Author Topic: 4-yr-old girl gets married to 45-yr man in Pakistan  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
4-yr-old girl gets married to 45-yr man in Pakistan
« on: February 10, 2007, 03:36:44 PM »
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/4yrold-girl-wed-to-45yr-man-in-pak/top/33202-2.html

4-yr-old girl marries to 45-yr man in Pakistan

Press Trust Of India
Posted Saturday , February 10, 2007 at 00:10 Email  Print

ARCHAIC RITUALS: The two were married to settle a fight with the help of tribal customs.

Islamabad: A four-year-old girl was married to a 45-year-old man in Pakistan's North-West Frontier Province (NWFP) to settle a dispute under a tribal custom.

Thirteen people, including a panchayat member, were arrested in Dera Islami Khan town in this connection and the court on Thursday sent them to judicial custody, the Dawn reported on Friday.

Those arrested included Mahboob, the man to whom the girl was married, the girl's father Alamsher, and the panchayat leader Saifur Rehman.

An FIR was registered against them on Wednesday.

According to the paper, the girl's uncle Farroq had eloped with a woman after which a panchayat slapped a fine of Rs 1.5 lakh on him. He was also asked to stay away from the area for five years.

However, the couple was later married. The panchayat met again and this time they decided to give the hand of four-year-old niece of Farooq to Mahboob, paternal uncle of his wife, to settle the issue.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 09:44:00 PM by Christian Zionist »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Re: 4-yr-old girl grts married to 45-yr man in Pakistan
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:08:50 AM »
The whole story is too confusing. Muslims are insane.

Sorry, I forgot to give the meaning of certain terms used in the article:

Panchayat means village administration or a rural county.

FIR means First Information Report (when a case is filed in the police station for the first time)

Rs. 1.5 Lakhs = 150,000 Rupees (a little over $2,000).  In South Asian countries 100,000 is not described as hundred thousand but known as 1 Lakh. 1 million is 10 Lakhs and 10 million is known as 1 Crore.

Also "marriage" between cousins and other close relatives is very common among the Asian muslims.  Little muslim girls are forced into marriage by their Fathers and other Uncles. 

And getting divorce is also very simple.  The husband needs to tell the wife "Thalak, Thalak, Thalak" (3 times Thalak), and it means he has divorced her. No alimony or child support from the husband.  What a great religion!

Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.