Author Topic: $5 billion by Warren Buffet 9/24/08  (Read 2509 times)

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
$5 billion by Warren Buffet 9/24/08
« on: September 25, 2008, 12:45:25 AM »
I don't have a link but one of my liberal friends just told me that Warren Buffet put $5 billion back into our economy today.  Mr. Buffet claims, according to my friend, did not do it to be a hero but for his own personal reasons.  I think Warren Buffet is a hero for putting that money back into the economy today.  My friend read it off pinko news MSNBC, but when interrogated by me -:)said it was all over the news.  I missed it because i've been goofing off on the computer today :-[

ETA:  Warren Buffet showed confidence in the America banking and lending system.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:11:59 AM by jaime »

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
Re: $5 billion by Warren Buffet 9/24/08
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 01:10:44 AM »
he put 5 billion in goldman-sachs, just think of the profits he will make when that stock goes back up...

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 01:13:54 AM »
You and Pat both seem to have an obsession with Goldman Sachs. Maybe that's why you defend him when I attack him.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 01:17:06 AM »
You and Pat both seem to have an obsession with Goldman Sachs. Maybe that's why you defend him when I attack him.

and you are just being foolish
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/24/business/24goldman.html?hp
Buffett Deal at Goldman Seen as a Sign of Confidence

Warren E. Buffett, the country’s most famous investor and one of the world’s richest men, announced on Tuesday that he would invest $5 billion in Goldman Sachs, the embattled Wall Street titan, in a move that could bolster confidence in the financial markets.

Are they anti semites too?  Is buffett?

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 01:17:57 AM »
you are right....Goldman Sachs.  yeah, he'll get richer but i think he was trying to show some confidence in an economy and country that is in chaos, turmoil and devastation, according to some folks [myself, trying to be an optimist. it's very hard.]  i was listening to an East Coast station on the radio and this woman from NY said she was just "dying," trying to keep her business afloat, pay the bills (i guess she is unable to,) you know the stories we have been hearing from people who work hard, the American Dream, ruined, unless you are a crook, illegal immigrant, in congress, etc.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 01:19:12 AM »
you are right....Goldman Sachs.  yeah, he'll get richer but i think he was trying to show some confidence in an economy and country that is in chaos, turmoil and devastation, according to some folks [myself, trying to be an optimist. it's very hard.]  i was listening to an East Coast station on the radio and this woman from NY said she was just "dying," trying to keep her business afloat, pay the bills (i guess she is unable to,) you know the stories we have been hearing from people who work hard, the American Dream, ruined, unless you are a crook, illegal immigrant, in congress, etc.

don't say that name, if you do you are an anti semite...

/sarcasm

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 01:23:12 AM »
Shouldn't you be on the Amcon forum?

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 01:25:23 AM »

shoudn't you should be going through all news articles, and exposing anyone that uses the name "goldman sachs" as an anti semite?

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 01:32:09 AM »

shoudn't you should be going through all news articles, and exposing anyone that uses the name "goldman sachs" as an anti semite?

thank you for the warning.  i see we have irrationality when it comes to making money with Goldman Sachs and should wisely take counsel from these posters and put our money elsewhere :laugh:

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 01:33:33 AM »
Jaime, I'm not trying to say GS is blameless. I am pointing out that it isn't coincidental that Buchanan and other high-profile Nazis single them out as an example of corporate corruption.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 01:38:16 AM »
Jaime, I'm not trying to say GS is blameless. I am pointing out that it isn't coincidental that Buchanan and other high-profile Nazis single them out as an example of corporate corruption.

they are singled out because they happen to be the top investment bank in the world...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 01:41:20 AM »
I don't need to say what kind of people claim GS is the most powerful bank in the world.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 01:43:15 AM »
I don't need to say what kind of people claim GS is the most powerful bank in the world.

everyone that knows anything about it say it.  They don't claim it, it is a fact it is the premier investment bank in the world.  Why is there a problem in saying that?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 01:49:38 AM »
Isn't there a Ron Paul message board out there that would value your insights?

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 01:52:14 AM »
Isn't there a Ron Paul message board out there that would value your insights?

why don't you answer the question?  Why is it wrong to say that goldman sachs is the premier investment bank in the world?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 01:52:57 AM »
Take it to Ron Paul's forum. I don't need to indulge this childishness.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 02:04:29 AM »

I am fairly new here C.F.  26 of these banking institutions are being investigated by the FBI.  i am not too hopeful because i see how standards are lowered in everything:

1) unqualified people are working at jobs that are difficult to fulfill their duties in;

2) Hollywood, for example, in the era of the '40s you had to have it all, talent, looks, singing, dancing, and now, i truly believe that one of those execs had an ugly daughter, put her in a movie and the standards in Hollywood became mainstream: the uglier, the better, and talent, well...just get a voice coach and so on.

I do not know what kind of world we are living in now.  It is different from when I grew up and also I am on the other coast now.  I want to go home.  I've had enough of California already.

C.F.  there is corporate corruption everywhere.  if you are nice, like so many of us are, that is a sign of weakness where I live in miserable Los Angeles.  I don't see any gangs or any of that....it is quite gorgeous here, fun to people watch, however, I would like to move away from here.  We needed a loan and were 2 or 3 days away from getting it because now we are at a standstill in business.  Oh how delightful, this just came in my box:

They Gave Your Mortgage to a Less Qualified Minority
By Ann Coulter  

Share Your Comments

On MSNBC this week, Newsweek's Jonathan Alter tried to connect John McCain to the current financial disaster, saying: "If you remember the Keating Five scandal that (McCain) was a part of. ... He's really getting a free ride on the fact that he was in the middle of the last great financial scandal in our country."

