Author Topic: Ten Lost Jewish tribes  (Read 6326 times)

Offline Yonathan Ben Yakov

• Full JTFer
Re: Ten Lost Jewish tribes
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 04:27:38 PM »
If native American indians were one of the lost tribes, that would be a pretty neat trick.  Anthropologists generally believe that the indians came to this continent at least thirty thousand years ago, that is more than 26,000 years before Isaac and Jacob.

but the world is 5768 years old
it's better to have a Jewish State, which is hated by the whole world, than an Auschwitz loved by it.”

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 04:34:17 PM »
If native American indians were one of the lost tribes, that would be a pretty neat trick.  Anthropologists generally believe that the indians came to this continent at least thirty thousand years ago, that is more than 26,000 years before Isaac and Jacob.

That is the problem with many of the "wise people" they "believe" too much, not enough real facts. And whats even funnier is how its even presented as facts most of the time, where then we are then told things completly different a different time. They have too much pride (amoung all the other deficiencies and persuit of making $), to admit that they dont know everything they are singing about.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 05:04:45 PM »

No, I don't think so. 

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 05:15:23 PM »

No, I don't think so. 

Look at the video's on the top of the page (NOT the Rabbi, its non-Jewish scientists)

http://divineinformation.com/downloads/default.asp
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 05:37:42 PM »

No, I don't think so. 

Look at the video's on the top of the page (NOT the Rabbi, its non-Jewish scientists)

I will watch the video, but my readings in science have led me to believe that the earth is 4.6 billion years old.  This is supported my geological evidence, namely half-lives of elements.  Unlike the scientists, I do not believe that this contradicts Torah.  The Jewish calendar year was based on Scripture which even most Rabbis believe is apocryphal.  Much of the early Holy Scripture of Genesis is apocryphal, symbolic, or allegorical. 

Let me think of an example of early Biblical symbolism.  In the first Chapter of Genesis, where G-d is creating the world and the oceans and the living creatures, the unit of measurement for time is the day.  It states that G-d created everything in six days and rested on the seventh.  I think that this is clearly symbolic because our day is based on the time it takes the earth to revolve once.  It does not make sense to me that G-d, who actually created the earth, would measure the time it took Him to do so by the same unit of measurement, i.e. one complete rotation of the earth.  The Torah, which is so explicit about weights and measures, is ambiguous about the precise time of one of G-d's days.  So, I believe that a day to G-d is something very different than one of our days.  Also, it would make little sense for G-d, who is eternal, to measure time by human standards.

There is an overwhelming amount of evidence to support the claim that the world is older than 5768 years.  Again, I don't think that what I'm saying is sacrilege.  I am far from being the first Jew who believes that some of the early Scriptures are allegorical.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 05:39:09 PM »
Zachor I feel the same way you do when it comes to science and the earth and universe being old. I believe G-d created the world and universe and life through long natural processes that He also created.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 05:48:54 PM »

No, I don't think so. 

I will watch the video, but my readings in science have led me to believe that the earth is 4.6 billion years old.  This is supported my geological evidence, namely half-lives of elements.  Unlike the scientists, I do not believe that this contradicts Torah.  The Jewish calendar year was based on Scripture which even most Rabbis believe is apocryphal.  Much of the early Holy Scripture of Genesis is apocryphal, symbolic, or allegorical. 

Let me think of an example of early Biblical symbolism.  In the first Chapter of Genesis, where G-d is creating the world and the oceans and the living creatures, the unit of measurement for time is the day.  It states that G-d created everything in six days and rested on the seventh.  I think that this is clearly symbolic because our day is based on the time it takes the earth to revolve once.  It does not make sense to me that G-d, who actually created the earth, would measure the time it took Him to do so by the same unit of measurement, i.e. one complete rotation of the earth.  The Torah, which is so explicit about weights and measures, is ambiguous about the precise time of one of G-d's days.  So, I believe that a day to G-d is something very different than one of our days. 

