Author Topic: Euro strikes six-month Dollar low!  (Read 896 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Euro strikes six-month Dollar low!
« on: September 02, 2008, 03:25:16 PM »
The euro on Tuesday slid below 1.45 dollars for the first time since February as the market anticipated lower interest rates in the eurozone and stronger growth in the United States, analysts said. Thank G-d!

In early London trade, the European single currency dropped to 1.4467 dollars, the lowest point since February 12.

It rose from this level to trade at 1.4524 dollars in late European trade, compared with 1.4606 dollars late on Monday in London.

Elsewhere, the yen fell slightly after Monday's abrupt resignation of Japanese Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda.

The pound meanwhile struck a record low versus the euro for the second day in a row after the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) forecast a recession in Britain this year.

Sterling also reached the lowest point against the dollar for more than two years.

Part of the weakness of the euro against the dollar was explained by expectations that the European Central Bank would need to consider a cut in interest rates sooner rather than later.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Euro strikes six-month Dollar low!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:42:06 PM »
Yes, it will continue to fall for a couple years.   (Probably)

The Euro has been very overvalued... and now that Europe is falling into a recession... traders are becoming a bit fearful of their precious bubble.

I bet the next few years we will start to see another bubble created in E. Asian currencies.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 04:00:37 PM »

Offline Zionistforever

• Senior JTFer
  • long live zionism, Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 04:08:23 PM »
Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim. Hashem bless Israel. http://www.falange1.com/death2islam.gif

Offline Angry Panther

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 04:46:23 PM »
The euro on Tuesday slid below 1.45 dollars for the first time since February as the market anticipated lower interest rates in the eurozone and stronger growth in the United States, analysts said. Thank G-d!

In early London trade, the European single currency dropped to 1.4467 dollars, the lowest point since February 12.

It rose from this level to trade at 1.4524 dollars in late European trade, compared with 1.4606 dollars late on Monday in London.

Elsewhere, the yen fell slightly after Monday's abrupt resignation of Japanese Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda.

The pound meanwhile struck a record low versus the euro for the second day in a row after the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) forecast a recession in Britain this year.

Sterling also reached the lowest point against the dollar for more than two years.

Part of the weakness of the euro against the dollar was explained by expectations that the European Central Bank would need to consider a cut in interest rates sooner rather than later.

Amsterdam here I come! yee haw! 

:D <------------ what my eyes are going to look like after i arrive in Amsterdam.

just kidding  ;D

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 04:48:09 PM »
I can't care less about the value of the euro.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 04:53:27 PM »
DOWN  ;D

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 09:19:34 PM »
I can't care less about the value of the euro.
I don't know where you live but Europe has great influence on our economy and vice versa, a weak dollar is NEVER a good sign and we should never tolerate our government persuing this type of treasonous policy.