Author Topic: Someone translate this for me(Hebrew)  (Read 2510 times)

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
Someone translate this for me(Hebrew)
« on: September 09, 2008, 03:34:45 AM »
I'm a bit weak on Hebrew so could anyone tell me what this is: פאלן

It's in a email and supposedly it says Palin and her Hebrew name comes up to 666, which makes no sense.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:41:09 AM by Chaim Ben Pesach »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Someonte translat this for me(Hebrew)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 04:09:49 AM »

It's in a email and supposedly it says Palin and her Hebrew name comes up to 666, which makes no sense.

Hello GGG,

Yes that spells Palin. But I dont know about the # 666... What is the significance of this number? It does not occur in the Torah and has no meaning to a Jew.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:19:23 AM »
Shalom,

According to the Gematria charts I am looking at there is no way that this name = 666...

http://www.inner.org/gematria/gemchart.php

In hebrew each letter represents a numerical value. I used the chart and come up with the following:
           ordinal absolute
פ peh = 17       80
א alef = 1         1
ל lamed = 11     30
ן final nun = 25   700

By either of these methods the total is either 54 or 811...

I dont know what method they used to get this particular #.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 04:55:28 AM »
No, the numerical value of her last name is 181, not 666.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:00:24 AM »
No, the numerical value of her last name is 181, not 666.

Which method of gematria was used?

muman613

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 05:24:26 AM »

Hello GGG,

Yes that spells Palin. But I dont know about the # 666... What is the significance of this number? It does not occur in the Torah and has no meaning to a Jew.

muman613

Good morning Muman. In Christian beliefs 666 is the "mark of the beast", specifically relating to the Anti-Christ foretold to appear in the end times. Discussed in detail in the NT book of Revelation. It is written that those who choose to side against G-d will take the mark forever seperating them from G-d.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 05:36:17 AM »
the values we use for hebrew letters are

1-10  20,30,40, 100,..400

randomly doing gematria on peoples' names is just a silly game.

worth noting that whatever the gematria is on the well respect former israeli chief rabbi herzog's surname. His secular politician son and his (apparently) worse grandson would be the same.

I heard that rabbi kahane referred to  the secular politician son and former president, as "vinegar the son of wine".

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 11:40:28 AM »
                                                                                                     בס''ד

That is not the correct way to write Sarah Palin's name in Hebrew. This is the correct way:

פיילין

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 02:31:08 PM »

Hello GGG,

muman613

Good morning Muman. In Christian beliefs 666 is the "mark of the beast", specifically relating to the Anti-Christ foretold to appear in the end times. Discussed in detail in the NT book of Revelation. It is written that those who choose to side against G-d will take the mark forever seperating them from G-d.

In Damien Omen 2 they had the 666 number. He was a little demon from hell, but obama is WORSE than Damien. Obama reminds me of that TV show Soap, where the kid pukes all over. 
  Maybe some people are just straight up evil like Esau, or become evil.  I dont think Palin is evil, not at all. She is just a busy woman, that has good smarts, hopefully she will tell these terrible people to leave Israel ALONE. 
  I dont know about America, I am worried. I see people in an emotional frenzy all over, and I REFUSE to get caught up in this mess. People are wrong now, not right, and they want to call it right, and damn you for it, when you are indeed right and they are very wrong, and NOBODY will listen to ANYBODY to save their lives, OR their childrens lives, they damn you if you care, and call you self-righteous. If you try to show a better angle, people DUMP all over you and threaten with lawsuits, when you try to get them out of your life, they call you a coward.
   I dont know this nation anymore.  I dont know these people, it is so off, I DONT WANT to become immoral, bitter, or unloving, but I AM TIRED for having to take up for what is right, and get SLAMMED for it, my mother called a lunatic that needs a lobatamy, my sister white trash, me a loser, my family scuz. Or whatever. I AM SICK OF IT. SICK OF THIS.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 02:37:39 PM »