There is an overwhelming amount of evidence to support the claim that the world is older than 5768 years.  Again, I don't think that what I'm saying is sacrilege.  I am far from being the first Jew who believes that some of the early Scriptures are allegorical.

Yea, but what was said before is even more wayy out of line- things like Adam not being the first man etc. and Indians living on this continent 20,000 (or whatever) years ago.

"Also, it would make little sense for G-d, who is eternal, to measure time by human standards."

The Torah is for humans, it is not in the heavens. The Torah was created for israel, and G-d does make the Torah for humans and does speak to and for humans. And technically we cant even say 1000Billion years, becuase it still would be a limit on G-d, becuase time is His invention, so we cant measure time in G-d's terms, and say 10 million years is like a day, becuase even that is a limitation.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 06:12:58 PM »

No, I don't think so. 

Let me think of an example of early Biblical symbolism.  In the first Chapter of Genesis, where G-d is creating the world and the oceans and the living creatures, the unit of measurement for time is the day.  It states that G-d created everything in six days and rested on the seventh.  I think that this is clearly symbolic because our day is based on the time it takes the earth to revolve once.  It does not make sense to me that G-d, who actually created the earth, would measure the time it took Him to do so by the same unit of measurement, i.e. one complete rotation of the earth.  The Torah, which is so explicit about weights and measures, is ambiguous about the precise time of one of G-d's days.  So, I believe that a day to G-d is something very different than one of our days. 

Yea, but what was said before is even more wayy out of line- things like Adam not being the first man etc. and Indians living on this continent 20,000 (or whatever) years ago.

"Also, it would make little sense for G-d, who is eternal, to measure time by human standards."

The Torah is for humans, it is not in the heavens. The Torah was created for israel, and G-d does make the Torah for humans and does speak to and for humans. And technically we cant even say 1000Billion years, becuase it still would be a limit on G-d, becuase time is His invention, so we cant measure time in G-d's terms, and say 10 million years is like a day, becuase even that is a limitation.

Why do you find it so hard to believe that indians lived in North America 20,000 years ago?  There is plenty of archeological evidence to support this.  You see, I don't have a problem reconcilling scientific evidence and Jewish faith.  I do not take every single word of the Torah literally.  There are many Jewish schools of thought where Torah meaning is inferred symbolically.  I personally find a great deal of enjoyment reading early scripture and letting it captivate my imagination, allowing myself to wonder at the deeper significances of some of the more ambiguous passages.  No I don't think that Adam was THE first man from which all of civilization sprang forth.  I think that Adam was an allegory for the rise of the first recognizeable civilization, (but I could be wrong about that).  The point I'm trying to make is that Judaism and science do not have to be mutually exclusive.  It is possible to believe, as I do, in the Torah and modern accepted science.  To me the arguments between "creationists" and "evolutionists" are absurd.  G-d created not only the world and humans and the animals, but also the systems that keep them all going, i.e. nature.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 06:18:31 PM »

No, I don't think so. 

Tzvi,

I agree with your interpretation. Torah is 100% true and there is no way to argue with people who try to say that it is all a nice little story. Torah can be proven and it can be held up as divine. I will not attempt to prove it here as there are many good resources which explain how Torah is Emet.

Once you start to remove the divinity from Torah then it becomes just another book, not worth the paper it is printed on. I LOVE Torah with all my being and dont really understand why someone would want to destroy the good which Hashem has created.

There are many problems with science today. It is virtually impossible for them to prove that anything happened at any time. There have been issues with carbon dating and fossil records.There are many questions which have not been answered yet the scientists pretend that it is all answered.

The issue whether the day in Bereshit was a 24 hour day is not easy to explain. Obviously before the Sun/Moon/Stars were created it would be impossible to know a 24 hour day because the Sun had not yet been fashioned. And then the other Utterances would also be hard to know how long it took.

This discussion has no good conclusion. Nobody who believes 100% in science can believe in Hashem because Hashem is not physical, will never have form or exist in time and space. Belief requires moving beyond rational thought and into spiritual thought. Science will never understand this...

muman613

PS: What Rabbis believe Torah is apocryphal? This word means of questionable authenticity. If this is the case you must believe that All of Judaism is a joke! Oy Vey!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 06:20:50 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 06:23:19 PM »
I thought the same way (that it is possible), but with Adam it is clearly not allegory. With the age of the world, maybe one can make an argument, but with ADAM it is clear, and it is also clear that he was the first man, that G-d created him from the ground, that he had children and generations all of which are listed (the genealogies). That their was then a great flood in the whole world, and that man comes from Adam and then Noah, and not monkeys.
   And about science their are no FACTS. They are speculations, and on top of that, even the scientists don't agree with each other, and in many times, even the individuals themselves (like Hawkins I believe who sells one story, make his $ and then after milking people with that story, says that the original is wrong, so come buy my new book and theory).

And mum the last part what you wrote the answer would be reform "Rabbis"

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 07:11:28 PM »
I thought the same way (that it is possible), but with Adam it is clearly not allegory. With the age of the world, maybe one can make an argument, but with ADAM it is clear, and it is also clear that he was the first man, that G-d created him from the ground, that he had children and generations all of which are listed (the genealogies). That their was then a great flood in the whole world, and that man comes from Adam and then Noah, and not monkeys.
   And about science their are no FACTS. They are speculations, and on top of that, even the scientists don't agree with each other, and in many times, even the individuals themselves (like Hawkins I believe who sells one story, make his $ and then after milking people with that story, says that the original is wrong, so come buy my new book and theory).

And mum the last part what you wrote the answer would be reform "Rabbis"

That's fine.  You are entitled to opinion, as am I.  I am not trying to convince anybody.  By the way, I am not a "reformed" Jew, or whatever they call themselves.  We have a difference of opinion on this, but I love the Torah as much as anybody.  That I interpret certain parts of it differently should not upset you, as your interpretation does not upset me.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 09:22:38 PM »
I wasn't referring to you as reform, I was just telling Mum when he asked which kind of Rabbis would say such a thing, and I do believe that only reform (or reconstruction, etc) would.
 I am not upset at you, but you can say that I am upset about the faith and trust that is given to the so-called "experts"- the scientists and professors (and also in many ways doctors can be included at this as well). Why is it that when they say their BELIEF it is perfectly assumed legit? BUT when a religious person (I mean Jews in this case) says FACTS it is said that it is belief ( Emuna) and not facts, when the exact opposite is true. The Torah is proven by facts, without any doubt, when science is debatable, what they teach in college (well its mostly crap), but it is debateable. But we put soo much trust in these people, because that is how society teaches people, and whats even worse is that after some years they then change their position (and the new thing becomes "FACT")

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 10:19:02 PM »
I wasn't referring to you as reform, I was just telling Mum when he asked which kind of Rabbis would say such a thing, and I do believe that only reform (or reconstruction, etc) would.
 I am not upset at you, but you can say that I am upset about the faith and trust that is given to the so-called "experts"- the scientists and professors (and also in many ways doctors can be included at this as well). Why is it that when they say their BELIEF it is perfectly assumed legit? BUT when a religious person (I mean Jews in this case) says FACTS it is said that it is belief ( Emuna) and not facts, when the exact opposite is true. The Torah is proven by facts, without any doubt, when science is debatable, what they teach in college (well its mostly crap), but it is debateable. But we put soo much trust in these people, because that is how society teaches people, and whats even worse is that after some years they then change their position (and the new thing becomes "FACT")

You have a point.  Much of what the so-called experts teach is really only fashionable until it is "disproven" by the next incorrect theory.

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »
i heard many times that the Native Americans are indeed a lost tribe? anyone else hear this

i believe taht many of the native americans are a lost tribe

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 05:05:09 PM »
i heard many times that the Native Americans are indeed a lost tribe? anyone else hear this

Really?  What do you base that belief on?

Sounds insane to me.

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 05:11:01 PM »

Really?  What do you base that belief on?

Sounds insane to me.

i was reading some stories of certain native american groups that have some similarities to Jews

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2010, 05:22:05 PM »
I have heard something like this too... I dont know if it is based in fact...

