Author Topic: Russia OKs S-300 Sale To Iran!  (Read 4864 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Russia OKs S-300 Sale To Iran!
« on: September 07, 2008, 10:49:30 AM »
MOSCOW [MENL] -- Russia has approved the sale of the S-300PMU2 air defense system to Iran.    Russian government sources said Prime Minister Vladimir Putin approvedthe sale of the S-300 surface-to-air missile system to Iran in 2008. The sources said the two countries have concluded delivery and other arrangements for the export of the air defense platform.

reports: MiddleEastNewsline

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Russia OKs S-300 Sale To Iran!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 11:00:36 AM »
I hope this is a hoax. This system is not the usual trash, that Russians sell to emerging nations.

It is absolutly deadly for any jet. Theoretically you can shoot down with it greater ballistic missles.

Plus the quranimals in Teheran have already a system for the low and middle altitudes. And this is the newest development level too. Tor

If the system is operational I highly doubt that an attack by Israel will be successfull.

Israel has to attack the quranimals now!
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 11:09:44 AM »
I hope this is a hoax. This system is not the usual trash, that Russians sell to emerging nations.

It is absolutly deadly for any jet. Theoretically you can shoot down with it greater ballistic missles.

Plus the quranimals in Teheran have already a system for the low and middle altitudes. And this is the newest development level too. Tor

If the system is operational I highly doubt that an attack by Israel will be successfull.

Can this system see all fighter airplanes, i.e. also stealth airplanes?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 11:11:14 AM »
Iran must be in urgent need of getting attacked before S-300 is either delivered or installed or commissioned.  O0

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 11:14:07 AM »
What do the Iranians have for an army right now? How strong is it ?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 11:16:39 AM »

Can this system see all fighter airplanes, i.e. also stealth airplanes?

All systems have to a certain degree problems with real stealth bombers. But the system can locate for shure a football in 150 km distance. So it is possible to likely  :(

It works with different radar systems. There is not only one radar-unit, but different ones with different abilities and tasks.

The whole system is very very good.  :( :( :(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 11:23:24 AM »
Stealth Bombers are not invincible. Further they also suffer from slow speeds. However in combination with Raptors, they can become deadly.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 11:27:43 AM »

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 11:35:20 AM »
Iran Army:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Iran

S-300 Missile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-300

The S-300PMU-2 Favorite (Russian C-300ПМУ-2 Фаворит – Favourite, DoD designation SA-20B), introduced in 1997, is an upgrade to the S-300PMU-1 with range extended once again to 195 km (121 mi) with the introduction of the 48N6E2 missile. This system is apparently capable against not just short range ballistic missiles, but now also medium range tactical ballistic missiles. It uses the 83M6E2 command and control system, consisting of the 54K6E2 command post vehicle and the 64N6E2 surveillance/detection radar. It employs the 30N6E2 fire control/illumination and guidance radar. Like the S-300PMU-1, 12 TELs can be controlled, with any mix of 5P85SE2 self propelled and 5P85TE2 trailer launchers. Optionally it can make use of the 96L6E all altitude detection radar and 76N6 low altitude detection radar, just like the S-300PMU-1.[1]

Sorry I got the wrong development version - now it is correct  :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 11:37:29 AM by Pheasant »

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 11:41:10 AM »
How does the S-300 compare to other systems?

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 11:55:49 AM »

It is similar to the NATO-System Patriot and I think equal

Tor1 is similar to Hawk but much better

Strela 3 is similar to Fliegerfaust or better known as Stinger II and at least so effective.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 11:57:26 AM »

Strela 3 is similar to Fliegerfaust or better known as Stinger II and at least so effective.

So ? Was the Patriot system able to intercept all missiles during the first gulf war?! I don't think so.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 11:59:02 AM »
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 12:05:03 PM by Dan »

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 12:04:42 PM »

So ? Was the Patriot system able to intercept all missiles during the first gulf war?! I don't think so.

It is so difficult to intercept missles, because even intermediate-range missile leave the atmosphere of the earth and then come back in and develop incredeble speed.

The most speedy jet of the Israeli Air Force is against such a missle a lame duck.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 12:08:33 PM »

It is so difficult to intercept missles, because even intermediate-range missile leave the atmosphere of the earth and then come back in and develop incredeble speed.

The most speedy jet of the Israeli Air Force is against such a missle a lame duck.

So in that case, if the USA wants to repeat the opening salvo it gave on bagdad, we shouldn't worry that the thousands of tomwahawks miss their targets, aren't we?

Do we need jets to fly into Iran, to cripple it's defences?!

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 12:25:02 PM »
The only sane solution to break through the air-defense is in fact to sent cruise missiles in the first wave. The quranimals have not endless rockets, because this system is a little too advanced for their technique abilities. So you wait until they have fired their rockets and then you make a snap. But I don't know if Israel has hundreds of cruise missles.  :-\

One thing is for shure. It will not work like the last time with Osirak.

If the Russians are really so evil to give the quranimals this advanced system, the USA have to do it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 12:29:06 PM by Pheasant »

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 01:45:53 PM »
The only sane solution to break through the air-defense is in fact to sent cruise missiles in the first wave. The quranimals have not endless rockets, because this system is a little too advanced for their technique abilities. So you wait until they have fired their rockets and then you make a snap. But I don't know if Israel has hundreds of cruise missles.  :-\

If the Russians are really so evil to give the quranimals this advanced system, the USA have to do it.

The USA is arming Saudi-Arabia, ... who's citizens did the 9-11 atacks.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 02:34:38 PM »
It appears that in typical Iranian situation, the cruise missiles may not be effective as primary weapons. Rather deep bunker penetrating bombs or missiles can be useful to strike deep into their atomic installations. If they are too deep, then mini nukes can be most useful to block their entrances and render them useless. 

Once this succeeds, the cruise missiles can play their part.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 02:52:55 PM »

The USA is arming Saudi-Arabia, ... who's citizens did the 9-11 atacks.

I basically do not find a paradox in the situation that all the three super powers support the muzzies in one way or the other.

It stems from the diplomatic capabilities of various muzzies that they are able to fool the super powers in such a manner, that the bigger the super power the bigger the fool it turns out to be.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 04:13:02 PM »
The only strategic solution is energy independence.

The tactical solution is to declare the state of war with Iran and make a statement that any arms shipment to Iran will be destroyed at any point from point A to point B.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 04:25:15 PM »
It may be that once the initiative is lost, other things may remain only rituals and mere rhetoric's.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 04:39:18 PM »
Perhaps Israel should consider using some of its "unhappier" weapons.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 05:25:27 PM »
I believe this is the same system that was sold to Syria to which Israel had a jamming device to which they sent in the IAF to bomb the railroad cars containing nuclear/missile material a few months back no? 
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 05:47:24 PM »
I believe this is the same system that was sold to Syria to which Israel had a jamming device to which they sent in the IAF to bomb the railroad cars containing nuclear/missile material a few months back no? 

No I think the Russians sold the Syrians this System. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantsir-S1

It is only for Short Range Air Defense.  You can compare it with the NATO System Roland.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_missile

:)