Hello GGG,

muman613

In Damien Omen 2 they had the 666 number. He was a little demon from hell, but obama is WORSE than Damien. Obama reminds me of that TV show Soap, where the kid pukes all over. 
  Maybe some people are just straight up evil like Esau, or become evil.  I dont think Palin is evil, not at all. She is just a busy woman, that has good smarts, hopefully she will tell these terrible people to leave Israel ALONE. 
  I dont know about America, I am worried. I see people in an emotional frenzy all over, and I REFUSE to get caught up in this mess. People are wrong now, not right, and they want to call it right, and damn you for it, when you are indeed right and they are very wrong, and NOBODY will listen to ANYBODY to save their lives, OR their childrens lives, they damn you if you care, and call you self-righteous. If you try to show a better angle, people DUMP all over you and threaten with lawsuits, when you try to get them out of your life, they call you a coward.
   I dont know this nation anymore.  I dont know these people, it is so off, I DONT WANT to become immoral, bitter, or unloving, but I AM TIRED for having to take up for what is right, and get SLAMMED for it, my mother called a lunatic that needs a lobatamy, my sister white trash, me a loser, my family scuz. Or whatever. I AM SICK OF IT. SICK OF THIS.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Someone translate this for me(Hebrew)
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 02:44:06 PM »
Quote from: Chaim Ben Pesach on Today at 11:40:28 AM
                                                                                                     בס''ד

That is not the correct way to write Sarah Palin's name in Hebrew. This is the correct way:

פיילין

what number does that make?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 03:24:51 PM »
This leftists are so low. Now they smear Palin of being the anti-christ. I have seen in the last week so much smearing stuff about her, I wonder what will be the next.  :(

I thought leftists don't believe in god, but in the spirit of historic-progress.  ::)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 03:48:43 PM »
Liberals had no interest in religion before, but now they are bypassing it and going straight to GEMATRIA in order to smear Sarah Palin?  They must be scared.

Do you know what I consider as the greatest joke in this discussion?

The book of revelation is originally written in Greek. So it would be logically to spell Palins name in Greek. The letters from alpha to omega have a numeric-value too.

But they mix everything up in order to reach their goals. They are so twisted.  :(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »
Quote from: Chaim Ben Pesach on Today at 11:40:28 AM
                                                                                                     בס''ד

פיילין

what number does that make?

incase you need to refresh your memory
http://www.bible-codes.org/images/gematria-table-small-bible-codes.jpg

80+10+10+30+10+50

=190

spelt like that. If you had an aleph then you wouldn't get a round number, you'd get a 1 there like judea got.

And I treated the nun like a regular.

Apparently a final nun might be 700 instead of 50.

80+10+10+30+10+700
=840

so still certainly not 666 !

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 02:15:17 PM »
Anyway 666 is not a bad # in Judaism. (I dont know much, but it *might*, be concidered something good- b/c it could do something with the perfection of the Vavim- Which represents the Torah or something like that (If it has any meaning, or maybe it doesn't at all).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 04:44:47 PM »
Anyway 666 is not a bad # in Judaism. (I dont know much, but it *might*, be concidered something good- b/c it could do something with the perfection of the Vavim- Which represents the Torah or something like that (If it has any meaning, or maybe it doesn't at all).

You can't just play guessing games.

The next thing you're going to guess and hope for is that 911 is a positive number in judaism. Or maybe you won't, since 911  is not a "competing" religion.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 05:02:39 PM »

You can't just play guessing games.

The next thing you're going to guess and hope for is that 911 is a positive number in judaism. Or maybe you won't, since 911  is not a "competing" religion.

q_q_,

I believe Tvzi is speaking the truth. I have heard it said that because 6 represents the the mundane (as in six work days, then Shabbat) repeated three times represents the physical world.

