Author Topic: JTF Needs To Participate In Upcoming Ahmadinejad Protest  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
JTF Needs To Participate In Upcoming Ahmadinejad Protest
« on: September 21, 2008, 02:44:40 PM »
Several groups are organizing a counter-protest to coincide with the dinner honoring the Iranian monkey faced runt of dictator Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.  I think we, as Jews Against Obama, should make an appearance there.  Here are the details:

On Thursday, Sept 25, at 6pm in Manhattan, The American Friends Service Committee, Mennonite Central Committee, Quaker UN Office, Religions for Peace, World Council of Churches-UN Liaison Office will be honoring Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at an Iftar (dinner to break the day’s Ramadan fast).

At the same time, The Jewish Action Alliance, Stand With Us, the Israel Project, Americans for a Safe Israel, The Center for Security Policy, the Catholic League, Rabbi Potasnik from NY Board of Rabbis, the Traditional Values Coalition, and the Alliance of Iranian Women will hold an interfaith counter-rally to protest Ahmadinejad’s presence at the United Nations, and to oppose his nuclear weapons program and his outrageous threats against America’s ally, Israel.

Republican Vice-Presidential candidate Sarah Palin has been invited to speak along with other politicians, Democrats and Republicans.

Please join us at the Hyatt Hotel, East 42nd St, near Lexington Ave and Grand Central Station, in Manhattan, at 5:30pm.

Send a message to the Mullahs in Iran!

For more information, or to bring your organization on board, call 212-726-1124

I just called that number and left a message.  This should give us lots of exposure.  And after the protest, a group of us can get together at some nice kosher restaurant and just hang out.  For those of you who want to participate, please send me a private message.  I'll be happy to coordinate this. 

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: JTF Needs To Participate In Upcoming Ahmadinejad Protest
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »
Well, where is everybody?!?  We need to be all over this!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »
Several groups are organizing a counter-protest to coincide with the dinner honoring the Iranian monkey faced runt of dictator Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.  I think we, as Jews Against Obama, should make an appearance there.  Here are the details:

On Thursday, Sept 25, at 6pm in Manhattan, The American Friends Service Committee, Mennonite Central Committee, Quaker UN Office, Religions for Peace, World Council of Churches-UN Liaison Office will be honoring Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at an Iftar (dinner to break the day’s Ramadan fast).

At the same time, The Jewish Action Alliance, Stand With Us, the Israel Project, Americans for a Safe Israel, The Center for Security Policy, the Catholic League, Rabbi Potasnik from NY Board of Rabbis, the Traditional Values Coalition, and the Alliance of Iranian Women will hold an interfaith counter-rally to protest Ahmadinejad’s presence at the United Nations, and to oppose his nuclear weapons program and his outrageous threats against America’s ally, Israel.

Republican Vice-Presidential candidate Sarah Palin has been invited to speak along with other politicians, Democrats and Republicans.

Please join us at the Hyatt Hotel, East 42nd St, near Lexington Ave and Grand Central Station, in Manhattan, at 5:30pm.

Send a message to the Mullahs in Iran!

For more information, or to bring your organization on board, call 212-726-1124

I just called that number and left a message.  This should give us lots of exposure.  And after the protest, a group of us can get together at some nice kosher restaurant and just hang out.  For those of you who want to participate, please send me a private message.  I'll be happy to coordinate this. 

I live hundreds of miles away, so I can't go, though I think JTFers should definitely make their voices heard.  I'm wondering though if a rally is enough?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 04:16:32 PM »
It's something.  And it's a start. 

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 04:21:49 PM »
It's something.  And it's a start. 

It is.  I didn't mean to suggest that attending the rally would not be a good thing to do.  What I am asking however, is whether there are any other approaches that can be taken, which may be effective.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 04:26:01 PM »
Why shouldn't we participate in this counter protest?  Why do you think it won't be effective? 

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 04:30:58 PM »
Why shouldn't we participate in this counter protest?  Why do you think it won't be effective? 

You are not understanding me.  I never said we shouldn't participate.  I think we should participate.  I think it's important, and if I could go, I would.  What I am asking is, "are there things we can do besides?"

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 05:00:03 PM »
You are not understanding me.  I never said we shouldn't participate.  I think we should participate.  I think it's important, and if I could go, I would.  What I am asking is, "are there things we can do besides?"

Perhaps you could tell people in your Synagogue about JTF/Jews Against Obama/Jews For Palin.  When you go on other internet forums, you could put a link to JTF in your signature file.  And you could do the same for all your personal emails. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 05:07:41 PM »
Go with a Jews Against Obama Banner and JTF t shirts if you have them

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 05:10:21 PM »
Also, there will be press covering the counter-protest, so we need to get in their faces. 

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 05:14:01 PM »
Lisa is so right. And If Ahmadinescud was attending a convention in TA Telaviv, you bet I would be there to give him a very warm welcome.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 05:45:49 PM by Zelhar »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 05:42:58 PM »
Now I'd like to find the contact info for that Penny Pritzker beotch.  This way, we can all give her a piece of our minds. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »
I might have the day off that day..so let's see.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 06:03:22 PM »
Perhaps something can be arranged
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 08:47:26 PM »
I'll be there.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 09:38:19 PM »
Good to hear. 

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 12:36:55 AM »
That ugly ape is essentially powerless though. Khamenei is the real dictator.

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »
One of the owners of the Hyatt is Penny Pritzker, Obama's campaign finance manager.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 09:36:37 AM »
One of the owners of the Hyatt is Penny Pritzker, Obama's campaign finance manager.

I know.  I just posted about it on my anti-Obama blog. 

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 08:32:02 AM »

Yes, her photo was up on t.v., as a supporter of Bill Clinton's Global Initiative, correct? She's very very rich and they say "beautiful," she's alright.  Couldn't tell from the tiny photo.  Why not just bombard some of these people w/emails Lisa if we don't live in New York?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 09:32:27 AM »
Yes.  Bombarding her with emails would be a good idea.