Author Topic: This is not Judaism  (Read 4979 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
This is not Judaism
« on: September 18, 2008, 09:08:46 PM »
http://www.ujc.org/page.aspx?id=184203

SAN FRANCISCO, Sep 17, 2008 (UPI via COMTEX) -- A San Francisco synagogue's new prayer book contains a prayer for unexpected intimacy.

The prayer is included in Congregation Sha'ar Zaha's siddur to be released by San Francisco's main gay synagogue, the Jewish Telegraph Agency reported Tuesday.

The news service reported the prayer is meant to be said after engaging in anonymous sex.

"In the dark, in a strange place, our father Jacob encountered a stranger with whom he grappled all night," the prayer begins, referring to the biblical story of Jacob wrestling with the angel. "He never knew the stranger's name, yet their encounter was a blessing, which turned Jacob into Israel and made him realize, I have seen G-d face-to-face."

The prayer, titled "Kavannah for Unexpected Intimacy," asks G-d to permit the encounter to be a blessing "that allows us to both touch and see the divine."

Rabbi Steve Greenberg, an openly gay Orthodox rabbi, said anonymous sex is a form of "mutual objectification" and is the opposite of holiness.

"What is missing from this prayer is that holiness grows incrementally as we move beyond the momentary, the sensual and the strange."
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
Re: This is not Judaism
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:11:22 PM »
They're CRAZY out there! >:(

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:18:09 PM »
Gay synagogue?
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 09:37:25 PM »
Shalom,

This is very sick indeed. That they sullied the story of Jacob and the incident where he wrestles with the angel of Hashem is even more disturbing. These people are suffering from a several mental disorder and they should be getting help. Instead they want to rationalize their perverse feelings, even trying to make them noble and holy. These people would have been put to death immediately for their heresy and their desecration of Hashems holy name.

I now pray for Hashem to unleash a new, more powerful version of Aids to rid the world of this perversion. May they all be lost in the plague of darkness...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 09:50:41 PM »
Shalom,

This is very sick indeed. That they sullied the story of Jacob and the incident where he wrestles with the angel of Hashem is even more disturbing. These people are suffering from a several mental disorder and they should be getting help. Instead they want to rationalize their perverse feelings, even trying to make them noble and holy. These people would have been put to death immediately for their heresy and their desecration of Hashems holy name.

I now pray for Hashem to unleash a new, more powerful version of Aids to rid the world of this perversion. May they all be lost in the plague of darkness...

muman613

How anyone can interpret that Biblical story in this perverse fashion is beyond me.  If the gay Jews want to create a new gay Jewish doctrine, that is bad enough but I could dismiss it as nonsense.  When they reinterpret the Torah to suit their agendas, to me that is unacceptable.  Obama did something similar when he suggested that Jesus's sermon on the Mount somehow "proved" that gay marriage is acceptible.  Christians were outraged by that.  And I am outraged by this.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 10:24:38 PM by zachor_ve_kavod »

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 10:18:59 PM »
Wow.  :fright:
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 11:09:26 PM »
Shalom,

muman613

Non-normative Judaism is not guided by Hallacha, so it's natural that they feel free to fabricate any new prayer. Most of the times, they are harmless though hallachically wrong. There will always be a minority of them who issue this outrageous blessings. With no binding religous rules, you are to expect someone would take the freedom to do that. That's outrageous. But you shouldn't pray Hashem to bring new diseases and calmaities on the world. According to strict jugdment, everyone is guilty.... some minor desecration of Shabat, some negligence in verifying Kashrut, some unproper thoughts....etc etc... if we want forgivenness, we must never call for judgment on others, let alone on humanity. It's dangerous!!!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 11:20:32 PM by Raulmarrio2000 »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 11:26:37 PM »
Non-normative Judaism is not guided by Hallacha, so it's natural they they feel free to fabricate any new prayer. Most of the times, they are harmless though hallachically wrong. There will always be a minority of them who issue this outrageous blessings. With no binding religous rules, you are to expect someone would take the freedom to do that. That's outrageous. But you shouldn't pray Hashem to bring new diseases and calmaities on the world. According to strict jugdment, everyone is guilty.... some minor desecration of Shabat, some negligence in verifying Kashrut, some unproper thoughts....etc etc... if we want forgivenness, we must never call for judgment on others, let alone on humanity. It's dangerous!!!!

