Author Topic: Is Palin cracking under pressure?  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
Is Palin cracking under pressure?
« on: September 29, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »
After last week's interview with Katie Couric, I've begun to notice Palin has not fared well under media scrutiny (come on, Alaska and Russia?).

She's looks flustered, and not well spoken and it causes me even greater concern with the debates that are coming up, but then again Joe Biden minus a teleprompter is bound to offer some golden moments!

If I worked for the McCain campaign, I'd take Palin off a leash and have her campaign on a issue she knows well: Drilling. It's why she was chosen, so she should be taking the media head on and addressing it like there's no tommorrow.
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
Re: Is Palin cracking under pressure?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 04:00:54 PM »
I saw an article at the Spiegel (in German) which also shows that interview. And I must admit that she was throwing around with lots of platitudes.

No surprise that the media is picking on her when Obama's whole campaign is a bunch of platitudes.

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/0,1518,580937,00.html

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 07:46:37 PM »
Sarah Palin's later interviews with Katie Couric were excellent. This is pure media bias and a leftwing double standard that is being applied to Palin.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 08:00:08 PM »
The way the media has twisted Palin's image is criminal! The attacks almost seem to be calculated and coordinated between CBS, ABC, and NBC.  In theory she will give a great debate presentation but the media will focus on one mistake, blow it out of proportion and then report on it constantly for th next 72 hours. Just sick.  If I were her I would focus on how she is just an everyday American and how she does not have millions in the stock market and she does not travel the world on luxury vacations. 

McCain had to pick her, do not believe what the media says. The reason the media is attacking her so much is because they fully know that she was the perfect pick and they have to work hard to bring her down. Romney would have been EASILY portrayed as an out of touch billionaire, Lieberman would have caused the conservative base to boycott, Pawlenty would have received a scaled down version of the attacks that Palin is receiving but he would bring much less to the table also.

If Palin was a liberal and Obama had selected her here is how the media would present her:
"Sarah Palin is the Governor of the largest state in the United States. She could end up the first female President of the USA.  She bravely guided her eldest daughter through an unplanned pregnancy. She represents a new generation of politicians from the western part of the USA (they would then ramble on how about great the west is and how liberal ideas from the west are taking over the usa and shaping the morality wars).

I have yet to hear how Alaska is the largest state in the USA. If she was a liberal you would hear it EVERY night.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 08:04:33 PM »
I'm a bit weary of Palin. I am not enjoying her appearances.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
I think she is doing fine i believe the media are trying to show their bias liberalism
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 09:16:02 PM »
Unfortunately, the way a person performs in front of a camera is the most important factor to voters.  A person can be decent and have solid stances and that may not matter.  On the other hand, a person can be generally a lousy candidate and still perform well in front of a camera and be elected.  Even many smart people fall victim to this type of thinking.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 12:35:02 AM »
They are doing everything they can to destroy her.  They probably had done so much research on the other potential candidates that they had to adopt a new strategy for her and were pissed that they wasted so much time researching people like Romney.

They never gave Obama the questions they give Palin.  It's like Jeopardy or 21 Questions. 

Tina Fey from SNL said she was hoping her Plain impressions would get people to vote for Obama. 

Too bad Palin is 10000 prettier, smarter and more decent than that talentless whore. 

We have to get out those Jeremiah Wright videos to out friends and families again! 

Remind them why we are against Obamination in the first place!!!! 

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 03:03:41 AM »
They are doing everything they can to destroy her.  They probably had done so much research on the other potential candidates that they had to adopt a new strategy for her and were pissed that they wasted so much time researching people like Romney.

They never gave Obama the questions they give Palin.  It's like Jeopardy or 21 Questions. 

Tina Fey from SNL said she was hoping her Plain impressions would get people to vote for Obama. 

Too bad Palin is 10000 prettier, smarter and more decent than that talentless whore. 

We have to get out those Jeremiah Wright videos to out friends and families again! 

Remind them why we are against Obamination in the first place!!!! 

Palin is just too unexperienced. She did not know the answer! Ok, but she should have turned it agains Katie with enough passion and the logic that you just provided. Who cares what Katie thinks, America would love her for that. Instead, we are getting a bubbly nonsense from Sarah. Sarah Palin needs to ask one question: What would Reagan do?
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 10:32:52 AM »
She must would have felt a deep sense of frustration and depression after the hilarious meeting with the pak666 president.

Hope she can come out of that spell as soon as possible.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 01:40:31 PM »
I am very confident with Palin on this debate. I honestly believe she will do circles around Biden in the debate...

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 04:28:30 PM »
I am very confident with Palin on this debate. I honestly believe she will do circles around Biden in the debate...
I hope you're right Vito.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 05:12:35 PM »
I hope you're right Vito.

Me too.  I hope she mops the floor with him.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 07:01:20 PM »

Ive never seen the media try to decimate a candidate
with such ferocity and hatred as they've tried to do to Palin.

By contrast, there is a complete and total media blackout of Obama's
life, past, and mind-boggling gaffes.

Past history has proven she is an excellent debater  ...
But she is in the major leagues now with a whole new set of topics.
but I am confident she will do much better than expected.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 09:28:17 PM »
I am watching the debate right now.
Biden is very good and presentable, but Sarah is hitting it out of the ball park!
 :clap:
I don't think this debate will change the momentum of the election as McCain tend to self-destruct) but the best thing that will transpire is that Sarah Palin will establish herself as a fearsome national conservative political figure.
 8)
I am very impressed by Sarah's performance! 
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 08:30:42 AM »

I am very impressed by Sarah's performance! 

Me too!  I think she did very well.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)