Let me see if I can find a source to back up my assertion:
http://ohr.edu/ask/ask277.htm

Dear Professor Bar-Lev and M. Brinn,

Oh, I can't tell you the answer to your question....It's a mystical secret!

Just kidding. Sort of. The truth is that the key to mystical secrets are not in any book, they're in your heart. Even if someone "reveals" a "kabbalistic secret," it remains a secret as long as you are not able to understand it. (So have no fear: The secrets of Kabbala are perfectly safe with Madonna.) But I will explain as much as I know on the subject:

The number 666 has significance as the numerical value of the Hebrew verse: "Ata yigdal na koach Ado-nai -- Now, I pray, let the Power of my Lord be great." (Numbers 14:17). This was Moshe's prayer invoking Divine Mercy on behalf of the Jewish People.

"Mosad Hayesod" cites the Vilna Gaon's commentary on the Zohar that "the number 666 contains hidden within it exalted and lofty messianic potential." No other explanation is offered there.

We do know that the number six represents the physical world. The Torah describes the creation of the universe as a six part, six day, process. Our ancient sources describe the universe as emanating in six directions -- north, south, east, west, up, down -- from a central point. All physical space and all physical objects have these six dimensions.

666 is six repeated three times. Repeating a concept three times represents the affirmation and strength of that concept. The number 666 could thus represent the strength and perfection of the physical world, which Judaism teaches will occur in the messianic era, when the physical world will reach its ultimate purpose, to be a vehicle through which the created experience the Creator.

I hope this answers what Judaism thinks of 666...

muman613

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 05:10:47 PM »
Good points Muman, but would be 777 not the more suitable number for the Messianic area?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 05:15:51 PM »
suprising..

that's certainly a better basis than guessing games

interestingly the vilna gaon in his commentary on the zohar, finds a passage about "rome" trembling, 3 towers falling, and said the date is wrong. He corrected the date and he corrected it to the hebrew date that corresponded to 9/11   in 2001.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 05:25:43 PM »
Good points Muman, but would be 777 not the more suitable number for the Messianic area?

Shalom Pheasant,

Maybe so, but I would really think 888 would be the #. 8 is beyond all physicality and it represents miracles. But according to my research it was the Vilna Gaon who said that 666 has messianic potential. I will look for more sources for this...

http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/274/Q1/
Dear Stephanie,

Meah Shearim is the name of a Jerusalem neighborhood about a ten minute walk from where I am sitting!

"Meah Shearim" means "a hundred-fold" or "a hundred gates." It is one of the oldest Jerusalem neighborhoods outside the walls of the old city, founded by devoutly orthodox Jews in the 19th century.

It was originally settled by just over 100 families who signed up to be part of the new "colony," and they took the name "Meah Shearim" from the weekly Torah reading. The signing occurred during "Parashat Toldot," the week when the Torah portion read in synagogues tells of Isaac's great success: "He planted in that land and found in that (famine) year a hundred-fold (of the estimated produce), for G-d had blessed him." (Genesis 26) Thus, the place was named Meah Shearim, indicating Divine blessing 100 times the expected.

This name was also chosen due to the founders' awareness of kabbalah, Jewish mysticism. The numerical value of the words Meah Shearim equals 666, which has esoteric and kabbalistic meaning in Judaism, as indicated by the Vilna Gaon in his commentary to the Zohar.

Stephanie, thank you for your question! Because of it, I was able to learn some fascinating new insights into a neighborhood which I can see from my window.

muman613

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 05:26:36 PM »

lots of vague statements can be made with gematria, people can look for patterns and find them.

some would be legit in jewish belief e.g. if there is a tradition on it, or a really trusted reliable kabbalist.  e.g. the vilna gaon!

still, some jews , few, but some, would reject kabbalah.  Just accepting that which is in the talmud. Deep secrets on 2 esoteric areas of the torah.  The chariot and creation. Not publicised, and taught to so few it was prob forgotton over a thousand years ago..
The rambam for example had no tradition on them.