Author Topic: You don't mess with the ZOHAN !  (Read 3978 times)

Offline Abraham_Fr

• New JTFer
You don't mess with the ZOHAN !
« on: August 27, 2008, 09:02:05 AM »
Hello,  ;)

Last night i saw the new film of Adam Sandler "You don't mess with the zohan" ...

I just want to know if anyone had seen the film before? if there is, what you think about it?

i'll give you my opinion later ...

Bye!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: You don't mess with the ZOHAN !
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 09:06:19 AM »
It looked incredibly stupid, so stupid that I didn't want to see it.

Offline Angry Panther

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:52:23 AM »
I was embarrassed walking out of the theater...nuff said!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 09:55:03 AM »
No thanks, i've seen enough movies that embarrass Israel, I'll download it but I won't pay a cent to see it.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 10:43:11 AM »
Hello,  ;)

Last night i saw the new film of Adam Sandler "You don't mess with the zohan" ...

I just want to know if anyone had seen the film before? if there is, what you think about it?

Bye!

I thought it was funny, but got annoyed at how they displayed the simplicity of the arab-jewish conflict.  Where you have an israeli marry a palestinian and everybody gets along...we now know that this is impossible.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Yonathan Ben Yakov

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 12:03:16 PM »
pure dumb, the last ever sandler movie ever will watch.

Jews are shown as perverts

arabs are shown as good guys

america is shown as the problem between Jews and arabs

and that Jews are not different than the arabs and marriage with them is good
it's better to have a Jewish State, which is hated by the whole world, than an Auschwitz loved by it.”

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 12:27:36 PM »

perfect analysis!

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 01:26:15 PM »

I saw the trailer and thought it was pretty asinine. You've confirmed my suspicions. But, honestly, could have Hollywood produce a different movie, you know the one that is not written over the template of liberal thinking? It sounds that they've hit all the stereotypes ingrained into the liberal Jewish psyche.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 03:01:24 PM »
Hello,  ;)

Bye!

I thought it was funny, but got annoyed at how they displayed the simplicity of the arab-jewish conflict.  Where you have an israeli marry a palestinian and everybody gets along...we now know that this is impossible.

Shalom Dr. Dan, Impossible is the key Word! Islam cannot be negoiated with, nor it's followers.

Shalom from Dox   

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 03:08:10 PM »
I won't see this excrement--I wanted to, but my best friend reviewed it online and then I did. Her conclusion was right: it is a smutty piece of garbage that states that Jews and Arabs would get along if only the white man would stop holding them back. No thanks Mr. Sandler--I'll keep my eight bucks.  ::)

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 03:46:38 PM »
It must be trash and garbage.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 03:51:19 PM »
Another one of Adam Sandler's brilliant movies: 'I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry'... it's all about the homosexual agenda. This guy is pro Jews and pro Israel as much as Sasha Cohen was with 'Borat'

Offline Tacitus

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 05:11:02 PM »
Isn't Sandler a republican?
No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 05:16:52 PM »
Another one of Adam Sandler's brilliant movies: 'I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry'... it's all about the homosexual agenda. This guy is pro Jews and pro Israel as much as Sasha Cohen was with 'Borat'

Yeah but at least Borat was good at exposing anti-semites. Sandler embarrased the Jews by making us look like metrosexual mall rats with a obsession of acting flamboyant and talking with silly French accents. What a horrid movie.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 05:26:17 PM »
The only thing laughable about that movie is how pitiful it is.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 06:25:30 PM »
This guy is pro Jews and pro Israel as much as Sasha Cohen was with 'Borat'
I take exception to that--Borat was friggin' hilarious!  :::D

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 07:21:55 PM »
Adam Sandler films are nothing more than an insult to the movie going experiance.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 08:17:32 PM »

You're right. I'm sick of this double standard bs. Arabs as good guys are you kidding me?
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 09:04:13 PM »
I actually liked almost all of Sandler's films up till this artistic gem.  ::)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 09:48:30 PM »
I see no humor in self hating Jews like Sandler. I cant stand a single movie he has been in. The ones I suffered through were just re-hashes of his dumb, stuttering speech impediment characters. Has he ever played a character who didnt have a speech impediment or acted completely dumb? And I dont like his Channukah song... My liberal synagogue played it last Channukah and I wanted to barf. What is it that possesses these self-haters to make such poor entertainment?

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 10:04:54 PM »
I see no humor in self hating Jews like Sandler. I cant stand a single movie he has been in. The ones I suffered through were just re-hashes of his dumb, stuttering speech impediment characters. Has he ever played a character who didnt have a speech impediment or acted completely dumb? And I dont like his Channukah song... My liberal synagogue played it last Channukah and I wanted to barf. What is it that possesses these self-haters to make such poor entertainment?

muman613

little nicky was kind of funny.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 11:42:25 PM »
I thought Anger Management was funny

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 01:00:22 AM »
Shalom,

One line in Little Nicky always bothered me... I just looked up the script and apparently what offended me wasnt in the original script. But I have found references to it : http://www.epinions.com/review/mvie_mu-1101377/content_74985803396

http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/2000_Little_Nicky_photo.html
From the angels we get the inside scoop on G-d's brain power. "G-d is so smart!" says one angel. "Like Jeopardy smart!" adds another. And LITTLE NICKY, for all of its coarseness, is a surprisingly smart comedy.

