Author Topic: Answers for Ask Judea Torah Show 8  (Read 3071 times)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Answers for Ask Judea Torah Show 8
« on: August 22, 2008, 06:47:29 AM »
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Answers for Ask Judea Torah Show 8
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 02:15:14 PM »
Oh I forgot to change my last statement to a question... Sorry about that.   I"m looking forward to the program.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 07:10:46 PM »
Totally Brilliant. Flawless..  Perfect.   (and that's speaking from a critical perspective!)

If I was to try to detail the qualities that made the program shine, my concern would be that I would miss things out, and it would be a misrepresentation of a perfect formula.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 07:15:11 PM by q_q_ »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 07:18:59 PM »
here is an approximation of the timings..  I will try to improve on it..

0- tzvi - rabbis not knowing how to build the temple
4:53 tzvi - kohen hadol entering
6:43 tzvi - giving up life to save another jew "e.g." army. soldiers  saving each other(or even saving any other jews).
18:00 tzvi geula and miracles
29:00 qq
37:00 tzvi  (on moser)
43  tzvi (court)
48 qq kippot
52:00 KahaneBT
1:06:00 KahaneBT
1:12:00 KahaneBT - rabbi elyashiv, credentials of a gedol
1:18:05 Tzvi Ben Roshel
1:24:50 Tzvi Ben Roshel
1:29:34 Tzvi (modesty)
1:32:26 Tzvi
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 08:08:23 PM by q_q_ »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 02:44:19 AM »
"The show is currently being made, right now.  Now."    That part was very funny.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 02:54:14 AM »
In response to your answer - You said the talmud was being collated in Bavli at that time, so they couldn't have memorized it, but I was thinking about the Gaonic period or at least the early Gaonic period where most of it was already compiled - the vast majority, and at that time Pumbeditha was still a Torah center, wasn't it? 

In regards to the letter that Rav Eliyashiv signed calling the state of Israel the beginning of the redemption, is there a copy of this letter that I can retrieve, either in print or online?   That is a surprising story, but I wonder how many people today even know that that occurred decades ago?    I would like to spring that on a rabbi the next time I hear antizionist propaganda.....

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 03:02:33 AM »
In response to your answer - You said the talmud was being collated in Bavli at that time, so they couldn't have memorized it, but I was thinking about the Gaonic period or at least the early Gaonic period where most of it was already compiled - the vast majority, and at that time Pumbeditha was still a Torah center, wasn't it? 

In regards to the letter that Rav Eliyashiv signed calling the state of Israel the beginning of the redemption, is there a copy of this letter that I can retrieve, either in print or online?   That is a surprising story, but I wonder how many people today even know that that occurred decades ago?    I would like to spring that on a rabbi the next time I hear antizionist propaganda.....

I don't know exactly where to get it. But I know that not only did Rabbi Elyashiv sign it. So did Rabbi Shlomo Zalman Aurbach.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana