Poll

What is your oppinion about Oliver Cromwell?

He was righteous and is a great example for us
1 (11.1%)
He was mostly righteous
3 (33.3%)
He was half/half
1 (11.1%)
He was mostly wicked
1 (11.1%)
He was completly wicked
0 (0%)
Else
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: What do you think about Oliver Cromwell?  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
What do you think about Oliver Cromwell?
« on: August 20, 2008, 02:57:54 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Cromwell

What is your oppinion about him?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: What do you think about Oliver Cromwell?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 03:00:37 PM »
Studied him very briefly in high school. There seems to be a general historical opinion that he was a fascist, but then again the establishment calls all devoutly religious persons (except for Muslims) fascists. So I don't know enough about him.  ???

Edit--his treatment of the Irish pretty much proves he was a Nazi.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 03:03:34 PM by C.F. »

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 03:18:45 PM »
I can't compare him to currency. Else.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 05:24:20 PM »
Anti Semites hate him because he readmited Jews to England so he must be a good person
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
"
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 05:36:53 PM »
Anti Semites hate him because he readmited Jews to England so he must be a good person

This I doesn't know. But I heard about that he banned all things that the "OT" banned.

I have read the thing with his execution of King Karls soldiers, the king himself and some of his Irish supporters.

But if I see this in the context of European manners in this time, I don`t think he was evil. The opposite is true, he was for shure no lamb, but if you read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Jakob_Christoffel_von_Grimmelshausen you realize that he was no cruel person, if you compare honestly.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 07:07:16 PM »
Not necessarily true. Many world leaders have, for a time, pretended to be philo-Semitic because they needed Jewish help and cooperation on something (i.e. their scientific, administrative, or economic skills) for their s**thole stone-age countries. A good example would be King Casimir of Poland, Joseph Stalin (who helped the Ben Gurion regime briefly, because he thought Israel would become a hardcore Marxist Soviet vassal state) or some of the Muslim Nazi beasts who ruled the Ottoman or Moorish empire in the Middle Ages (who granted the Jews certain rights, in exchange for their services).

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 07:17:52 PM »
Not necessarily true. Many world leaders have, for a time, pretended to be philo-Semitic because they needed Jewish help and cooperation on something (i.e. their scientific, administrative, or economic skills) for their s**thole stone-age countries. A good example would be King Casimir of Poland, Joseph Stalin (who helped the Ben Gurion regime briefly, because he thought Israel would become a hardcore Marxist Soviet vassal state) or some of the Muslim Nazi beasts who ruled the Ottoman or Moorish empire in the Middle Ages (who granted the Jews certain rights, in exchange for their services).

No this is not true. Cromwell doesn't hated the Jews or tried to use them.

The conflict in GB of this time was between Catolicism and reformed Christianity. It was a Christian civil war.

This was the field of battle.

Jews doesn't play a role in his thoughts in political reasons. But he wanted to enforce the moral part of the Mosaic law. He was like Calvin in Geneva.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 07:19:24 PM by Pheasant »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: "
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 07:22:14 AM »

This I doesn't know. But I heard about that he banned all things that the "OT" banned.

I have read the thing with his execution of King Karls soldiers, the king himself and some of his Irish supporters.

But if I see this in the context of European manners in this time, I don`t think he was evil. The opposite is true, he was for shure no lamb, but if you read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Jakob_Christoffel_von_Grimmelshausen you realize that he was no cruel person, if you compare honestly.
Grimmelshausen does'nt seem like a bad person,but the Hessians used to kidnap all their pesants and make them fight for other countrys the king of Hesse made money this way
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 07:45:46 AM »
I voted 1/2-1/2. At this time of religious war in Europe I think he did what could be expected. The 30 years war in Germany was fought much more savagely and the French treated the Huguenots was equal to Cromwell's treat of  Irish Catholics.

And I think that the overthrowing of the English monarch was historically a very positive event, a great step away from the choke hold of evil absolute monarchism.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 08:20:11 AM »
I voted 1/2-1/2. At this time of religious war in Europe I think he did what could be expected. The 30 years war in Germany was fought much more savagely and the French treated the Huguenots was equal to Cromwell's treat of  Irish Catholics.

And I think that the overthrowing of the English monarch was historically a very positive event, a great step away from the choke hold of evil absolute monarchism.
the French treated the Huguenots was equal to Cromwell's treat of  Irish Catholics.
  The Irish Catholics in Ireland are very anti semitic and anti Israel.The Irish Americans are great i grew up in Irish neighberhood they're warm and pro Israel and have a great sense of humor.But all i read about the Irish in Ireland is they are very pro plo and were pro Hitler in ww2

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 12:48:25 PM »

the French treated the Huguenots was equal to Cromwell's treat of  Irish Catholics.
  The Irish Catholics in Ireland are very anti semitic and anti Israel.The Irish Americans are great i grew up in Irish neighberhood they're warm and pro Israel and have a great sense of humor.But all i read about the Irish in Ireland is they are very pro plo and were pro Hitler in ww2
I know I know, Ireland actually expressed official condolences to Nazi Germany when Hitler had died. And also the IRA and were bff with the PLO and with Qaddafi.