Author Topic: Foreign workers take jobs away from skilled Americans  (Read 2558 times)

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Foreign workers take jobs away from skilled Americans
« on: August 27, 2008, 06:53:08 PM »
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusablog/nelsong/august-21-2008/foreign-workers-take-jobs-away-skilled-a.html

Foreign workers take jobs away from skilled Americans

By Gene Nelson, Updated Thursday, August 21, 2008, 9:31 PM

Wealthy advocates of H-1B visas have industriously worked to keep this employer-designed program hidden from middle-class Americans, who are outraged when they learn how it harms them.

In 2002, Nobel economics laureate Milton Friedman correctly identified the 1990 H-1B visa program as a "government subsidy" because it allows employers access to imported, highly skilled labor at below-market wages.

False allegations of worker shortages have been a popular approach. But American colleges and universities graduate four to six times the number of students needed to fill openings in technology fields that are generated by retirements and business expansion.

Consequently, since 1960, there have been more than 30 million graduates with bachelor's degrees who are qualified to work as scientists, engineers, computer programmers and mathematicians (the STEM fields) pursuing approximately 8 million "high tech" positions requiring this level of training. The importation of foreign technical professionals further swells the job-seeker ranks.

Between 1975 and 2005, more than 25 million admissions were approved in just five highly skilled visa programs.

Former Microsoft lobbyist Jack Abramoff helped direct $100 million in political expenditures between 1995 and 2000, enabling Microsoft and other employers to procure employer-friendly changes to H-1B visa legislation in 1996, 1998 and 2000. As a result of this work force glut, real wages in STEM fields have remained flat since at least 2000.

Contrary to Stuart Anderson's claim, this program prevents innovation since American citizens are typically discarded by employers by age 35 — before their inventions can be turned into practical revenue generators.

It facilitates hiring discrimination against Americans. In the April 15, 2007, edition of the New York Times, Indian Commerce Minister Kamal Nath called H-1B the "outsourcing visa."

This program also undermines national security, as 200,000 U.S. science and engineering jobs have already been lost to communist China.

In the late 1980s, bureaucrats at the National Science Foundation found that they could increase the supply of technical professionals by importing them — offering foreign nationals the prospect of remaining in the United States.

This increase in supply depresses wages — an important policy objective.

One measure showing that this government intervention was successful (at least from the employers' perspective) is that a typical postdoctoral research or teaching position in a STEM field (requiring 12 years of education after high school) offers pay and benefits comparable to what a high school graduate earns managing a fast-food restaurant.

University of California at Davis computer science professor Norm Matloff recommends sharply diminishing the size of the H-1B program to about 15,000 admissions annually so that it is only used to import "the best and brightest" — rather than the "fresh [inexpensive] young blood" of average talent currently imported from the developing world.

In a 1993 article in the American Scholar, CalTech Vice Provost David Goodstein pointed out that the American taxpayer is forced to support extremely expensive research universities whose main purpose is to train students from abroad who will stay here and take jobs that could have gone to Americans, or go home and take our knowledge and technology with them.

We are ignoring our own students and using our money to train our economic competitors.

Gene Nelson is an information technology professional at NumbersUSA

This article appeared in the August 21, 2008 edition of The Examiner and is the property of the Washington Newspaper publishing company, Copyright 2008.
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Zionistforever

• Senior JTFer
  • long live zionism, Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim
Re: Foreign workers take jobs away from skilled Americans
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 09:11:20 PM »
what do u seriously expect, these illegals or foreigners are parasites, they are theives, not taking money, but stealing jobs from americas hard working individuals
Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim. Hashem bless Israel. http://www.falange1.com/death2islam.gif

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:15:13 PM »
Totally Agreed! This is going on here in Canada as well as my friends from Europe tell me akin with the North African, Africans, Turks, Asians etc.  A real mess...
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Zionistforever

• Senior JTFer
  • long live zionism, Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 09:54:46 PM »
Totally Agreed! This is going on here in Canada as well as my friends from Europe tell me akin with the North African, Africans, Turks, Asians etc.  A real mess...
when was the last time america wasnt a complete mess.
Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim. Hashem bless Israel. http://www.falange1.com/death2islam.gif

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 11:16:03 PM »
I'm inclined to say the 1920s, an era referred to as the "Roaring Twenties" that was prior to the Great Depression.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 02:01:50 AM »
Imo this programms are no problem. I wish these kind of people were the immigrants that come to Europe.

