Author Topic: My laserprinter kyocera mita 1800 is finished  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
My laserprinter kyocera mita 1800 is finished
« on: August 28, 2008, 02:39:49 AM »

I have fixed it before with tape and tried all other things to extend it's life. But today it is passed away. :'(

He was really cheap. I paid under 1 EURO-cent pro copy. Now I have to spent a lot of money to buy a new one  :'( :'( :'(

I think I will buy a Kyocera again.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: My laserprinter kyocera mita 1800 is finished
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 02:43:50 AM »

I have fixed it before with tape and tried all other things to extend it's life. But today he is passed away. :'(

He was really cheap. I paid under 1 EURO-cent pro copy. Now I have to spent a lot of money to buy a new one  :'( :'( :'(

Pheasant,

Thanks for telling us!

Nowadays ink-jet printers are so cheap it is cheaper to buy a new printer than it is to replace the ink cartridges. I have gone through a ton of these 'cheap' printers in the last few years. I have a tower of useless printers in my office...

How much are printers today? $60-$80 dollars? That is not expensive.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 02:50:59 AM »

I have fixed it before with tape and tried all other things to extend it's life. But today he is passed away. :'(

Pheasant,

Thanks for telling us!

Nowadays ink-jet printers are so cheap it is cheaper to buy a new printer than it is to replace the ink cartridges. I have gone through a ton of these 'cheap' printers in the last few years. I have a tower of useless printers in my office...

How much are printers today? $60-$80 dollars? That is not expensive.

muman613

Muman, I print daily ca. 250 pages. I have looked for a new one and I found only offers at ca. 500 Euro (ca. 730 Dollar) and up  :'(

Can you advise your good JTF-fellow Pheasant a printer who is cheap in usage. I want to pay under 1 cent pro copy and is cheap in acquisition.

Spending money hurts me very much.  :'(
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 02:57:43 AM by Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:00:47 AM »
Pheasant,

We have used the HP Photosmart C4280. I do not recommend it but it is cheap. It is ink jet.

Here is HP's page on ink-jet printers, cost ranges from $39 to $183. I dont know how that converts to Euros as I dont do much business outside America.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF02a/18972-18972-236251.html

We have also used Brother & Cannon ink-jet printers. Brothers are generally good, but I went through it in a bout a year. Ink jet printers seem like they are only going to last a year before you need to buy a new one. It seems like planned obsolescence {they design them to only last for a limited time to cause people to buy new models}.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&resnum=0&q=Canon+Printers+ink+jet&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

Cannon printers from $79-$443.

http://www.superwarehouse.com/Brother_Inkjet_Multifunction_Printers/b/45/c/2742

That is my experience... I hope you find a good printer.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 03:17:09 AM »
Thank you so much Muman.

The prices are very good, but how is it with the "price per copy"? Is ink there as cheap as laser?

If yes I will make instantly a snap.  :) :) :)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 03:27:04 AM »
Thank you so much Muman.

The prices are very good, but how is it with the "price per copy"? Is ink there as cheap as laser?

I dont think ink is cheap... This is why I say it is a scam for the printer companies. It costs almost $60 for new ink cartridges {3 @ $20 each}. It is cheaper to buy a new printer when you run out. But sometimes we buy the ink cartridges.

muman613

PS: I dont know the price per copy. It must be relatively low. I know Deb prints out a ton of pages and the ink lasts over a month. Sorry I cant give an estimate.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 03:29:52 AM »
Thank you so much Muman.

I dont think ink is cheap... This is why I say it is a scam for the printer companies. It costs almost $60 for new ink cartridges {3 @ $20 each}. It is cheaper to buy a new printer when you run out. But sometimes we buy the ink cartridges.

muman613

PS: I dont know the price per copy. It must be relatively low. I know Deb prints out a ton of pages and the ink lasts over a month. Sorry I cant give an estimate.

Thank you.  :)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 09:23:53 AM »
I have a laser printer (no color) for 70 euro which will print 3000 pages and I bought one extra cardridge for 4500 pages.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 10:20:24 AM »
Laser printers are the most economical on cost per-print basis. They also carry a possible health risk so it is advisable not to keep them in a close room with people especially if there. And some printers emit more micro-particles than others so don't forget to check this spec.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 10:20:39 AM »

I have fixed it before with tape and tried all other things to extend it's life. But today it is passed away. :'(

He was really cheap. I paid under 1 EURO-cent pro copy. Now I have to spent a lot of money to buy a new one :'( :'( :'(

They don't make money selling printers anymore, they just sell the ink!
I have a printer for well over $400 twelve years ago.
I still use it, its an HP.
My sister got a good printer for free.
I think they sell low end and mid range printers at a loss.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774