Author Topic: She's 17 years old, people!!! re: palin's daughter  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
She's 17 years old, people!!! re: palin's daughter
« on: September 02, 2008, 07:48:05 AM »
Here's the thing:

I think we can all agree that theoretically, it's aweful that a 17 year old had sex and got pregnant before she got married.  And it doesn't matter who the mother of that daughter is..  Getting pregnant before marraige is irresponsible..and to have sex at such a young age especially without protection is tantamount to that idioicy.  WE do not promote behavior nor condone it by unmarried people, but ESPECIALLY a minor!!!  Behavior like this we tend to see in the worst kinds of animals in our society who we condemn regularly.

So on Palin's end, she might have failed as a mother in this regard, in my opinion...and in particular what seems like a possibility of forcing her minor daughter into marraige at such a young age.  Except the reality is that what other choice shoudl Palin have for her daughter?

As far as the media reporting it..I'll be honest..if they want to report it, fine...but report it on EVERYONE!!! and if they are going to ridicule it, ridicule it on EVERYONE!!!  And if the media wants to not report it for some, then they should not report it on everyone!!!

If there is anything i hate more about liberals and the media and people who have power in general are DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!!!!!

Going back to Palin and her daughter and Western culture and society, in particular American culture..  Does her daughter go get an abortion?  No. Is it compassionate to possibly force a minor to get married? It depends...Not many people are so lucky to have a family like Palin's daughter with supportive parents to help.  Is Palin trying to set an example for other people?  How about the irresponsible trash that plague our society?  Hollywood?  Evil whites and blacks and hispanics?  Do you think the majority of them are capable of any type of similar support or responsibility?! Hollywood thrown money at their drug addicted children.  ANd the Evil animals...ha! They keep having 10 kids with 10 fathers!

And what about decent people?  A young girl from an affluent respectable home who's hormones are out of control...what's her excuse for losing her virginity or even getting pregnant before marraige? "Well Palin's daughter did it!"

Our society has gone down the tubes.  We talk too much about pro-"life" and pro-"choice".  In my opinion, pro-lifers have too much compassion for the unborn and forget the life of the mother. Why do I say this?  What if she were raped?  She must have that child?  What if, Gd forbid, it was someone's wife? You expect that family to last if both the husband and wife allow themselves as vicitims to this rape and have thsi child?  Ok, some can pull it off..all the power to them...but come on.  I feel that sort of staunchness in pro-life goes too far.  And then what about pro-choice?  It can easily be seen that the pro-choicers simply want women to have the choice to end an unwanted pregnancy..And to have a "choice" about their bodies...how disgusting is that platform?!  Certain women feel they have a choice for their bodies over an innocent life (well almost)?! I feel sick to my stomach with people walk around freely protesting this just like homosexuals marching proudly for their sexual devience!!  It's a life! You're not supposed to think of ending a potential life that easily!  Many do think of it like that, unfortunately..

I say to both groups of idiots, "It's not the abortions, dummies!  It's our stupid society that makes it ok to have sex before marraige and to glorify having children before marraige and to get divorced left and right!"

I think about the Torah is such situations.  How just it is.  How right it is.  In this regard, what did Chaim mention about posting pictures of pretty women on this forum?  It can lead to someone who wants to hold back to have a certain inclination and forget himself for a split second and have a physical attraction to her and have, even a split second, impure thought about her.  Do you realize how strong a person's libido can be when it comes down to things like this?!  Sexual feelings are strong feelings...So why does our media and society exploit it?!  I just don't get it...It's wrong..it's evil...it's not about terminating or keeping an unwanted pregnancy. It's about how we get to that point of gettting pregnant at an unexpected time when one is not married?  Either we are too sexed up or nobody thinks it's cool to use protection.  The pro-lifers have it all wrong and so do the pro-choicers.  We, all together have no respect for living life and about-to-be-living life.  I am apalled!

And we shouldn't sit there and defend Palin on this issue!  17 years old? Ugh!  We should hate that type of behavior in all walks of life.  Idealistically, we should not have pre-marital sex and we need learn to control ourselves.  And if we are one of those who can't hold back, use a stupid condom!
And I will finally remind you all, I LOATHE DOUBLE STANDARD!!!!  No one can learn Torah properly or learn some other truth if they have double standards.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 07:56:34 AM by Dr. Dan »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
Re: She's 17 years old, people!!! re: palin's daughter
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:18:47 AM »
Dr. Dan, you're definitely 'old school'. You were raised in a different era, and a different America, than the one we live in now.

