Author Topic: Fed bailout raises price of oil  (Read 634 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Fed bailout raises price of oil
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:18:40 PM »
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/22/markets/oil/index.htm?cnn=yes

This is how the government discourages speculators from jacking up prices. By bailing them out. I hope something stops the bailout.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Fed bailout raises price of oil
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 11:22:33 PM »
TBOT, you know that I hate bailouts, but without this massive package, the election would have been handed to Barack Obama. The amoral, self-seeking, hedonistic voters of America only care about their pocketbooks. I guarantee you saving the election was at least part of Bush's motive in doing this.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »

This is how the government discourages speculators from jacking up prices. By bailing them out. I hope something stops the bailout.

Its about hopping off of one speculative bubble... and into another.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 11:39:58 PM »
Well, we all know that the Bush presidency was built on financial speculation. These corporate crooks are, in many cases, not only big donors, but close personal friends of Jorge Wahhabi Bush. Still, I don't think there was a choice. Obama was rapidly rising in the polls as the media hyped up the economic downward spiral on Wall Street. Even if this "recession" is all a mirage (which it probably is, for now), the voters were rapidly moving in the direction of punishing the Republicans. I maintain there is no way McCain can win if there is the appearance of a recession/depression.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 11:49:10 PM »

Its about hopping off of one speculative bubble... and into another.

One bubble sure leads to another.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 12:01:03 AM »
Well, we all know that the Bush presidency was built on financial speculation. These corporate crooks are, in many cases, not only big donors, but close personal friends of Jorge Wahhabi Bush. Still, I don't think there was a choice. Obama was rapidly rising in the polls as the media hyped up the economic downward spiral on Wall Street. Even if this "recession" is all a mirage (which it probably is, for now), the voters were rapidly moving in the direction of punishing the Republicans. I maintain there is no way McCain can win if there is the appearance of a recession/depression.

I agree... no matter how unpopular the intervention... the alternative is far worse.  However.... in the end... it may not matter.  It all depends upon when we hit bottom... which I think is a long way from now.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 12:03:55 AM »
To a certain extent, we Americans deserve a good ol' fashioned depression. It would be fitting wrath for the selfish, superficial, me-first attitude that almost all of us have. Sometimes I think Americans would vote for Adolf Hitler himself (ys"vz) if he promised to improve the economy.

Of course, the only trouble with this is that honorable, moral Americans will get hurt as least as much as the decadent.