Rabbi Brody has discussed this @  http://lazerbrody.typepad.com/lazer_beams/2005/08/the_trail_of_te_1.html

The Trail of Tears, part 3: The Cherokees, a lost tribe of Israel?

The more Tsa La Gi and I corresponded, the more we felt a mutual bond that seemed to be centuries old. Tsa La Gi fits perfectly the criteria that the Mishna prescribes for recognizing a descendant of Israel - he is modest, generous, and compassionate.

Tsa La Gi writes: "I had "Christianity" forced on me as a kid growing up, but I never made the connection with it. It wasn't voluntary. It was a prerequisite to anything in the small area I came from. I read the Bible, and watched what the church people did and said, and saw a lot of things that conflicted. So much so, in fact, that I decided really quick when I was young that most of them were hypocrites who talked one way in church and acted a very different way on every other day of the week."

Yet, as a child in the hills of Oklahoma, not having met a single Jew, Tsa La Gi felt a deep and personal kinship with the people of Israel in the Bible. "Whenever I read the Bible," he reminisces, "I felt like I was reading about my people, not some foreign civilization that were a part of ancient history. I treasured the stories of King David, the Wisdom of Solomon, and the Psalms. I identified with the suffering of the people of Israel as they endured slavery and escaped from bondage. Moerover, I have a keen sense of history, and learned that various components of the Christian Church had acted atrociously over the years towards outsiders, like the Jews and American Indians." The last phrase hit me like a sledgehammer. Could there really be a connection between the Indian Act of 1830 in the USA and the Disengagement Act 0f 2005 in Israel? Were both tragedies engineered by fundamentalist Christians? (See tomorrow's post, G-d willing, part 4 of The Trail of Tears for more on this subject).

Tsa La Gi is a master strategist. He specialized in anti-terrorist combat and law enforcement. He was one of the officers instrumental in nailing the Oklahoma Bomber of 1995, American neo-Nazi Timothy McVeigh. Later, Tsa La Gi became an Oklahoma State Magistrate. Uncanny, I thought to myself; Tsa La Gi and I became friendly out of his concern for the welfare of real Israel (not the ersatz poor-man's variety that's knocking its brains out to disengage from Hashem and the Torah, heaven forbid). Later, I discover that Tsa La Gi's great uncle and his Cherokee brothers in arms liberated Dachau (see Trail of Tears, part 2), and now I find out that my Cherokee comrade was the the officer that nabbed a neo-Nazi mega murderer. Coincidence? Believers don't believe in coincidence. The Gemorra says that Hashem gives mitzvas in the hands of the deserving. Apparently, the Cherokees in general - and Tsa La Gi in particular - have a special quality that qualify them as deserving.

I looked for a drop of information that connects the Indians of North America to the lost tribes of Israel, exiled and dispersed by Sannherib and the Assyrians in 772 B.C.E., and encountered a flood of evidence indicating that the Indians, particularly the Cherokees, are certainly one of the lost tribes of Israel - some say Dan, others say Zevulun.

Sitting_bull High cheek bones? Jewish nose? Braided and untouched payis? Fringes on his shirt? Was Sitting Bull really a descendant of Israel? Many say yes.

18th Century explorer, trader, and researcher, James Adair from London, author of History of the American Indians who spent 40 years among the Cherokees, wrote a book named Out of the Flame, listing 23 hard proofs why he believed the Cherokees were descended from Israel. Among other things, the Cherokees were fiercely monotheistic who observed the Ten Commandments to the letter. Harvard professor Barry Fell cites an ancient carving of the Ten Commandments in North America as further proof, another subscriber to the lost tribe theory. Rabbi Marvin Tokayer, former USAF Chaplain and prominent Jewish historian, also holds that the Indians of the Americas are descendants of Northern Israel's seafaring tribes, Dan and Zevulun. The additional list is long and exhaustive.

Even so, I wasn't really convinced until I started learning some Cherokee language. Examine the following table (with thanks to the Cherokees of powersource.com in California for their help):

English

Cherokee

Hebrew

camel

Ge'mili

gamal

dog

Qi'li

qelev

egg

We'tsi

betsa

mosquito

To'si

yetosh

turtle

Du'si

tsav

The Lord

Adon'vido

adonoi

tree

atsina

etz

As you can see, the phonetic similarities are astounding.

Why did America persecute the Indians? What does the common background and common suffering of the Cherokees and the Jews teach us about the future? How does Tsa La Gi envision the future moves of the American government? What does all this have to do with the imminent coming of Moshiach? G-d willing, we'll find out tomorrow, in Part 4 of The Trail of Tears.

Although this site seems to refute this evidence : http://jewsforjudaism.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=330:are-the-american-indians-of-israelite-descent&catid=142:mormons&Itemid=505

Is appears though that some other Rabbis have believed that American Indians may be the lost tribes:

http://www.torah.org/learning/hamaayan/5767/vayigash.html
R' Menashe believed that a prerequisite to the coming of mashiach was that the Jewish People be dispersed to every corner of the globe. To this end, he traveled to England in 1655 to persuade Oliver Cromwell to annul the almost four-century old expulsion of the Jews from England. R' Menashe also authored Mikveh Yisrael in which he argued that the American Indians are the "Ten Lost Tribes" (see inside pages of this issue).

http://www.breslev.co.il/articles/society/noahide_world/kabbala_and_the_cherokees.aspx?id=15178&language=english
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:40:45 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2010, 05:47:51 PM »
This is pure Mormon doctrine.

No basis in anything other than "wishful thinking" combined with ignorance about proper documentation.

However, I'm more than willing to watch Rabbi Lazer Brody be buried up to his chin in an ant hill with honey poured all over his head.

The Indians can explain to him that "It's a TRADITION!" ... something the Lost Tribes have always done to the "Unlost Tribes" as a sign of "fraternal greeting".

Maybe they pay wholesale prices for guns and fire water!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2010, 06:04:18 PM »
Re:  "certain native american groups that have some similarities to Jews "

Yeah.

Every time they catch a white man they cut off his penis.

Just for starters, I mean.

Very similar to Jews.

Jews would have never been stupid enough to sell Manhattan to the white man for a bag of beads and clam shells!

The languages of the American Indians is of Tungusic derivation -- sharing the same root elements as Chinese and some other East Asian languages.

Every time I read some such "amazing discovery" written by a rabbi with a website; one based on pure speculation, and using ridiculousness as evidence for its beliefs, I am more prone to never want to hear or read another word from such a bozo.

Mystics steeped in metaphysics should stick to what they know.

If they're so desperate for kesef that they feel pressured to author articles of dubious scholarship in order to hold the interest of their web readers, then they should give up their website business and return to being Torah Jews.

Offline Mizrahi 4 LIFE

• Full JTFer
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2010, 06:07:35 PM »
Re:  "certain native american groups that have some similarities to Jews "

Yeah.

Every time they catch a white man they cut off his penis.

Just for starters, I mean.

Very similar to Jews.

Jews would have never been stupid enough to sell Manhattan to the white man for a bag of beads and clam shells!

The languages of the American Indians is of Tungusic derivation -- sharing the same root elements as Chinese and some other East Asian languages.

Every time I read some such "amazing discovery" written by a rabbi with a website; one based on pure speculation, and using ridiculousness as evidence for its beliefs, I am more prone to never want to hear or read another word from such a bozo.

Mystics steeped in metaphysics should stick to what they know.

If they're so desperate for kesef that they feel pressured to author articles of dubious scholarship in order to hold the interest of their web readers, then they should give up their website business and return to being Torah Jews.

isint possible that they would have assimilmilated within the population

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2010, 06:22:14 PM »
Apparently this is not just a few Rabbis who have said this... Though I presume the DNA test would be the ultimate proof or disproof...

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2010, 06:31:43 PM »
Apparently this is not just a few Rabbis who have said this... Though I presume the DNA test would be the ultimate proof or disproof...

