Author Topic: A genuinely disheartening piece of news .....  (Read 453 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
A genuinely disheartening piece of news .....
« on: October 05, 2008, 04:50:40 AM »
As bad as Obama would be as president, I've never been quiet about noting that McCain is no prize either.  What disturbs me most right now is the latest news that the Dhimmicrats may be heading for 60 seats in the Senate, a filibuster-proof majority.  In effect, if you consider the RINOs out there like Arlen Specter, etc, even 57 or so might be enough.  Can you imagine Obama with a free hand in the House and Senate?

Which leads me to an open question for debate:  Throughout the Tanach, there were periods when God sought to rein-in a strayed Israel, and one means of humbling His people was by sticking them with bad leadership.  So, is America in the process of getting a dose punishment from God?

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: A genuinely disheartening piece of news .....
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:55:11 AM »
I don't understand how could the Dems get 60 seats at the senate while a majority of states are blue states (in the presidential race).

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: A genuinely disheartening piece of news .....
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 08:11:47 AM »
With Obama in the drivers seat he will be working with a Democrat majority in Congress. This will give him a free hand to impose all sorts of crazy policy and worst of all appoint whoever he likes to the supreme Court. He can then set policy for the country for decades to come. This is what you get when a Republicans turned on the party as it did two years ago and refuses to vote for its people in order to punish the party for not being more active on key issues. We are headed for serious problems and the worst part of the entire issue is not much is being said about it. Does the picture of sheep walking to the slaughter ring a bell?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years