Pre-marital sex isn't even considered a taboo anymore.

Who knows when Palin's daughter became sexually active.

Truthfully, by today's standards, if she waited until age 17, she 'came out' late.

If she gets married to the father, or doesn't abort the baby, that's about as close as you're going to come to 'morality' today.

And that, my friend, is the sober truth and sad commentary about the state of affairs in America today.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 08:26:38 AM »
Dr. Dan, you're definitely 'old school'. You were raised in a different era, and a different America, than the one we live in now.

Truthfully, by today's standards, if she waited until age 17, she 'came out' late.

If she gets married to the father, or doesn't abort the baby, that's about as close as you're going to come to 'morality' today.

And that, my friend, is the sober truth and sad commentary about the state of affairs in America today.

Yes this is basically right. ALthrough we have to work on ourselves that we reach a higher level.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 09:39:08 AM »
DR DAN,

I AM in an argument about this right now, on my email thread. "Train a child up in the way he/she......" I TOTALLY AGREE with you, Dan.. terrible!!! David is my future husband, I live in a very large bedroom in our house.. I have NO threats of sexual pressure, b/c I AM DECENT.. I was taught that a young lady does NOT do these things- EVER.  I am NOT going to change just b/c I am 43 yrs old, matter of fact, I am STRONGER than EVER in this regard....WTG Dr Dan, you stay RIGHTEOUS, and let the wicked be wicked still. O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:52:24 AM »
Palin is a good mother.  Teenagers often do not listen to their parents.

In a high percentage of films and television sitcoms, they have teenagers having sex. 

There should be some regulation as to content of films and television sitcoms.  They shouldn't have films and sitcoms with teenagers having sex.  The reality is that most actors and actresses who play teenagers are actually about 10 years older than the character they play in a film or sitcom. 

Offline Tacitus

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 12:21:14 PM »
Obama was born to a teenage mother. Maybe the media should point this out too.
No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 12:54:33 PM »
Good post Dr. Dan!  O0 I generally agree with your thoughts.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 12:56:24 PM »
You can be a good parent and still have kids who do stupid things. You can't control your children 24/7 and regardless what morality you think you have instilled in them, they have free will and can choose to ignore it.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 12:59:44 PM »
Her daughter isn't running, and her daughter did something but at least she isnt running to the abortion clinic, she will end up marrying the father of the baby.  And it is amazing this is the issue.  When a Hussein wants to give a green light to Iran.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 01:04:17 PM »
Her daughter isn't running, and her daughter did something but at least she isnt running to the abortion clinic, she will end up marrying the father of the baby.  And it is amazing this is the issue.  When a Hussein wants to give a green light to Iran.

I agree with you

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 01:05:14 PM »

It might be the truth today...but that doesn't mean we give up.

just as a disclaimer..i'm no saint either...It's good to know the ideal...from there we figure the rest out.

As far as Palin's daughter..for what it is worth, I also agree that it is probably the more proper thing.  We aren't talking about rape..and we are talking about a family that will encourage a moral end to something that was immoral.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 01:14:02 PM »
Checking the ticket here no, nope Bristol Palin is not on the ballet.  But A Hussein is.  Would you rather she abort it? Would you perfer that she would of kept this quiet and that would of made her look like a bs artist?  She did the right thing before the press.  And instead of this lets have the real issues that will affect us at the end.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 01:30:25 PM »
OK, unmarried pregnant teenage daughter is no picnic, doesn't sound good, doesn't look good, IS not good - but - THAT'S ALL THEY'VE GOT ON HER!!! The husband had a DUI when he was 22, and she wanted her brother-in-law fired from the state police. Assuming that that's even true.. compare that to every other politician and she's practically a saint.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:00:09 PM by Vito »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 02:00:21 PM »
Checking the ticket here no, nope Bristol Palin is not on the ballet.  But A Hussein is.  Would you rather she abort it? Would you perfer that she would of kept this quiet and that would of made her look like a bs artist?  She did the right thing before the press.  And instead of this lets have the real issues that will affect us at the end.

you're 100% right..but i felt it had to be pointed out.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 02:18:28 PM »
Palin is a good mother.  Teenagers often do not listen to their parents.