But their is a clear difference between people who might be pushed by their Yetzer Hara, their own insifficiencies and desires (which is also bad), but it is no where near someone who sins and then makes a blessing on it. With the first case, yes it is very bad, but their is a chance the person might do tishuva, the person would be willing more to recognize the truth, would feel bad, expecially if they then at least do Vidduy (confession to G-d). BUT with reform, not only is it very bad, but then they are making a blessing on a clear sin. It is a clear rebellion agains't G-d, and their is no change of tishuva, becuase their isn't any recognition of sins.
  Any King David Alav Hashalom, writes a whole chapter full of curses to ungrateful people who rebel agains't G-d.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 11:40:12 PM »
But their is a clear difference between people who might be pushed by their Yetzer Hara, their own insifficiencies and desires (which is also bad), but it is no where near someone who sins and then makes a blessing on it. With the first case, yes it is very bad, but their is a chance the person might do tishuva, the person would be willing more to recognize the truth, would feel bad, expecially if they then at least do Vidduy (confession to G-d). BUT with reform, not only is it very bad, but then they are making a blessing on a clear sin. It is a clear rebellion agains't G-d, and their is no change of tishuva, becuase their isn't any recognition of sins.
  Any King David Alav Hashalom, writes a whole chapter full of curses to ungrateful people who rebel agains't G-d.

Curses against people who purposedly rebel against Hashem are meant to prevent them from succeding in spreading their twisted viwes, not to bring calamities. The only case when it is permited to pray for the destruction of evildoers (leaving it to Hashem to decide whether their destruction is the only way to save the rest) is when the security of a community is in danger.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 11:56:28 PM »
BTW, I'd like to see what the civil authorities would do in case a Muslim (everyone can claim to be a muslim, since converions to Islam can be made privately by just reading a few words in Arabic) publicly issued some verses of the Koran to be recited in a similar situation..... surely the Govt would take care of that. Otherwise, Muslims would blow up several embassies!!!!! Pathetic!!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 12:34:27 AM »
Non-normative Judaism is not guided by Hallacha, so it's natural that they feel free to fabricate any new prayer. Most of the times, they are harmless though hallachically wrong. There will always be a minority of them who issue this outrageous blessings. With no binding religous rules, you are to expect someone would take the freedom to do that. That's outrageous. But you shouldn't pray Hashem to bring new diseases and calmaities on the world. According to strict jugdment, everyone is guilty.... some minor desecration of Shabat, some negligence in verifying Kashrut, some unproper thoughts....etc etc... if we want forgivenness, we must never call for judgment on others, let alone on humanity. It's dangerous!!!!

Raulmarrio2000,

This is an outrageous slap in the face of all that is Holy by the word of Hashem. You cannot make a blessing on a sin. This is ridiculous. It is called CHILLUL HASHEM. There are many times in Torah where Hashem destroyed the people for less than this. These souls are lost and there is no chance for them to make teshuva because their own 'rabbi' is sanctioning it. They, and their Rabbi, should be cursed.

muman613

PS: It is absolutely Torah sanctioned to rebuke the sinner. But rebuke is only good when the person is inclined to listen. These heretics are worse than sinners because in their evil eyes the Torah has been twisted.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 01:09:10 AM »
So you think that, when a Rabi becomes heretic, there is no hope of teshuva for a whole congregation? Why can't they realise that their congregation is being mislead and join another synagogue? I suppose most of them have never engaged in such an outrage or recited that blasphemy. They can change Kehilah.
But even those who did, in fact, sin and blaspheme by publishing or reciting that "blessing" on sin could do Teshuvah. And if they don't, it's up to Hashem to judge them, not good to invoke curses!!!

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 01:41:11 AM »
 :'(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 02:04:25 AM »
So you think that, when a Rabi becomes heretic, there is no hope of teshuva for a whole congregation? Why can't they realise that their congregation is being mislead and join another synagogue? I suppose most of them have never engaged in such an outrage or recited that blasphemy. They can change Kehilah.
But even those who did, in fact, sin and blaspheme by publishing or reciting that "blessing" on sin could do Teshuvah. And if they don't, it's up to Hashem to judge them, not good to invoke curses!!!
Hanna,

I admire your compassion and share it. I am not generally one who curses people like that. I am also very compassionate and have had people I know who are gay come over and I extended every hospitality to them. I am not judgmental but I am also very sensitive to people who flaunt their sins in front of Hashem.

If you read this article it mentions a 'gay synagogue'. I live in the San Francisco area and I know how flaming gay the San Francisco crowd is. What really makes my guts burn is how they are writing a Siddur {A Prayer book} which completely whitewashes what Hashem clearly has said about sexual purity, cross dressing, and homosexual sex.

Now I have argued with many people, including Orthodox Rabbis, that the Torah doesnt say that being gay is wrong. Traditionally, I have been taught, that all people have their own personal yetzer haras and attractions and we should not judge them because they really are not so happy about their sexual orientation. I have also heard it said that the reason they are often so flambouyant and in-your-face is because they are insecure and seeking to 'come-out' to feel OK about their sinful behavior. Whatever the story is I dont think that the lifestyle is something which should be condoned. If anything it should be relagated to behind the doors of the pervert.

I will not quote explicitly the sections of the Torah, both oral and written, which assert that the purpose of the sexual organs is not pleasure, but the propagation of the human species. There are many very important concepts regarding the interaction between the male and female aspects of the soul. True completion is not possible between two people of the same sex. Trying to make believe that this is OK is a sin. The obvious sin is called "Placing a Stumbling Block Before the Blind".

So some impressionable San Francisco 'Jewish' freak attends this 'synagogue' and thinks it's "Really Cool" because they are so accepting of his multiple lip rings and the gold nose ring and the Hashem tattoo on his neck and his pink haired butch date. The Rabbi tells him and him that Hashem really thinks it is OK, and there is this Blessing the Jewish people make to sanctify the nightly roll in the hay they and their multiple partner buddies have sleep over for "Shabbat".

Just thinking of this scenario makes my guts ache. Hashem never intended the Jewish faith be used in order to influence young people to have careless sex. If we were living in more righteous times Hashem would make himself known. Often times I have prayed for Hashem to spare San Francisco because I know several righteous people who live there. But when I read this I ask myself is this not Sodom And Gomorrah all over again? And Avraham prayed for the welfare of Sodom, yet there were not 10 righteous people.

Sometimes I feel like I must get far far away from this city of sin by the bay. When the evil is made to look good, and the good is made to look evil. These are the times Hashems prophets spoke of, when Chutzpah of the young will not respect the wisdom of the elders.

I am sorry if my approach is not clear to you. I truely regret having to make such a pronouncement as I made in my posting. I truly wish that all those caught up in the sins of sexual purity should do true Teshuva and merit a complete redemption. Every soul has the opportunity to change the evil decree. But once the people are condemned, there is little which can change it. Remember how Hashem let the generation which journeyed out of Mitzrayim die in the desert, all except for Joshua and Caleb, because of the sin of the spies. And I also remember what we learned about the 10 Plagues in Mitzrayim. How in the plague of darkness all the evil Jews died like the mitzri. Only 1/5 of the Jewish people actually made it out of Egypt.

I will quote a couple of sources for this assertion:

http://www.shemayisrael.co.il/parsha/kahn/archives/bo67.htm
Four-fifths died

No doubt there were different trends within the Jewish people in Egypt as well. As a matter of fact, Rashi in the beginning of Parashas Beshalach (Shemos 13:18) quotes the Midrash Tanchuma that only one-fifth of the total Jewish people merited to be redeemed. The four-fifths, who had no interest in leaving Egypt, especially after the bondage had stopped, died during the Plague of Darkness. Even amongst those who left, many had been idol worshippers. So we can well understand that if the various sources focus on different parts of the Jewish people in Egypt, their descriptions would differ.

http://www.nishmat.net/article.php?id=92&heading=0
The midrash in question is the Mekhilta, commenting on an unusual word at the beginning of Beshalach. The Torah tells us (Shemot 13:17-18) that haShem took the Jews out of Egypt via the scenic route through the desert, instead of the direct route through Philistia, because if the newly-freed slaves were faced with war, they would want to return to Egypt. The next words are "The Children of Israel went up from Egypt chamushim." What does this last word mean, and how does it relate to the context? Rashi, following the Mekhilta, gives two opinions. First, the peshat of chamushim is "armed"<1>. Rav Henkin, Nishmat's posek, points out that according to this approach, the verse is telling us that haShem wanted the Jews to avoid war, even though they were armed when they left Egypt<2>. Second, the more radical opinion in Rashi and the Mekhilta is that chamushim comes from the word for five, chamesh<3>, and that only one in five Jews left Egypt. In Rav Henkin's words, this approach explains the verse to mean that haShem "took into the desert those who did leave, because they were only a fifth: they were demoralized because the majority of their brethren had stayed behind"<4>. Only twenty percent of the Jews left Egypt! Believe it or not, the one-in-five opinion is the most conservative one in the Mekhilta. The full text reads:

Another opinion: "Chamushim went up" means one in five. Some say one in fifty. Some say one in five hundred. Rav Nehorai says: "[I swear by] the Temple Service! It was not one in five hundred that went out [but fewer]. It says, 'I made you into myriads like the grass of the field' (Yechezkel 15:7), and it says, 'The Children of Israel were fruitful and swarmed and multiplied and became huge' (Shemot 1:6) -- a woman would give birth to six at one time. And you say that one in five hundred went out?! [I swear by] the Temple Service! It was not one in five hundred that went out [but fewer]. Rather, many Jews died in Egypt. When did they die?During the three days of darkness, as it says, 'People could not see each other' (Shemot 10:23). They were burying their dead, and they thanked and praised haShem that their enemies could not see and rejoice at their downfall"<5>.

Talk about depressing! This midrash asserts that the vast, vast majority of the Jewish people -- whether 80%, 98%, 99.8%, or even more -- did not leave Egypt. Why not? Shemot Rabba explains that "There were sinners among the Jews who had Egyptian patrons, and they had wealth and honor there, [so] they didn't want to leave"<6>. In Rav Henkin's words, they were "disinclined to trade flesh-pots for freedom"<7>. What happened to this reluctant majority?The first three opinions in the Mekhilta do not elaborate, so it's possible they hold that the majority simply stayed in Egypt and continued assimilating over the years until they lost their Jewish identity completely. {It wouldn't be the last time that happened in Jewish history.} However, Rabbi Nehorai at the end of the Mekhilta argues that haShem killed them all during the Plague of Darkness. This especially bothers Rabbi Avraham Ibn Ezra (1089-1164), who isn't so happy with the whole thing:

muman613

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 03:34:04 AM »
Yes, it says in my bible, "good will be called evil, and evil will be called good".....I forgot which scripture it is now, I am sure it is in there more than once.....though...and the OT too.... :)

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 04:24:45 AM »
"In the dark, in a strange place, our father Jacob encountered a stranger with whom he grappled all night," the prayer begins, referring to the biblical story of Jacob wrestling with the angel. "He never knew the stranger's name, yet their encounter was a blessing, which turned Jacob into Israel and made him realize, I have seen G-d face-to-face."

:::D

This is comedy. But I know for shure in the German half-gouvernmental protestant church "EKD" they have similar things. This shows only that they have no understanding of the moral law of the bible. ::)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 05:06:15 AM »
When I see lunacy like this...i just tell myself, "What entertainment!"   :laugh: :::D

No, but really.... :o >:( :'(

what a disgusting way to pervert the Torah!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 08:49:39 AM »
even the gay rabbi disagreed with the prayer.... lol

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 09:12:10 AM »
This makes me feel sick. :(

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 09:18:22 AM »
even the gay rabbi disagreed with the prayer.... lol

"oh sure, I'm Orthodox, please pass the bacon..."   :::D

Source: http://www.thejidf.org/2008/09/jidf-shocked-by-gay-orthodox-rabbi.html
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 10:05:31 AM »
The sad thing is that they think they are free and liberal, while in fact they are slaves, not only of Yetzer Harah, but also of the society. They can print a book with a blessing for promiscuity just because it's not forbidden by civil law. If they want freedom to do whatever they like, what would happen if the book included a prayer on illegal drugs or just an special blessing for underaged before drinking beer? They would go to jail!!!! They just offend Hashem because He is mercifull, but they would dare to offend a human Govt.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 10:14:37 AM »
The sad thing is that they think they are free and liberal, while in fact they are slaves, not only of Yetzer Harah, but also of the society. They can print a book with a blessing for promiscuity just because it's not forbidden by civil law. If they want freedom to do whatever they like, what would happen if the book included a prayer on illegal drugs or just an special blessing for underaged before drinking beer? They would go to jail!!!! They just offend Hashem because He is mercifull, but they would dare to offend a human Govt.

Raul this point is very good.  It should be the opposite  :)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 10:21:01 AM »
I hope they get a fast acting new AIDS
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 10:58:54 AM »
Rabbi Steve Greenberg, an openly gay Orthodox rabbi, said anonymous sex is a form of "mutual objectification" and is the opposite of holiness.

How can you be "openly gay" and "Orthodox"?? What is this? I have never heard of such a ridiculous thing.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 11:05:43 AM »
How can you be "openly gay" and "Orthodox"?? What is this? I have never heard of such a ridiculous thing.

Perhaps "gay" means orientation and not act. Or perhaps he studied in an Orthodox Yeshiva, but abandoned Torah later. Or he may have completed the studies, but not received Semicha. I don't believe an Orthodox Rav would ordain someone who rejects one mitzva.