Author Topic: Haredim being used as drug mules  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
Haredim being used as drug mules
« on: October 01, 2008, 08:00:41 PM »
Haredi Jews are being used as drug mules according to this

http://www.thestar.com/article/509125

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:07:37 PM by Mifletzet »

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
Re: Haredim being used as drug mules
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:19:29 AM »
These 3 Haredim are still in the Tokyo slammer - "Jewish chicken"! http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/972194.html

Never carry any package or envelope for anyone - even yer own mutha!
http://www.jewishpress.com/content.cfm?contentid=31380

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:24:39 AM »
These 3 Haredim are still in the Tokyo slammer - "Jewish chicken"! http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/972194.html

Three then, not 4? So what has the picture of 4 charedim on bicycles that you posted have to do with it?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:10:14 AM »

Three then, not 4? So what has the picture of 4 charedim on bicycles that you posted have to do with it?

Probably nothing.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 08:25:10 AM »

Probably nothing.

Well spotted Sherlock.

However, you didn't spot that I quoted Mifletzet because it's he who posted it and it's really for him to answer.  Why he posted the picture.

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 08:37:21 AM »
The photo is merely meant as an example of the types of young fellows in the burgeoning Haredi population whom a crook would jus' love to use to smuggle drugs, wittingly or unwittingly, in the Tefillin batim "for his friend Moishe"!

An article in Misphacha interviewed the chief customs officer at Ben Gurion Airport, where he stated that all Haredim, men and women (yes: drugs have been found inside sheitels!) are now given extra special attention and surveillance, also for illegal amounts of cash (>$40,000), and produce (bringing in an etrog without a licence can get you a $5000 fine!).

The Rabbonim have ordered their devotees not to travel with any suitcases, only a minimum of hand luggage, and absolutely no gifts for anyone.

A well known British Haredi was recently caught with drugs at Paris airport, and is now facing 4 years in the slammer!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:52:18 AM by Mifletzet »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 08:49:12 AM »

Probably nothing.

Well spotted Sherlock.

However, you didn't spot that I quoted Mifletzet because it's he who posted it and it's really for him to answer.  Why he posted the picture.

No I did spot that, I just anticipated his answer and answered on his behalf.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 08:51:16 AM »
The photo is merely meant as an example of the types of young fellows in the burgeoning Haredi population whom a crook would jus' love to use to smuggle drugs, wittingly or unwittingly, in the Tefillin batim "for his friend Moishe"!

An article in Misphacha interviewed the chief customs officer at Ben Gurion Airport, where he stated that all Haredim, men and women (yes: drugs have been found inside sheitels!) are now given extra special attention and surveillance, also for illegal amounts of cash, and produce (bringing in an etrog without a licence can get you a $5000 fine!).

The Rabbonim have ordered their devotees not to travel with any suitcases, only a minimum of hand luggage, and absolutely no gifts for anyone.

Better that way, otherwise actual drug dealers could just dress up in a streimel and smuggle all sorts of stuff.   I'm curious how you found this article

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 08:53:32 AM »
<snip>

We know what charedim look like, and don't have to identify all charedim with 3 minors used as drug mules.

These ones were probably riding bicycles because a car is expensive, not because they are naiive.  Infact they all have beards.  And none of those in that picture look like minors either.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 09:02:02 AM »
                                                                                                               בס''ד

This is a disgusting anti-Semitic thread. 99.99% of Charedim are not in any way involved with this. I spent five and a half years in prison and met thousands of drug dealers. Not one was a Charedi Jew.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 09:32:42 AM »
Drug people that intimidate and delude innocents into doing there dirty work are extremely intelligent and masters at thier game. They will make you think that you are on a mission for God to save the world, and in reality you are a mule for thier empire.

People in these drug empires should go straight to Hell and burn for eternity. They ruin thousands of innocent lives every year and that is not counting the actual end users!!!
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 10:44:05 AM »
                                                                                                               בס''ד

This is a disgusting anti-Semitic thread. 99.99% of Charedim are not in any way involved with this. I spent five and a half years in prison and met thousands of drug dealers. Not one was a Charedi Jew.

This is a very recent phenomenon, long after you did your stretch, and hopefully after the few draconian sentences, it'll be over, as no one wises up and gets more scared quicker than the frum!

