americans do not want relaxed immigration policies (though arguably they would have to face this with McCain as well).

I don't care why Obama is losing, just so long as he is losing.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »
   This is very encouraging news.    This is in essence the first poll since Hillary Saddam Clinton dropped out of the Democrat Race that has John McCain ahead of Barack Hussein Obama.    And by a significant margin.    Hopefully,   the Rasmussen and Gallup Daily Tracking Polls will reflect a similar margin later this week.

The next 2 plus weeks are critical in the campaign.    The VP selections by both candidates and what transpires at the Conventions could easily go along way in deciding the outcome of this Presidential Election.

One thing that really concerns me is Barack Hussein Obama's upcoming speech in front of 75,000 plus people in Denver.        Though Obama is horrific when he has to ad lib,    when he can deliver a speech with the material in front of him,   he's dangerous.     People like us easily see through what a fraud Obama is.     Unfortunately,   this isn't the case with people who are more gullible and dependent on the media such as CBS,  NBC,  ABC,  CNN,  MSNBC,  and many liberal newspapers.     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/