Here is a .mp3 of the clip:

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=Little_Nicky&quote=sosmart.txt&file=sosmart.mp3

I was offended by the statement "G-d is smart, Like Jeopardy Smart..." because it implies that G-ds wisdom and understanding is limited. While Jeopardy is a fine show, it is not the paramount of knowledge and wisdom. It is heresy, in my mind, to even contemplate how 'smart' Hashem is.

In our daily prayers we acknowledge that Hashems wisdom is beyond calculation. Maybe I am just picky but when a Jew wants to be funny and says things which are desecrations of his name I am very upset.

muman613

Psalm 147
1. Praise the Lord! Sing to our G-d for He is good; praise befits Him for He is pleasant.
2. The Lord is the rebuilder of Jerusalem; He will gather the banished of Israel.
3. He heals the broken-hearted, and bandages their wounds.
4. He counts the number of the stars; He gives a name to each of them.
5. Great is our Master and abounding in might; His understanding is beyond reckoning.
6. The Lord strengthens the humble; He casts the wicked to the ground.
7. Lift your voices to the Lord in gratitude; sing to our G-d with the harp.
8. He covers the heaven with clouds; He prepares rain for the earth, and makes grass grow upon the mountains.
9. He gives the animal its food, to the young ravens which cry to Him.
10. He does not desire [those who place their trust in] the strength of the horse, nor does He want those who rely upon the thighs [swiftness] of man.
11. He desires those who fear Him, those who long for His kindness.
12. Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem; Zion, extol your G-d.
13. For He has strengthened the bolts of your gates; He has blessed your children in your midst.
14. He has made peace within your borders; He satiates you with the finest of wheat.
15. He issues His command to the earth; swiftly does His word run.
16. He dispenses snow like fleece; He scatters frost like ashes.
17. He hurls His ice like morsels; who can withstand His cold?
18. He sends forth His word and melts them; He causes His wind to blow, and the waters flow.
19. He tells His words [Torah] to Jacob, His statutes and ordinances to Israel.
20. He has not done so for other nations, and they do not know [His] ordinances. Praise the Lord!

HALLELUJAH!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 02:08:51 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 07:23:24 AM »
Shalom,

One line in Little Nicky always bothered me... I just looked up the script and apparently what offended me wasnt in the original script. But I have found references to it : http://www.epinions.com/review/mvie_mu-1101377/content_74985803396

http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/2000_Little_Nicky_photo.html
From the angels we get the inside scoop on G-d's brain power. "G-d is so smart!" says one angel. "Like Jeopardy smart!" adds another. And LITTLE NICKY, for all of its coarseness, is a surprisingly smart comedy.

Here is a .mp3 of the clip:

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=Little_Nicky&quote=sosmart.txt&file=sosmart.mp3

I was offended by the statement "G-d is smart, Like Jeopardy Smart..." because it implies that G-ds wisdom and understanding is limited. While Jeopardy is a fine show, it is not the paramount of knowledge and wisdom. It is heresy, in my mind, to even contemplate how 'smart' Hashem is.

In our daily prayers we acknowledge that Hashems wisdom is beyond calculation. Maybe I am just picky but when a Jew wants to be funny and says things which are desecrations of his name I am very upset.

muman613

Psalm 147
1. Praise the Lord! Sing to our G-d for He is good; praise befits Him for He is pleasant.
2. The Lord is the rebuilder of Jerusalem; He will gather the banished of Israel.
3. He heals the broken-hearted, and bandages their wounds.
4. He counts the number of the stars; He gives a name to each of them.
5. Great is our Master and abounding in might; His understanding is beyond reckoning.
6. The Lord strengthens the humble; He casts the wicked to the ground.
7. Lift your voices to the Lord in gratitude; sing to our G-d with the harp.
8. He covers the heaven with clouds; He prepares rain for the earth, and makes grass grow upon the mountains.
9. He gives the animal its food, to the young ravens which cry to Him.
10. He does not desire [those who place their trust in] the strength of the horse, nor does He want those who rely upon the thighs [swiftness] of man.
11. He desires those who fear Him, those who long for His kindness.
12. Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem; Zion, extol your G-d.
13. For He has strengthened the bolts of your gates; He has blessed your children in your midst.
14. He has made peace within your borders; He satiates you with the finest of wheat.
15. He issues His command to the earth; swiftly does His word run.
16. He dispenses snow like fleece; He scatters frost like ashes.
17. He hurls His ice like morsels; who can withstand His cold?
18. He sends forth His word and melts them; He causes His wind to blow, and the waters flow.
19. He tells His words [Torah] to Jacob, His statutes and ordinances to Israel.
20. He has not done so for other nations, and they do not know [His] ordinances. Praise the Lord!

HALLELUJAH!

I hear ya...except it was a joke and wasn't meant to be a serious thought...

On the same token, one might look at the Zohan movie as one that makes fun of the peaceniks and that one day everybody will live happily ever after and be married to each other.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 03:23:04 PM »

muman613

little nicky was kind of funny.
I thought the bulldog was brilliant! I fast forwarded scenes with Sandler.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot