Poll

Do you think nested quotes should be automatically removed?

Yes, it's helpful.
No, it makes quoting more difficult
I'm undecided.
I don't care.

Author Topic: Do you think nested quotes should be automatically removed?  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Do you think nested quotes should be automatically removed?
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2008, 04:40:30 PM »
Do you think nested quotes when replying should be automatically removed leaving only the last quote?
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: new forum update makes debate difficult
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2008, 04:42:07 PM »
For the record, I really want people to be able to show their creativity and give their account the image and feel that they want. It adds a lot of color and life to the forum and makes things more exciting. And most signatures are actually alright. The reason I placed any restrictions at all on signatures was only because some of our members (who have much smaller screens, slow internet connections, mobile devices, etc) had problems with some of the larger pictures and I want everyone to be able to participate. I think this is fair to those members and I want them to be able to post too.

It's always a very tough challenge to decide where the boundaries should be. And I know the forum is undergoing a lot of changes and upgrades but I'm only trying my very best to help us become a mass movement. I know it's not always easy but I think things are starting to look a lot more professional and will attract many new members.

I agree on the signature issue with you.  :)

I think we should make it for all members comfortable.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Do you think nested quotes should be automatically removed?
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2008, 04:42:57 PM »
I like stacking quotes but people should take care to use them properly and check the coding. Most Web users have a rudimentary knowledge of HTML and the forum code is even easier than HTML. You can always trim a quote down if you need to or edit your own post to fix it if you mess it up.

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2008, 04:43:25 PM »
For the record, I really want people to be able to show their creativity and give their account the image and feel that they want. It adds a lot of color and life to the forum and makes things more exciting. And most signatures are actually alright. The reason I placed any restrictions at all on signatures was only because some of our members (who have much smaller screens, slow internet connections, mobile devices, etc) had problems with some of the larger pictures and I want everyone to be able to participate. I think this is fair to those members and I want them to be able to post too.

It's always a very tough challenge to decide where the boundaries should be. And I know the forum is undergoing a lot of changes and upgrades but I'm only trying my very best to help us become a mass movement. I know it's not always easy but I think things are starting to look a lot more professional and will attract many new members.

I agree on the signature issue with you.  :)

I think we should make it for all members comfortable.

Schlomo, when did you change it back?

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2008, 04:44:32 PM »
I have made this topic a poll.

Please vote if you want nested quotes to be automatically removed when replying.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2008, 04:48:41 PM »
if women just kept to one tone of voice(a normal pleasant one, not too high), men would be much happier!

(Jokingly) Women would like it if all men knew how to say was yes dear.

Robocop managed fine with one tone of voice. You could see when he was sad or confident..

(neutral) Unfortunately misunderstandings occur in text a lot, even big ones. Anything that helps conversation to be more understandable is good in my eyes.

Fact is, you can write in that you're angry or sad.  In my post about Amona I think it was quote obvious I was sad. One just has to use choose the words that represent what they are trying to convey.

(happy) I like smileys though in addition to writing. If I wanted all plain text I'd go to Usenet.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2008, 06:59:17 PM »
I have msged most of the moderators.. unfortunately they all seem to be culprits!!

hopefully we will have their help in this..

:o  :P I would hate to remove BullCat jr.'s picture of  Chaim.  She might  :'( or blow a gastket  >:(.
If Shlomo ;D would like to resize it, I give HIM permission to do so.  It made her  :dance: to have it there.
                                                                                   With all due respect.  BullCat  :)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2008, 07:06:40 PM »
if women just kept to one tone of voice(a normal pleasant one, not too high), men would be much happier!

(Jokingly) Women would like it if all men knew how to say was yes dear.

I would advise that the expression "yes dear" would really mean "Fine". Which you can assume is the case unless told "No".

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2008, 09:26:57 AM »
If you haven't voted or wish to change your vote, please do so soon.

Thank you,
Shlomo