Author Topic: So-called ‘Iron Lady’ Tzipi Livni set to be Israel’s new leader  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
ISRAEL’S foreign minister, Tzipi Livni, has moved into a strong lead in the race to take over the governing party, putting her in line to become the country’s first woman prime minister since Golda Meir became the original “Iron Lady” nearly 40 years ago.

Polls put Livni 15 points ahead in the Kadima party’s leadership contest, in which voting takes place this week. She is expected to replace Ehud Olmert, the prime minister whose entanglement in corruption allegations led him to announce last week that he would resign once the new leader is elected.

Livni, 50, whose stylish appearance belies her tough outlook, is said to be regarded as a hardliner even by her husband. Ha’aretz newspaper has reported Naftali Spitzer, an advertising executive and father of her two children, as telling friends she is more right-wing than Benjamin Netanyahu, leader of the conservative opposition Likud party. That's not saying much!

Livni served as a minister in her mentor Ariel Sharon’s Likud government but joined the centrist Kadima when he founded it before suffering a crippling stroke in December 2005. She has said the only negotiating language Likud liked to use was “no”.
A former lieutenant in the Israeli army, Livni joined Mossad, Israel’s overseas secret service. Based in Paris aged 26, she helped Mossad teams pursue Arab terrorists in Europe.

After Spitzer did not want his girlfriend to spend nights in European hotels surrounded by fit young Mossad agents she resigned, married and worked for 10 years as a lawyer.

“Mossad lost a great head of the organisation,” Spitzer has joked. “But I gained a wonderful wife.” In office she would face a daunting series of security dilemmas, including whether to attack Iran’s nuclear facilities, how to respond to the threat from Hezbollah, and how to deal with Hamas, which controls Gaza.

She has been guarded on the threat from Tehran. “The military option is there, and to say more than that will be irresponsible on my part,” she told one newspaper last week.

However, she does not hide her opinions on Hamas. “If they resume firing, I’ll act first and then we’ll see,” she said.

On peace with Syria, she said: “Peace is not just eating houmous in a Damascus restaurant. It’s, above all, Syria’s exit from the axis of evil and giving up support for terrorists.”  Dream On Tzipi!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article4748989.ece

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Re: So-called ‘Iron Lady’ Tzipi Livni set to be Israel’s new leader
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 12:11:27 AM »
This Bull Dyke is almost as bad as Omlert. As many flaws as Binyamin Netanyahu has she is 20 times worse. Netanyahu has criticized the prisoner exchange while this Dyke has been cheerleader it. God forbid she gets in as PM
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline AryehYehudah

• Senior JTFer
  • Down with Islam, Self-Hating Jews and Jew Haters
    • Arutz Sheva 7 Israel National News
Re: So-called ‘Iron Lady’ Tzipi Livni set to be Israel’s new leader
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 09:10:57 AM »
Let Zipi zipp it up..   I think she would be a great prize as a concubine in some rich Arab's harem.  They really like white skin Jewish girls..  I even heard the Arabs commenting on how beautiful she is.. She is a real princess, they say...  I think she would look good in hijab giving her arab master a nice foot massage and any other service needed.  She would most certainly enjoy every moment.  IF she had it her way, she jump into bed with any man with an arabic accent and wears a nice dusty rag on his head.    :P