If you will see this kind of immigration from an other point of view, you will notice, that this highly educated immigrants create new jobs for Americans and improve the economic strength of the USA.

I think the best would be if we would start with the deportation of people who live on welfare, have a criminal record and those who have for the society nothing serious to offer, such as immigrants without education and apprenticeship.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 08:16:06 AM »
I think the problem started economically with the establisment of the Federal Reserve System and socially when America voted against Lincoln to compensate the blacks and send them home...  I'll add to this view of America's decline was the opening of its borders to all immigrants and not the former selection process....re: uncivilized and un-Judeo-Christian Turd Worlders over Ol-Whitey...

I'd say America collapsed just prior to WW1.  The establisment of the "Leage of Nations" and later the "United Nations" is another indicator of America embracing "Globalism" over Nationalism...

My two cents...

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 08:20:24 AM »
I think the problem started economically with the establisment of the Federal Reserve System and socially when America voted against Lincoln to compensate the blacks and send them home...  I'll add to this view of America's decline was the opening of its borders to all immigrants and not the former selection process....re: uncivilized and un-Judeo-Christian Turd Worlders over Ol-Whitey...

I'd say America collapsed just prior to WW1.  The establisment of the "Leage of Nations" and later the "United Nations" is another indicator of America embracing "Globalism" over Nationalism...

My two cents...
O0
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 10:57:02 PM »
Imo this programms are no problem. I wish these kind of people were the immigrants that come to Europe.

If you will see this kind of immigration from an other point of view, you will notice, that this highly educated immigrants create new jobs for Americans and improve the economic strength of the USA.

I think the best would be if we would start with the deportation of people who live on welfare, have a criminal record and those who have for the society nothing serious to offer, such as immigrants without education and apprenticeship.  :)

That is a great quote  O0                   

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 02:13:35 AM »

That is a great quote  O0                   

Thank you Dox  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 01:56:54 AM »
Its seriously sad with these free trade agreements we have with other countries they are bloated with this visa crap. Instead it should only be like 2 sentences where we agree to have 0 tariffs and so do they and if they violate it the deal is off.

The WTO also is currently trying to create more Visa's most directed at America, suspicious?

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 04:40:57 PM »
Its seriously sad with these free trade agreements we have with other countries they are bloated with this visa crap. Instead it should only be like 2 sentences where we agree to have 0 tariffs and so do they and if they violate it the deal is off.

The WTO also is currently trying to create more Visa's most directed at America, suspicious?
The fact that there is such an entity: Word Trade Organization concludes a Global Order agenda.  There is no other need.  I disagree here.  There should be trade tariffs or perhaps different agreements amongst fairly comparable nations. 

Free Trade is a Marxist concept where Turd World inhumane nations like China can exploit there slaves to undermine the entirety of Western economic base via non-competition.  The big lie I was taught under my Business Degree, Public Admin and MBA was that "Free Trade" was a good thing which would "create" competition and encourage technological advancement.  The most bigotted presentation one could accept but believable due to it being present to benighted students from some Marxist PhD. 

The fact is that most of those massive organizations were once American or Western but, either via partnership or outright capital transfer, those companies now do not operate in Detroit but Beijing or New Delhi to take advantage on the slave labor wages, no crippling industrial, economic, financial, legal or politcal legislations. 

The technological advancements which those PhDs argue would be our "competative" edge may well be developed in America but are copied, sold or, in the case of China, stolen within a matter of minutes to a few months post development. 

Ending in that Western nations cannot compete with these dictatorial turd world regimes.  The goal of "Free Trade" is to drain the wealth of one nation to another while one nation, the importer, exports its monies and imports turd world culture via inferior and/or tainted goods... 

"Free Trade" has been a total disaster..