McCain was "in the middle of" the Keating Five case in the sense that he was "exonerated." The lawyer for the Senate Ethics Committee wanted McCain removed from the investigation altogether, but, as The New York Times reported: "Sen. McCain was the only Republican embroiled in the affair, and Democrats on the panel would not release him."
(Continued Below)

C.F., I hope to talk to you again and I want to hear what you have to say.  I haven't heard anything derogatory about Goldman Sachs, but maybe the news (normal news not Obama news,) hasn't gotten to it all or i slept through it.  You are entitled to think whatever you want.  Has this been going on for a while with Goldman Sachs.  A senator from NY (can't be sure but he had a strong NY accent,) today said around $390 billion is set aside in a single institution for the bonuses at these lending and investment firms.  no one is hired unless they are yes men.  what do they want someone that says "no" to them for.  excessive and outlandish payouts like that are sure to drive any company into the ground.  we have no choice but to bail them out or the entire economy is down the tubes and it's the end of the USA.  maybe i will change my mind tomorrow but it's late here and i've been on this computer too long!  sleep well.

J.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 02:06:46 AM »
Take it to Ron Paul's forum. I don't need to indulge this childishness.

so you can't answer the question then.  Interesting.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 02:12:34 AM »
Jaime, you don't have to justify yourself to me. I'm not saying Goldman Sachs is innocent, and I'm sure that they engaged in bad loans just like the other banks. I was pointing out that the Nazi, Pat Buchanan, always singles out Goldman Sachs when he attacks Wall Street corruption, because they are the only major Jewish-owned bank, and t_h_j was defending him. So don't worry, you didn't say anything wrong.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 02:14:18 AM »
he put 5 billion in goldman-sachs, just think of the profits he will make when that stock goes back up...

Buffet is a smart guy.. .and its too bad that he has decided to maintain his Democratic partisanship...  but I guess. its tough to teach an old dog new tricks.

I think the financial stocks that have survived the turmoil still have more to drop.   They wont start climbing again, until Real Estate recovers.. and borrowing eases up a bit.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 02:28:49 AM »
Jaime, you don't have to justify yourself to me. I'm not saying Goldman Sachs is innocent, and I'm sure that they engaged in bad loans just like the other banks. I was pointing out that the Nazi, Pat Buchanan, always singles out Goldman Sachs when he attacks Wall Street corruption, because they are the only major Jewish-owned bank, and t_h_j was defending him. So don't worry, you didn't say anything wrong.

neither did you C.F.  how is Goldman Sachs the only one left standing that is Jewish?  i know you don't think Goldman Sachs is innocent.  None of them are.  So Pat Buchanan is singling out Goldman Sachs.  Yuk, I just had to look up a photo image of him.  I hear him all the time on t.v.  I don't know how I've missed it on t.v.  I guess I just watch different news shows and certainly not him.

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 02:43:31 AM »
I don't have a link but one of my liberal friends just told me that Warren Buffet put $5 billion back into our economy today.  Mr. Buffet claims, according to my friend, did not do it to be a hero but for his own personal reasons.  I think Warren Buffet is a hero for putting that money back into the economy today.  My friend read it off pinko news MSNBC, but when interrogated by me -:)said it was all over the news.  I missed it because i've been goofing off on the computer today :-[

ETA:  Warren Buffet showed confidence in the America banking and lending system.

Warren Buffet is an evil leftist who made an emotional speech to congress to raise the estate tax. Of course his children don't need to worry about that since he has tax shelters. These billionaires and celebrities ironically want bigger government because bigger government helps them and the higher taxes don't effect them.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 02:51:03 AM »
Buffet bought into Wall Street right after 9-11 too and he made a good amount of money on those investsments.  If you want to get some good deals in the market, now is the time to buy.  It's very risky though if you don't know what you're doing. That kind of includes me... :P

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 03:13:34 AM »

Buffet is a smart guy.. .and its too bad that he has decided to maintain his Democratic partisanship...  but I guess. its tough to teach an old dog new tricks.

I think the financial stocks that have survived the turmoil still have more to drop.   They wont start climbing again, until Real Estate recovers.. and borrowing eases up a bit.

you are right Briann, before it gets better, it gets worse.  that's what these "experts" are saying for days now.  maybe it's so they can get their greedy little hands on the $700 B or is it $1.5 trillion and then say, "it didn't work, we need more of the taxpayers' money."  no matter which way you look at this, there is no justification for it.  back in 2005, McCain supposedly warned Bush about Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, but he wouldn't listen, then we've got the 2nd beneficiary, Barrack Hussein Obama, receiving approx. $157K from one of those institutions (too tired to remember which one it is,) and now Bush calls upon people breaking their necks working to "save the homeowner who wasn't qualified in the first place," to stay in their homes: **** let them go live in apts., call the Marshall, put a lock on the mansions of the front doors, confiscate the cars, yachts, and other toys and multiple homes of the thieves, indict them, subpoenae them, investigate them....sidenote: 26 institutions are being investigated by the FBI.  my question is: is there anyone qualified that works at the FBI?  standards have been lowered .....look at Obama.....given a free pass his entire life. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 03:16:45 AM »
Jaime, Buchanus is Nazi scum of the earth, period. He is always out to make the Jew, or the Jewish business, out to be the bad guy. Nazis like him love to say that the media is all "Jew owned". If that is the case, why does every TV news or commentary program constantly invite his Nazi arse on to represent the "conservative" side, and why does every newspaper in the land have him in syndication?