Author Topic: You don't mess with the ZOHAN !  (Read 3975 times)

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
Re: You don't mess with the ZOHAN !
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2008, 11:03:59 PM »
This guy is pro Jews and pro Israel as much as Sasha Cohen was with 'Borat'
I take exception to that--Borat was friggin' hilarious!  :::D

I never saw zohan looks stupid. But I did like borat, never liked any other characters of his.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2008, 11:08:28 PM »
I discussed this movie over Shabbat lunch with my minyan and some saw it and confirmed my feeling it was dumb.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008, 01:03:04 AM »
pure dumb, the last ever sandler movie ever will watch.

Jews are shown as perverts

arabs are shown as good guys

america is shown as the problem between Jews and arabs

and that Jews are not different than the arabs and marriage with them is good

I saw the trailer and thought it was pretty asinine. You've confirmed my suspicions. But, honestly, could have Hollywood produce a different movie, you know the one that is not written over the template of liberal thinking? It sounds that they've hit all the stereotypes ingrained into the liberal Jewish psyche.

"I saw the trailer and thought it was pretty asinine," too.
did not watch it nor do i want to.
aka Someone Else

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008, 02:26:00 AM »
I saw the advert for it, text saying "Don't mess with the Zohan" , and it shows a guy doing a kick that is like the full splits, and he wears a little pair of shorts. And anybody that would be messing with him would get a full view of his groin.. and most of both legs.

It looked very very gay.   It was not targetting normal healthy straight men.

I don't know how any straight male would not be put off from watching it just from that advert.

Why did all you guys watch it?

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 11:09:53 AM »
Hello,  ;)

Last night i saw the new film of Adam Sandler "You don't mess with the zohan" ...

I just want to know if anyone had seen the film before? if there is, what you think about it?

i'll give you my opinion later ...

Bye!

*cough cough* ... did you get your answer Abraham?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 09:24:24 PM »
i'm still curious why -

Given that the advert is so gay, people went to see it.

I'm sure that if I had pointed this out earlier, less people would have admitted going to see it!

This is the picture I saw..
http://elvislawsonreviews.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/dont-mess-zohan-poster-2.jpg
with the message "don't mess with the zohan". That is probably the standard advert.

And I just saw one that is even worse (the same kind of thing as the first one, but far more blatant)
http://www.firstshowing.net/img/zohan-poster2-med.jpg

Now.. You could say you didn't see the second pic. Neither had I. But just seeing that first pic, that advert,  I was disgusted.

If a woman was doing that pose, it would have been sexually appealing to most men.   But I could see what the focus was.. the humour, that if you mess with him you'd be on the receiving end of that.. The gay thing is saying "yay, i'm going to see it"!!!!!