Cocaine was implicated in the recent fatal crash of well known British philanthropist Rabbi BZ Dunner

http://www.thejc.com/node/3808

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1041830/Gods-postman-gave-away-millions-snorted-cocaine-died-80mph-Bentley-crash.html

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:02:37 AM by Mifletzet »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 01:41:53 PM »
People beware of this anti-semite Mifletzet. he/she hasn't done this for the first time. Time and again, it has written nagative threads agains't religious Jews (purposly to defame them), has written false accusations of Halacha (stating that Halacha allows the raping of women, as long as the male wants it- which is not true, but another attempt at making fun and defaming Judasim and religious).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 02:15:10 PM »
Mr Dunner is most probably NOT a rabbi. (There are alot of rabbi dunners, but they are titled as Rabbi).

The charedi press never referred to him as rabbi.  It's likely that the secular press think that anybody with a black hat is a rabbi.

He did do alot of charity work, and for that was well respected.

The story afterwards, that he had cocaine in his system, was a big suprise to everybody.

These charedim don't even have television sets.  So drug problems are rare, it's hard to imagine where the source of a drug problem could be,  so it's just a weird story..

I have heard in the past of  Charedim being used to transfer drugs around, but that is most probably naiivity. There are some that are very astute, but it's only natural that in a culture that spurns the outside world, you would have many that don't know what recreational drugs are.  Or even what recreation is!

Infact,   I know a family that dropped out of that world.  Children became modern orthodox.  One of them was jogging along in a kippa.    He jogged past 2 charedi kids.   One said to the other "is he jewish?"  (in yiddish) .
The other responded(in yiddish) "yes, but not like us".  Clever kid.. Thing is, different world.

What is interesting, is mifletzet has merged 2 stories here.
The drug mule story,  (where he went along with the idea that some are just naiive)
and the Mr Dunner cannabis story. (which is clearly not naivity)
So he merges it to one big drugs problem.. Which is not the case.. But clearly he just wants to besmirch the entire charedi society.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:31:04 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 06:10:47 PM »
Rav Kahane said that "The Haredim are irrelevant!".

And we see his words being born out.

The Haredi numbers are burgeoning. But their influence on events is actually dwindling! A sure sign of Hashem's disfavour. Most will not stand at the Geulah!

Dunner had semicha, according to his obituary, and was a huge baal tzedakah.

He would write out very generous cheques to the 1000s who queued for hours outside his home.

Yet I am sure that if Chaim, Yekusiel, Lenny or David, when their turn would come, and he would ask for which mosad they were collecting for, and they would mention the name "Kahane" or "Kach", them davka he would not give to!

Such is the still persisting antipathy & allergy in the Haredi world for anything to do with the blinding Torah truth of Rabbi Meir Kahane: although Haredim believe in Hashem & keep the mitzvos, they are still exceedingly far, if not opposed to the emess, lo aleinu!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:16:43 PM by Mifletzet »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 06:19:49 PM »

The Haredi numbers are burgeoning. But their influence on events is actually dwindling! A sure sign of Hashem's disfavour.

Actually more like a sure sign of their choice to not wield influence and not enter the arena of leadership or national existence.   It has nothing to do with "Hashem's disfavor."   You should see some of the audio files in the Torah section by Rav Bar Hayim on Shabtai ben Dov's analyses... They are spot on.   The haredim have simply chosen to stay out of it all.   A continuation of their past hashkafa.   Obviously the wrong choice.  But these are not evil people.   You have an obsession with haredim and yet it seems you've never actually met any!

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 06:25:54 PM »
Who says the Haredim are "evil"?!

But the Divrei Chayim did say that "Before the Moshiach, most rabbis would be of the Erev Rav".

And the Erev Rav are evil!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 06:33:02 PM »
Who says the Haredim are "evil"?!

Did you just answer your own question?

Usually Hashem would "show disfavor" to evil people no?   Your cartoonish renderings are absurd. 

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 06:53:17 PM »

<snip>

This is a misinterpretation of rabbi kahane.

First of all.. I can believe that he said that.. I have heard it mentioned before, but I would like to know when/where.

I can make a good estimate as to the textual context of his statement.

The short answer, is that Rabbi Kahane was looking for an urgent solution. Not looking at grass roots. (his son worked more at grass roots).    Rabbi Kahane had an idea that haunted him. He saw the 40 years pattern of warnings and punishment, and thought we would only have 40 years of warnings, and G-d would punish israel.  He timed the 40 years from 1948.. A period, he said and wrote, maybe 40, maybe 42.  In a sense he was amazingly right, he was murdered in 1990.  

He wanted to win people over to his cause. To win votes.. He knew that Charedim just follow their rabbis.  And even if another rabbi is very convincing, they won't budge.   So, they were irrelevant to him at that time.

