Author Topic: Baruch HaShem: Olmert: "I HAVE DECIDED TO RESIGN AS PRIME MINISTER OF ISRAEL"!!!  (Read 3495 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I JUST WAS SENT THIS!!!!!!

Olmert: I have decided to resign as prime minister of Israel   www.jpost.com

"I have decided to resign as prime minister of Israel," Prime Minister Ehud Olmert announced to ministers at the start of the cabinet meeting on Sunday.

"This was not an easy decision, or a simple one. This was a difficult decision with serious misgivings, but I think I am acting in an appropriate manner, as I have promised the people of Israel," Olmert said.

"I think that this government has done good things - some that we are able to speak about, and others that we are not," he continued. "[These acts] will be written in the pages of history, and will be a source of pride to all those who participated in them.
"

"I hope that [Foreign Minister and new Kadima leader] Tzipi Livni forms a government as quickly as possible," the prime minister said. "I will help her and stand by her during the process. People like me and a few others, like [Defense Minister Ehud] Barak know how difficult it is to establish and lead a government.
"

On Saturday, Olmert's associates said the timetable for submitting his resignation letter to President Shimon Peres would be finalized in coordination with Beit Hanassi on Sunday. They said that the two most likely options were submitting the letter on Sunday or waiting until October 2, after Peres's return from the United Nations General Assembly in New York and the Rosh Hashana holiday.

Once Peres receives the letter, he will meet with the heads of the 13 Knesset factions to consult with them about whom he should appoint to form a new coalition before formally appointing new Kadima leader Tzipi Livni. She will then have 42 days to form a coalition - but her goal is to present a new government to the Knesset when it returns for its winter session on October 27.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
"I think that this government has done good things - some that we are able to speak about, and others that we are not," he continued. "[These acts] will be written in the pages of history, and will be a source of pride to all those who participated in them."

I wonder what this government has done that Smolmert isn't able to speak about.

This statement alludes to some sort of unrevealed secret agreement.

Whatever surprise the Israeli government is waiting to unload on the Jewish people, rest assured it isn't a good one.

It's good that Smolmert is out, but he's probably not finished working against Israel.

If Livni is able to form a coalition, she'll probably be even worse than Olmert. Don't forget she'll have a honeymoon period as the new Prime Minister during which she'll wield more power than the lame duck Olmert was able to. This means she's even more dangerous than Smolmert.

It's most likely a case of out with the old evil, in with the new, even more evil.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
"I think that this government has done good things - some that we are able to speak about, and others that we are not," he continued. "[These acts] will be written in the pages of history, and will be a source of pride to all those who participated in them."

Whatever surprise the Israeli government is waiting to unload on the Jewish people, rest assured it isn't a good one.

It's good that Smolmert is out, but he's probably not finished working against Israel.

If Livni is able to form a coalition, she'll probably be even worse than Olmert. Don't forget she'll have a honeymoon period as the new Prime Minister during which she'll wield more power than the lame duck Olmert was able to. This means she's even more dangerous than Smolmert.

It's most likely a case of out with the old evil, in with the new, even more evil.

oh....... ::) :D :fright: :crazy: :throw:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading the resignation letter posted. How much better or worse will Livini be? From what I know it will be more of the same or possibly worse. Why is it when politicians try to make themselves look good or better they always hint at what they can't talk about? Unfortunately all the obvious contenders for the opening were going to be more of the same. Israel needs some new faces in it's government and I know of one person who would work wonders.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
I think we should all be praying......
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading the resignation letter posted. How much better or worse will Livini be? From what I know it will be more of the same or possibly worse. Why is it when politicians try to make themselves look good or better they always hint at what they can't talk about? Unfortunately all the obvious contenders for the opening were going to be more of the same. Israel needs some new faces in it's government and I know of one person who would work wonders.
I'm afraid Livni, ShR"Y, is worse than Olmert. She is VERY determent to proceed and accelerate suicidal moves and if she manages to assemble a new cabinet she would command with much more authority than the lame ducked Olmert.