Agreed
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 02:31:53 PM »

I agree with you
No no no, Wolf, I TOTALLY agree there too, I however understand that this was just silliness personified.  I PROMISE wolf, I will not EVER give up on bashing obama!! I PROMISE you that!! I wont ever do this on an audio!! NO WAY!
We are CONSERVATIVES, right is right and wrong is just wrong.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 02:34:14 PM »

I agree with you
No no no, Wolf, I TOTALLY agree there too, I however understand that this was just silliness personified.  I PROMISE wolf, I will not EVER give up on bashing obama!! I PROMISE you that!! I wont ever do this on an audio!! NO WAY!
We are CONSERVATIVES, right is right and wrong is just wrong.

that was the point of my original post. Of course i like Palin and McCain still...and just loathe Obama and Biden...there is no comparison.  However, I did want to point out that despite the fact we might love a politician, if there is something wrong, we can just look the other way and complain about the same thing when it is someone we hate. We are a principled movement.  We hate certain behaviors.  Conservative or liberal...I'll be sure a good act by a liberal if i see one also...

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 02:42:53 PM »
What do you expect in a country where we teach our kids how to put a condom on a bananna instead of how to count, spell and say the pledge of allegiance.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 02:44:51 PM »
What do you expect in a country where we teach our kids how to put a condom on a bananna instead of how to count, spell and say the pledge of allegiance.

I SO AGREE Shamgar.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 02:47:33 PM »

What school did yougo to were they show how to put a condom on a bananna
 :o

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 02:50:44 PM »
In Florida we had those really large plantain bananas and it really intimidated me. I have had self esteem problems ever since.

Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 02:55:20 PM »
In Florida we had those really large plantain bananas and it really intimidated me. I have had self esteem problems ever since.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 04:53:35 PM »
You can be a good parent and still have kids who do stupid things. You can't control your children 24/7 and regardless what morality you think you have instilled in them, they have free will and can choose to ignore it.

Of course this is so.  It is a fallacy that every failure of a child is the result of inept parenting.  Parents can do everything right, teach morality, love their children, spend time with them, lead by example, teach responsible behaviour, give their children the benefit of their religion.  All of this can be done, and still it happens that some children will fail.  How easy it is to blame the parents, but the truth is that it is often not their fault.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 08:08:11 PM »
Dr Dan-

"I think we can all agree that theoretically, it's aweful that a 17 year old had sex and got pregnant before she got married.  And it doesn't matter who the mother of that daughter is..  Getting pregnant before marraige is irresponsible..and to have sex at such a young age especially without protection is tantamount to that idioicy."

I havn't read all the posts, not even your whole post, but I would like to comment on this statement.
  I would like to state that I disagree expecially with the last sentence and this in general. I dont understand why she should get all this heat for getting pregnant by what society today conciders young. She is a Noahide, from the Jewish perspective she did absolutly nothing wrong, and infact the exact opposite of the last line you said would be a sin (on the part of the guy), then her getting pregnant. People should look at the real criminals in society in this case- those young ladies who get pregnant and then kill their children (aka abortion). She did not kill her baby, what wrong did she do? Not get a certain certificate telling saying she and her husband are legally married?
 Now dont get me wrong this is completly different for Jews and wrong. But she didn't do something wrong, that we should be appaled by.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 08:14:18 PM »
Dr Dan-

"I think we can all agree that theoretically, it's aweful that a 17 year old had sex and got pregnant before she got married.  And it doesn't matter who the mother of that daughter is..  Getting pregnant before marraige is irresponsible..and to have sex at such a young age especially without protection is tantamount to that idioicy."

I havn't read all the posts, not even your whole post, but I would like to comment on this statement.
  I would like to state that I disagree expecially with the last sentence and this in general. I dont understand why she should get all this heat for getting pregnant by what society today conciders young. She is a Noahide, from the Jewish perspective she did absolutly nothing wrong, and infact the exact opposite of the last line you said would be a sin (on the part of the guy), then her getting pregnant. People should look at the real criminals in society in this case- those young ladies who get pregnant and then kill their children (aka abortion). She did not kill her baby, what wrong did she do? Not get a certain certificate telling saying she and her husband are legally married?
 Now dont get me wrong this is completly different for Jews and wrong. But she didn't do something wrong, that we should be appaled by.

I AGREE with BOTH YOU and Dr Dan, a girl @ 17 is STILL under her mother, it IS the mothers fault, period.
  I am NOT changing my mind in this regard, my family worked HARD so that I REMAINED PURE. I dont ever regret this. I do, however regret the day, where I chose to have sex before marriage, THAT I TOTALLY STILL regret, This is something that is SUPPOSE to be reserved for MARRIAGE.
 I dont care WHAT year it is. Right is RIGHT, and wrong is just WRONG, are people CONSERVATIVES anymore, or just plain "GOP OR BUST BABY!"
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל