Author Topic: Mccain chooses Palin - Wow  (Read 22592 times)

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
Re: Mccain chooses Palin - Wow
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2008, 03:36:05 PM »
Masha, does your wife walk 3 steps behind you?

I am a wife. I stayed at home or worked part time when my kids were little. I know what I'm talking about.

My apologies Masha, I did not mean to insult you, but I do think you can do both successfully. My wife has a career and owns a very successful business.  I commute 105 miles back and forth to work every day. We have some domestic help, but I clean house, cook, wash dogs, take kids to school and events. We go camping, fishing and shooting. So our time together is quality time. The kids, even though young, help out with the business. I want them to know that they are always going to have to work hard to be successful. So we all spend a lot of time together which I think is the important part.

You go shooting?
Shooting what?Mussies

I am a member of a local gun club. The club and range is about 3 miles from my house. The kids all have their own guns and love to shoot.

Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2008, 03:38:04 PM »

I am a wife. I stayed at home or worked part time when my kids were little. I know what I'm talking about.

My apologies Masha, I did not mean to insult you, but I do think you can do both successfully. My wife has a career and owns a very successful business.  I commute 105 miles back and forth to work every day. We have some domestic help, but I clean house, cook, wash dogs, take kids to school and events. We go camping, fishing and shooting. So our time together is quality time. The kids, even though young, help out with the business. I want them to know that they are always going to have to work hard to be successful. So we all spend a lot of time together which I think is the important part.

You go shooting?
Shooting what?Mussies

I am a member of a local gun club. The club and range is about 3 miles from my house. The kids all have their own guns and love to shoot.

I would not want to be a burglar and break in to you home your family will turn me into Swiss cheese

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2008, 03:38:25 PM »

I think very highly of you for helping around the house. And I am always very happy to hear about women who can both have careers and have time for their kids. I root for them. However, not everyone can make it work. And being the VP while having a Down baby is a whole different ball game.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2008, 03:42:33 PM »
   Because of John McCain's choice of Sarah Palin as his running mate,    I proudly made a donation to the John McCain 2008 Presidential Campaign.      Thank You,   John McCain!  

Though I still disagree with John McCain on many positions,    I'm no longer looking at this election as voting for McCain as the much lesser of the evils,   compared to the hideous Barack Hussein Obama.    I actually believe that there's now a chance that this country can be headed in the right direction again.    
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2008, 03:50:38 PM »
I think McCain's choice of Governor Sarah Palin was brilliant. 

First off, the Obama people can no longer spout their mantra of "change" being that their man selected Washington old timer Joe Biden as his running mate.  Also, Obama will no longer be the fresh faced new kid on the block.  For the next few days, at least, the focus will be on Palin.  And all this has taken place right after the Democratic Convention, where Obama was hoping to keep his press coverage going. 

Also, the Democrats will have to basically walk on eggshells in going after Palin.  After all, they're the last group that wants to come across as sexists. 

Finally, we should remember that Queen Victoria had nine children, and ruled England when that country was at its most powerful. 

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2008, 03:59:15 PM »

I think very highly of you for helping around the house. And I am always very happy to hear about women who can both have careers and have time for their kids. I root for them. However, not everyone can make it work. And being the VP while having a Down baby is a whole different ball game.

I will pray for McCain and Palin, thier success and happiness. The other option is satanic.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2008, 03:59:56 PM »
I think McCain's choice of Governor Sarah Palin was brilliant. 

First off, the Obama people can no longer spout their mantra of "change" being that their man selected Washington old timer Joe Biden as his running mate.  Also, Obama will no longer be the fresh faced new kid on the block.  For the next few days, at least, the focus will be on Palin.  And all this has taken place right after the Democratic Convention, where Obama was hoping to keep his press coverage going. 

Also, the Democrats will have to basically walk on eggshells in going after Palin.  After all, they're the last group that wants to come across as sexists. 

Finally, we should remember that Queen Victoria had nine children, and ruled England when that country was at its most powerful. 

OMG, the people over at hillaryclintonforum.com are so excited.  My god!!!

And I told my life-long democrat mother this... and she was actually considering voting Mccaine.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2008, 04:01:36 PM »
The more I think about this, the more brilliant it is. 

The Media desperately wants to paint Palin as an inexperienced Dan Quayle... but they can't do this... because Obama has even less experience.

HAHAHAHAHAH

this is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :::D

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2008, 04:04:40 PM »
C.F., I know that women work outside home. I have a PhD. G-d willing, I'll have a book published, if everything goes as planned. At the same time, I took it really slow when my kids were young. And I'm still working shorter hours. I could have probably achieved a lot more and a lot sooner if I were a guy or a single gal, but I've made my peace with it. I wanted to be a mother and I am proud of being a mother. There aren't any shortcuts. If a woman wants to be a mother, she has to make certain sacrifices. Men too, and I do believe in the sharing of responsibilities. But men and women are not equal in the parenting roles.
But your path isn't for everybody. Some people can juggle it all. Even if they can't, some do it anyway. Your opposing Palin being VP pick won't undo her being governor already. We need to roll with the punches and be thankful for what we have.

Another thing I should add is--I don't know if this is you (maybe it isn't), but generally people who feel the way you do feel that all women have to have children or at least try to. I don't agree with this.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2008, 04:09:43 PM »
Masha, Scriabin, and Shiptar, you are not being rational in your sexism. And you are all sounding like Adam613. This is not a time and place for this petty fighting.

I'm not fighting, just stating my opinion.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2008, 04:10:09 PM »
The more I think about this, the more brilliant it is. 

The Media desperately wants to paint Palin as an inexperienced Dan Quayle... but they can't do this... because Obama has even less experience.

HAHAHAHAHAH

this is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :::D

This woman has been more successful in the short time she has been governor of Alaska then the majority of 30-40 year politicians. She has made some great improvments there. The previous governor was a crook and bought a jet so the govenor could ride in style. She sold it on eBay when she took office and flys commercial.

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2008, 04:14:09 PM »
Very smart choice by McCain Imo...in fact I was just saying last night that he should pick a w.a.s.p.y. female...to help offset some of the allure that obama offers a lot of the young people, and people who want to see "change".
I also like the fact that she is very conservative.

Lieberman would have been a huge mistake and would have cost him votes

Ridge would have cost him votes as well due to his pro-choice policies

Romney is boring and would have done nothing for his campaign.

Adding a young, female gives his ticket that celebrity/rock-star edge that Obama has.

Very wise choice by McCain

All aboard the stop Obama express!   ;D
Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2008, 04:26:48 PM »

Was she a 'loving' mother?

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2008, 04:30:27 PM »
McCain is a snake.  he has thrown the election with this pick. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2008, 04:31:29 PM »
If she was a man we would all say great shes everything we could ask for very strong conservative
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2008, 04:36:05 PM »

I disagree, I think if anything this pick will win him the election.  I guarantee you obama is shacking in his boots atm  O0
Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »

Please elaborate. All of us have given reasons why this move helps McCain. Please explain why you this this has thrown the election. Thanks

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2008, 04:40:09 PM »
In hindsight, he could have chosen Joe Lieberman or Mike Bloomberg.  :o :o :o
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2008, 04:41:32 PM »
In hindsight, he could have chosen Joe Lieberman.  :o :o :o

joe would have been an unwise choice for several reasons.

1-he is Jewish.  sure thats great for you and me...but the reality of anti-semitism exists...and it woulda cost mccain some  votes.  Plus Joe is pro-choice if I am not mistaken...yet more votes down the tube from all the hardcore conservatives that would never vote for a pro-choicer/

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2008, 04:43:06 PM »
Well she is Pro Life, Against Gay Marraige, Good on Spending, Against Gun Control. And she is young and could take over the Presidency in a heartbeat. Plus she is good looking that never hurt anyone
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2008, 04:46:39 PM »
So the big objection to Palin raised in this thread is that she won't be able to be a good mother to her children if she becomes VP ?

How has she done so far raising her kids while being Governor of Alaska ?

If that's the best critque of, and concern about Palin, McCain might have made a wise decision.

I don't know enough about Palin to form a solid opinion about her, but I'm definitely not going to second guess her selection based on the assumption that she can't be a good mother and an executive politician simultaneously.

Somehow, I have a feeling that her kids will get all the mothering, nurturing and care that they need.

I'm more concerned about her performance so far as Governor of Alaska, whether she's anti-Islam and pro-Israel, and what type of President she might make.

Whether she can be a good mother to a child with Down's syndrome, if she's elected, is the least of my concerns.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2008, 05:10:05 PM »
Somehow, I have a feeling that her kids will get all the mothering, nurturing and care that they need.

I bet they won't. What time would she get home? What time would she leave? There is only 24 hours in the day.

I can't believe I am alone on this board arguing this point. I guess some people's conservatism doesn't go very deep. What does conservative values mean to you? But, most importantly, how can I trust a woman who runs on a conservative platform and does something antithetical to conservative principles? I guess, she is a total hypocrite. I am simply amazed that no one on this forum thinks it's morally wrong for a mother of a sick baby to run for the second most stressful and time consuming job in the world.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2008, 05:33:19 PM »

I bet they won't. What time would she get home? What time would she leave? There is only 24 hours in the day.

I can't believe I am alone on this board arguing this point. I guess some people's conservatism doesn't go very deep. What does conservative values mean to you? But, most importantly, how can I trust a woman who runs on a conservative platform and does something antithetical to conservative principles? I guess, she is a total hypocrite. I am simply amazed that no one on this forum thinks it's morally wrong for a mother of a sick baby to run for the second most stressful and time consuming job in the world.

Well Masha, according to you her children must have been neglected while she was Governor of Alaska.

Are you of the opinion that her child with Down's syndrome hasn't received the best possible care and nurturing because she was too busy being Governor ?

You might think that Palin is a hypocrite for not devoting her every waking moment to personally care for her Down's child. Palin might not meet your standards of doting motherhood. You're entitled to that opinion.

Using your standards it would be impossible for the mother of any young or ill children to hold a demanding job and not be a hypocrite and phony conservative.

I think you're being unrealistic, and naive about the resources available to the political elite of this nation, if you think her kids are being neglected in any way.

But of course, you're entitled to your opinion, and I do share your sentiment that it is wrong for women to put their careers ahead of providing the best possible maternal care to their children.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2008, 05:41:24 PM »

This is getting kind of silly, don't you think?

Down's doesn't equal sickness. DS is a chromosomal condition that often (not always) brings mental disability and physical ailments such as in the heart, but the latter almost always occur later in life. You have no basis for declaring that this infant is "sick".

I can guarantee you that 85% of conservatives do not believe that everybody has to have kids, that women are supposed to stay home barefoot and pregnant, or that mothers can never work. What is more important to you, fighting fellow conservatives or working for Obama's defeat?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2008, 05:44:15 PM »
the second most stressful and time consuming job in the world.
PS this is way, waaay off. Unless the prez croaks or there is a tie in the Senate, the veep doesn't do jack squat.