One thing Rabbi Kahane did not predict, and this is probably because it simply wasn't relevant to him in his  lifetime.  Was the increase in Charedi population. The fact that they may become the majourity.
Which he'd probably have thought - and I probably wouldn't argue with him on it - is less to worry about than an increasing arab population in israel.

The Charedim were irrelevant to rabbi kahane BACK THEN.  Given Rabbi Kahane's goals.. At that time . And during his entire life.

Rabbi Kahane was a Winner, and a man that set goals and acheived many of them, perhaps all but one of them.  And he set big goals.
And he intentionally sacrificed things in order to acheive those goals..sacrificing family time for example. Sacrificing the secular life for judaism.  And saving jews.  In parts of his life he regretted that with all the speaking he didn't have more time for torah study..  (though he certainly accumulated alot of torah study in his lifetime.. and near the end of his life he was really sage like)

That's what it boiled down to. They were irrelevant to his goals at the time.

Just as early on, becoming prime minister was irrelevant to him.  It would have detracted from his goal of the time.  

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:38:39 PM by q_q_ »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 06:54:42 PM »

The Haredi numbers are burgeoning. But their influence on events is actually dwindling! A sure sign of Hashem's disfavour.

Actually more like a sure sign of their choice to not wield influence and not enter the arena of leadership or national existence.   It has nothing to do with "Hashem's disfavor."   You should see some of the audio files in the Torah section by Rav Bar Hayim on Shabtai ben Dov's analyses... They are spot on.   The haredim have simply chosen to stay out of it all.   A continuation of their past hashkafa.   Obviously the wrong choice.  But these are not evil people.   You have an obsession with haredim and yet it seems you've never actually met any!

good that you listened to them.

is there anything there that is actually new analysis?
(did you really not know that the haredim believe in having nothing to do with the govt? and have always believed that)

you want to write anything about what you listened to?

you are telling people ot listen to it so surely you recall things that were interesting to you.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 07:25:55 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 08:07:47 PM »
I love how this person writes "Haredim are irrelevent" and then with almost every thread he/she makes is a thread bashing Haredim and Judaism (Inadvertly Judaism, expecially with false Halahic claims- expecially the infamous "by Halacha men can force women to have sex with them" - I dont know what he/she is quoting? - Perhaps the quron). If they are soo irrelevent, then why do you keep bringing up these stupid threads, bashing what you call "Haredim", and not only that, but also Sefardim (who'm you compared to being like Arabs!, Persian Jews, whom you also degraded.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 08:42:39 PM »
A Sefardi Jew used to be known as a mistaravi - "party Arabised". A Parsi Jew is somewhat Parsified. A German Jew is somewhat Germanified. An American Jew somewhat Americanised etc.

Rav Hirsch says that this is part of the test of the Golus, for the Jew to be forced in to contact with the the traits (good & bad) of their temporary host countries, and through Torah acquire the good traits, and reject or sublimate the bad ones, sometimes not always succesfully.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 12:30:52 AM »
בס''ד

Thank you, Chaim! You took the words right out of my mouth.

To compare the Charedim to drug dealers, G-d forbid, is a huge lie and a stab at Yiddishkeit.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 01:11:16 AM »
People beware of this anti-semite Mifletzet. he/she hasn't done this for the first time. Time and again, it has written nagative threads agains't religious Jews (purposly to defame them), has written false accusations of Halacha (stating that Halacha allows the raping of women, as long as the male wants it- which is not true, but another attempt at making fun and defaming Judasim and religious).
Did you see his/her sick comments about IDF women?

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 03:59:17 AM »
No where did I compare Haredim to "drug dealers".

There have been several recent cases of Haredim caught at airports with drugs. A rebbe some years ago was found to be laundering drug money. A well known Haredi in England was found to have cocaine in his body. There used to be a small drug "underworld" in most yeshivas.

Given the vast imbibing of drugs worldwide, this is not surprising, and whatever illegal drugs are taken amongst the Haredim is miniscule compared to the rest of the world: Torah-observant Jews are still the am nivchar - the best of mankind!

But the Soton likes to blow it out of proportion, and label the "black coats" for everything ,and to get the goyim, chillonim and Moderdox to attribute all terrible vices to them, when in comparison the Haredim are almost viceless!

There is only one vice the Haredim & their leaders can really be blamed for: for ostracising, spurning, lambasting, and rejecting Kahane, his message, and his devotees, to this day!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 04:30:15 AM by Mifletzet »