What DNA test?  How do they know what is the DNA composition of the 10 lost tribes?

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 06:48:41 PM »
My mothers side of my family are Portuguese Marrano/Crypto Jews. 

If this (Indians are Israelites) were true, it would make my Dad a Jew, which he is not- he is Iroquois, and the Native Americans were about as far away from G-d as a people could get.

They served the creation.  My father, though a "Christian" is pretty paganisitic.  Without any disrespect to the nice sane gentile & Christians here, he is not like any of you, believe you me.
Bitter divorce, serious drinker, etc. Yes, he served in the Military, and I love my dad, but what a NUT.

Thank GOD for my Nanas influence on my moms mom-else, I would have def. wound up a heathen pig b/c of my fathers rebellious nature as Iroquois.
This is proof that people should marry their own people so their kids dont end up nutty and insane.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2010, 07:05:16 PM »
My mothers side of my family are Portuguese Marrano/Crypto Jews. 

If this (Indians are Israelites) were true, it would make my Dad a Jew, which he is not- he is Iroquois, and the Native Americans were about as far away from G-d as a people could get.

They served the creation.  My father, though a "Christian" is pretty paganisitic.  Without any disrespect to the nice sane gentile & Christians here, he is not like any of you, believe you me.
Bitter divorce, serious drinker, etc. Yes, he served in the Military, and I love my dad, but what a NUT.

Thank G-d for my Nanas influence on my moms mom-else, I would have def. wound up a heathen pig b/c of my fathers rebellious nature as Iroquois.
This is proof that people should marry their own people so their kids dont end up nutty and insane.

AsheDina,

Apparently the Cherokees were monotheistic and kept the 10 commandments {according to a historian who spent time with the tribes in the 1700s}... I don't know much about this to argue, but if what is said is true, there may be something here.... Of course any native American indian would have to convert to Judaism in order to be considered a Jew...

18th Century explorer, trader, and researcher, James Adair from London, author of History of the American Indians who spent 40 years among the Cherokees, wrote a book named Out of the Flame, listing 23 hard proofs why he believed the Cherokees were descended from Israel. Among other things, the Cherokees were fiercely monotheistic who observed the Ten Commandments to the letter. Harvard professor Barry Fell cites an ancient carving of the Ten Commandments in North America as further proof, another subscriber to the lost tribe theory. Rabbi Marvin Tokayer, former USAF Chaplain and prominent Jewish historian, also holds that the Indians of the Americas are descendants of Northern Israel's seafaring tribes, Dan and Zevulun. The additional list is long and exhaustive.

I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information @ this site but here it is:

http://www.asis.com/users/stag/americab.html

The following is from the note accompanying a picture of a rock face in New Mexico:
"The Las Lunas Decalogue is an example of early Hebrew script resembling Phoenician writing(cir. 1000 B.C.E.) under Greek influence............it consists of nine lines, reading from right to left. It is a summary of the Ten Commandments from Exodus 20:2-17."

* 'I am Hashem your G-d that brought you out of the lands of Egypt.'
    * 1. You shall not have any other gods besides me.
    * 2. You shall not make for yourself any graven image.
    * 3. You shall not take the name of Hashem in vain.
    * 4. Remember the day of the Sabbath, to keep it holy.
    * 5. Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be
      long on the land which Hashem your G-d is giving to you.
    * 6. You shall not murder.
    * 7. You shall not commit adultery.
    * 8. You shall not steal.
    * 9. You shall not testify against your neighbor as a false witness.
    * 10. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor anything of your
      neighbor's.

Obviously I do not know for sure but I am not so quick to dismiss these theories... And it is true that we don't know what the DNA of the Lost Tribes would be like, but wouldn't their DNA be similar to the DNA of Judah?

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:12:44 PM by muman613 »

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2010, 07:15:02 PM »
Its possible, I am sure, Muman but NOT Iroquois, these are savage people not caring about Commandments. Not now, no--- but it is in them, where do you think I get this terrible demeanor and bad temper??
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates